Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

G.I. Joe: Resolute

+12
DickGrayson007
alucardbarnivous
Ska
Thundermatts
shining knight
Lee
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Administrator
Mnemosis
Debaser77
Astro13Zombie
Metal Misfit
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Well, I wasn't sure how I felt about the Storm Shadow thing, but... the idea of him being evil instead of tragic was rather interesting, I thought.

27G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:08 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Well, I wasn't sure how I felt about the Storm Shadow thing, but... the idea of him being evil instead of tragic was rather interesting, I thought.

On one hand, it was more shocking that SS would do what he did, but a big Joe fan, I thought it was a shame. I guess I can't look at it clearly for that reason, though I can't help but wonder from a writing standpoint if making SS a villain was just easier.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

28G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:Well, I wasn't sure how I felt about the Storm Shadow thing, but... the idea of him being evil instead of tragic was rather interesting, I thought.

On one hand, it was more shocking that SS would do what he did, but a big Joe fan, I thought it was a shame. I guess I can't look at it clearly for that reason, though I can't help but wonder from a writing standpoint if making SS a villain was just easier.

While the old story for SS was more interesting, I always found it difficult to believe that that honorable man could align himself with Cobra. Introducing him as a heartless monster makes his allegiance make more sense.

29G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:53 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it throw back to Count of Monte Cristo where the protagonist becomes a monster like those that ruined him in his search for vengeance. Storm Shadow wanted revenge for his master and was willing to do whatever it took to kill the assassin except while maintaining his honor. I can only imagine the body count for the Joes had Snake-Eyes not been a member to be a bit of SS's conscious whenever he went after the organization. I remember an episode of GI Joe though where SS went all out in a fight with Spirit. Awesome battle.

30G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:33 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I remember an episode where SS and Spirit sat in a cave that was rapidly filling with water, and Spirit sat down him style and said "I must dwell on this"

31G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

32G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:49 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I can dig it!!!

33G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 am

J Nova

J Nova
Cadet
Cadet

G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 1240865944630

34G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Tue May 05, 2009 4:03 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Metal Misfit wrote:New "adult oriented" mini-series from Adult Swim for all of us who grew up watching the original show.

YoJoe.com & Hasbro have the details.

The first 2 episodes are up:
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25059520b3d89e0120b49221340025

But beware, they're playing for keeps this time. Shocked
Jackasses won't play it accross the boarder!! :x

35G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Tue May 05, 2009 12:46 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought that you could just watch it on the internet? Why does it have to matter if you live in canadia for that?

36G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Tue May 05, 2009 8:24 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

It shouldn't, but for some reason, it does. Sometimes it sucks being in Canadia.

37G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Tue May 05, 2009 9:24 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought this was done really well. i don't think anything will come after this. my favorite part was with snake eye and storm shadow, that was done really well and the fighting was great

38G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:It shouldn't, but for some reason, it does. Sometimes it sucks being in Canadia.

If you go to hisstank.com I think there is a thread that has a link to a youtube screening of resolute. try looking for it there.

39G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Wed May 06, 2009 12:45 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For the record... not being able to watch GI Joe is down right UNAMERICAN!!!....wait that whole canadia thing again.

40G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Fri May 08, 2009 11:14 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOVE THIS! It would have made my grandfather proud. He would always complain that no one ever got shot in the old Joe cartoon. Of course he over looked the fact that it is a kids show. Smile

41G.I. Joe: Resolute - Page 2 Empty Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute Fri May 08, 2009 11:21 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Not anymore! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum