Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let Me In

+14
Fresh03
boberthavok
Spaced4SimonPegg
MikeSabian
Combo Mo
Administrator
Ska
TENIME_art
BlueMaxx
jaydee74
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Astro13Zombie
Paroxysm
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Let Me In Empty Let Me In Fri May 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Let Me In Moretz-leandersson-compare
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/07/first-look-chloe-moretz-in-let-me-in/
News of a remake of Swedish vampire film Let the Right One In generated a lot of heat, and no small amount of anger. (The remake was announced before the original had been properly released in the US.) But some of the bile dissolved when people got a chance to see Let Me In star Chloe Moretz in Kick-Ass. Hey, this kid’s pretty good! Maybe this remake won’t be so bad after all. So will this first look at Moretz as Abby, the ‘not really a child’ at the center of the film, sway opinions yet again?

Let the Right One In featured Lina Leandersson in the role of Eli, a seemingly young girl who moves into a new block of flats and befriends Oskar, a quiet 12-year old boy. In the original film, Leandersson had an eerie, unearthly quality that quickly tipped off her character’s true nature, but never undermined it. Leandersson’s severe, slightly odd look was perfect for the inhuman, disconnected and necessarily savage Eli.

Chloe Moretz, in this photo, just looks cute. Which doesn’t have to be a bad thing. We know that director Matt Reeves has gone back to the source novel and is presenting a slightly different take. His renamed characters (Abby and Owen, with the latter played by The Road’s Kodi Smit-McPhee) may express themselves differently…they may be quite a bit different, in some ways.

Which is well and good, so long as the movie is good. And without seeing Moretz walking and talking (and killing) as Abby, it’s too early to create expectations for the film just from one photo. But is this what I was expecting to see when I’d imagined Hit Girl as the story’s young vampire? Not quite. [Entertainment Weekly, via OhNoTheyDidn't]

Let the Right One In was probably one of the best vampire movies of all time. I was a little concerned when I heard they were doing a remaking but when I found out that Chloe Mortez was attached to play Eli concern turned to excitement.

Finally a good vampire movie!!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

2Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It doesn't need a remake!
shake my head

3Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Fri May 07, 2010 2:20 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:It doesn't need a remake!
shake my head

THIS.

4Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Fri May 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I see nothing wrong with remaking this movie, if anything it will turn more people on to the original.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

5Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Fri May 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They did an American version of The Office, and it worked out pretty well. It's not like a remake of an American flick, like The Lost Boys; it's a foreign film, so it should be a good way to bring it over here and make money, which is what businesses do.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

6Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Fri May 07, 2010 6:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read somewhere (I think it was Entertainment Weekly) that one of the conditions of Chloe doing this movie was that she wasn't allowed to see the original. Her parents thought it was too scary for her.

7Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Fri May 07, 2010 8:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's pretty funny. And even funnier considering the movie she just did. Heh.

superdoug wrote:
Astro13Zombie wrote:It doesn't need a remake!
shake my head

THIS.
Those. Heh.

I'm not gonna judge early, but still feel like it really doesn't. At least wait a fuckin' while. Are people too lazy to read subtitles?

8Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sat May 08, 2010 12:05 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck subtitles. If I wanted to read, I'd pick up a book, not go to/stick in a movie. dry

At least dub the goddamn thing. Rolling Eyes

And, fuck all you "English Dubbing Haters". Seriously. You people are worse than PETA. Shit, I get more respect from vegans for eating meat than I do from people who are all fucking horny for subtitles & think dubbing is the Devil's work. Eat shit. I can't understand any language as good as I can my native tongue, and I already stated the reason for not liking subtitles. I don't want to read movies. I shouldn't fucking have to.

Rolling Eyes

9Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought Let the Right One In was boring. I love the concept of it, but it was too slow paced for me.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

10Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sat May 08, 2010 3:03 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

All my life I've been watching English (and some other languages) speaking movies with Hebrew subtitles, and I'm thankfull for the dubbing crap (other than some animated films/TV shows) to never take off around here. Dubbed live action films suck ass, no matter how good the voice actors are. Animation? Sure thing (unless you get a dumb replacement for Kevin Conroy, for example).

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

11Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sat May 08, 2010 9:17 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This one has been on my MUST SEE list for a few months now. Talented cast and I'm looking forward to it.

12Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sat May 08, 2010 5:42 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Undecided about this, but I'll give it a go nonetheless. Loved the original.

TENIME_art wrote:
And, fuck all you "English Dubbing Haters". Seriously. You people are worse than PETA. Shit, I get more respect from vegans for eating meat than I do from people who are all fucking horny for subtitles & think dubbing is the Devil's work. Eat shit.

That post is serious, yes?

13Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sat May 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still haven't watch the first one all the way through. I thought it was way to slow.

14Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sat May 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I really liked it.

15Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sun May 09, 2010 1:45 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MikeSabian wrote:That post is serious, yes?

Because of the insults I've gotten for liking English dubbed movies? Yes, my response to those people is deadly serious.

16Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sun May 09, 2010 4:40 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MikeSabian wrote:Undecided about this, but I'll give it a go nonetheless. Loved the original.

TENIME_art wrote:
And, fuck all you "English Dubbing Haters". Seriously. You people are worse than PETA. Shit, I get more respect from vegans for eating meat than I do from people who are all fucking horny for subtitles & think dubbing is the Devil's work. Eat shit.

That post is serious, yes?
TENIME_art wrote:

MikeSabian wrote:That post is serious, yes?

Because of the insults I've gotten for liking English dubbed movies? Yes, my response to those people is deadly serious.

Wow. Unfair. Not all of us that prefer the subtitles to piss-poor translation of foreign tongues (for American audiences, who apparently won't appreciate the poetry in some languages' syntax) are so anti-nonsubtitlers. I could actually give a shit whether you like subtitles or dubbing or not. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of the movie. I don't understand why you don't adopt the same attitude for dubbed movies.

Fuck them if they judge you by what appeals to you personally. Movies are art, and all art is subjective.

17Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Sun May 09, 2010 4:48 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Then you're an exception to the rule, like Tripper is as a vegan who doesn't think I need to be put to death for eating meat.

But that's the reaction I've gotten from every other person I've interacted with about it. "You're a piece of shit lazy American who thinks the entire world needs to be changed to suit you!!" (And, the funny thing is that everyone who's said that is as American as I am.)

Rolling Eyes

18Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I personally prefer subtitles over dubbing. Dubbing can get distracting at times.

19Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Mon May 10, 2010 11:45 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

For me with dubbing if it is a anime then I have no problem with it. But dubbing a live action movie just doesn't feel right and gets to distracting. As for subtitles I always use them no matter what. Even if it is an English langue movie. I just like reading them and also catching different lines sometimes

20Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Mon May 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Chloe Moretz is in it, I'll probably go see it, over the last couple of years she's emerged as probably the best young actress around right now, and not just for her role as Hit-Girl, she was awesome in 500 Days of Summer and was about the only good thing about the Eye.

I'm confident she'll kill the movie and the rest of the cast looks pretty solid.

21Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On the dubbing debate: I generally prefer subtitles but when it comes to Bruce Lee and Godzilla movies, dubbing please.

On the remake: I really enjoyed the remake and a lot of that came down to how much I could sympathise with Oskar as I had siliar problems when I was his age. To see an English version of the film would be intersting. If they actually add some depth to the story, it'll work.

22Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Tue May 11, 2010 2:46 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

I've got a question.
Spoiler:

23Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Tue May 11, 2010 5:14 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^
Spoiler:

24Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Tue May 11, 2010 5:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Whoa! What?! Where'd you hear that?
Spoiler:

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I personally prefer subtitles over dubbing. Dubbing can get distracting at times.
Really? Most find it the other way around. Dubbing can sound silly to me, so I usually prefer subtitles. Like with Let The Right One In, the dubbing sounded so silly. Greatly preferred the subs. As for subtitles in action movies, I'll admit that they can be distracting--having to look down in an inopportune moment while eye-candy is happening.

Fresh03 wrote:Chloe Moretz is in it, I'll probably go see it, over the last couple of years she's emerged as probably the best young actress around right now, and not just for her role as Hit-Girl, she was awesome in 500 Days of Summer and was about the only good thing about the Eye.

I'm confident she'll kill the movie and the rest of the cast looks pretty solid.
I forgot that she played the more-mature-than-her-big-bro little sister in 500 Days of Summer. Haven't seen The Eye. J-horror remakes usually aren't too great. Course, here we are talking about an Americanized remake of a Swedish horror film. Heh.

And how do you mean she'll kill the movie? In a good way?

25Let Me In Empty Re: Let Me In Tue May 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

And how do you mean she'll kill the movie? In a good way?

Yeah I meant she'd be great in it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum