The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kearstin Paints Sometimes

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
It's been a while and I'm a bit rusty, but I've been meaning to pick back up drawing and painting. Generally I only use caligraphy ink and marker and pen, but, here is some of my crap. Constructive criticism welcome! <3















And then I drew this pseudo recently, and it just goes to show how fkn rusty I am I guess haha:

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

2 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 4:06 am

prescribeddrone

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Those are nice, the winged girl with the red back round is my favorite.

View user profile

3 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 4:49 am

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I've mentioned how I like your art before--that Munster is fantastic--and how you should keep at it. The expression of the face on the left in "When My World Comes Tumbling Down" was a really nice add to that picture. And that Colossus isn't bad at all. You're great with the tiny details that matter. Hair, wings, clothing, jewelry, tattoos...again, definitely keep it up.

I'm not an artist, so I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot who's pretending like he knows how to draw tongue, but I notice that your characters' legs look hokey whenever you draw them bending. Like in pic #2 and Poison Ivy's. Not trying to be mean, but they don't seem to bend at the knee so much as they "Gumby", you know what I mean? I think a more defined knee, and maybe showing more depth with the thighs depending on the character's body, I suppose. Again, not a drawer...dra-wer...draw...er.

View user profile

4 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
prescribeddrone wrote:Those are nice, the winged girl with the red back round is my favorite.
Thank you! I did an opposite of her too. I'll have to take a picture of that.

BlueMaxx wrote:I've mentioned how I like your art before--that Munster is fantastic--and how you should keep at it. The expression of the face on the left in "When My World Comes Tumbling Down" was a really nice add to that picture. And that Colossus isn't bad at all. You're great with the tiny details that matter. Hair, wings, clothing, jewelry, tattoos...again, definitely keep it up.

I'm not an artist, so I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot who's pretending like he knows how to draw tongue, but I notice that your characters' legs look hokey whenever you draw them bending. Like in pic #2 and Poison Ivy's. Not trying to be mean, but they don't seem to bend at the knee so much as they "Gumby", you know what I mean? I think a more defined knee, and maybe showing more depth with the thighs depending on the character's body, I suppose. Again, not a drawer...dra-wer...draw...er.
Oh no it's fine! I totally know I can't draw legs. Legs and faces I can't draw for shit. Which is why most of the time eyes and nose are it. No mouths or anything!

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

5 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 5:48 am

Was the Basil Gogos painting the base for that Herman?

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

6 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 10:03 am

FroZen

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Badass!! I really like that first one.

View user profile

7 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Spazzy

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
wow!! those are great

View user profile http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

8 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Kearstin wrote:
Oh no it's fine! I totally know I can't draw legs. Legs and faces I can't draw for shit. Which is why most of the time eyes and nose are it. No mouths or anything!
Most of the faces are fine. I kind of see what you mean with Poison Ivy and Colossus, although i still like the Poison Ivy. She just needs a faint little cheekbone or something to show depth. And the Colossus' left cheekbone, brow and chin kinda do hang over. But the bodies are well formed, detail and all. The angles you have the faces are trickier, I imagine.

View user profile

9 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Fri May 14, 2010 4:33 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
The Ignored One wrote:Was the Basil Gogos painting the base for that Herman?


BlueMaxx wrote:
Kearstin wrote:
Oh no it's fine! I totally know I can't draw legs. Legs and faces I can't draw for shit. Which is why most of the time eyes and nose are it. No mouths or anything!
Most of the faces are fine. I kind of see what you mean with Poison Ivy and Colossus, although i still like the Poison Ivy. She just needs a faint little cheekbone or something to show depth. And the Colossus' left cheekbone, brow and chin kinda do hang over. But the bodies are well formed, detail and all. The angles you have the faces are trickier, I imagine.
I knowwwww I suck at people so bad hahaha
I see people like J Scott Campbell and Khary Randolph and I'm like "I would like to draw my women like that please and thank you".

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

10 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Sat May 15, 2010 12:57 am

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Those guys are great, but just try and do what works for you.

Really wasn't trying to make that rhyme. Sigh.

View user profile

11 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Sat May 15, 2010 1:11 am

Kearstin wrote:

Those are pretty good. I love this one. Smile

View user profile

12 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Sat May 15, 2010 3:03 am

Nice job on that Herman!! He's definitely my favorite. I just looked at the Basil painting, and it has a completely different expression. I think what made me think of him was your use of color. Nice job.

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

13 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Sun May 16, 2010 1:34 am

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Kearstin, those are beautiful. I haven't drawn like that for years...hell-I haven't drawn for years! I probably would've been good as that if I wasn't pursuing my music and acting career. My mother is an artist so it's in my blood-your work has pushed me to maybe take an art class soon.

Kudos!

View user profile

14 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Sun May 16, 2010 2:41 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
^ Thank you! I feel I should pick it back up again. I'm soooooooo rusty now.

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

15 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Spider_Fan14

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I really like your picture of Collossus the best.

View user profile

16 Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes on Fri May 21, 2010 4:24 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Thanks! That's actually the most recent, and I'm not too happy about it haahaha

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum