Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kearstin Paints Sometimes

+5
FroZen
The Ignored One
BlueMaxx
prescribeddrone
Kearstin
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

It's been a while and I'm a bit rusty, but I've been meaning to pick back up drawing and painting. Generally I only use caligraphy ink and marker and pen, but, here is some of my crap. Constructive criticism welcome! <3

Kearstin Paints Sometimes Bottle11

Kearstin Paints Sometimes Lovean10

Kearstin Paints Sometimes Street10

Kearstin Paints Sometimes Brody10

Kearstin Paints Sometimes 31412_115128495194747_113355065372090_90528_3443485_n

Kearstin Paints Sometimes 31412_115128585194738_113355065372090_90533_210813_n

Kearstin Paints Sometimes 31412_115128501861413_113355065372090_90530_2217014_n

And then I drew this pseudo recently, and it just goes to show how fkn rusty I am I guess haha:
Kearstin Paints Sometimes 5774_566191507464_194307533_33222677_5067462_n

http://www.1womanshow.com

2Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 4:06 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those are nice, the winged girl with the red back round is my favorite.

3Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 4:49 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've mentioned how I like your art before--that Munster is fantastic--and how you should keep at it. The expression of the face on the left in "When My World Comes Tumbling Down" was a really nice add to that picture. And that Colossus isn't bad at all. You're great with the tiny details that matter. Hair, wings, clothing, jewelry, tattoos...again, definitely keep it up.

I'm not an artist, so I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot who's pretending like he knows how to draw tongue, but I notice that your characters' legs look hokey whenever you draw them bending. Like in pic #2 and Poison Ivy's. Not trying to be mean, but they don't seem to bend at the knee so much as they "Gumby", you know what I mean? I think a more defined knee, and maybe showing more depth with the thighs depending on the character's body, I suppose. Again, not a drawer...dra-wer...draw...er.

4Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

prescribeddrone wrote:Those are nice, the winged girl with the red back round is my favorite.
Thank you! I did an opposite of her too. I'll have to take a picture of that.

BlueMaxx wrote:I've mentioned how I like your art before--that Munster is fantastic--and how you should keep at it. The expression of the face on the left in "When My World Comes Tumbling Down" was a really nice add to that picture. And that Colossus isn't bad at all. You're great with the tiny details that matter. Hair, wings, clothing, jewelry, tattoos...again, definitely keep it up.

I'm not an artist, so I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot who's pretending like he knows how to draw tongue, but I notice that your characters' legs look hokey whenever you draw them bending. Like in pic #2 and Poison Ivy's. Not trying to be mean, but they don't seem to bend at the knee so much as they "Gumby", you know what I mean? I think a more defined knee, and maybe showing more depth with the thighs depending on the character's body, I suppose. Again, not a drawer...dra-wer...draw...er.
Oh no it's fine! I totally know I can't draw legs. Legs and faces I can't draw for shit. Which is why most of the time eyes and nose are it. No mouths or anything!

5Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 5:48 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Was the Basil Gogos painting the base for that Herman?

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

6Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 10:03 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Badass!! I really like that first one.

7Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wow!! those are great

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

8Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kearstin wrote:
Oh no it's fine! I totally know I can't draw legs. Legs and faces I can't draw for shit. Which is why most of the time eyes and nose are it. No mouths or anything!
Most of the faces are fine. I kind of see what you mean with Poison Ivy and Colossus, although i still like the Poison Ivy. She just needs a faint little cheekbone or something to show depth. And the Colossus' left cheekbone, brow and chin kinda do hang over. But the bodies are well formed, detail and all. The angles you have the faces are trickier, I imagine.

9Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Fri May 14, 2010 4:33 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

The Ignored One wrote:Was the Basil Gogos painting the base for that Herman?
Kearstin Paints Sometimes Munster

BlueMaxx wrote:
Kearstin wrote:
Most of the faces are fine. I kind of see what you mean with Poison Ivy and Colossus, although i still like the Poison Ivy. She just needs a faint little cheekbone or something to show depth. And the Colossus' left cheekbone, brow and chin kinda do hang over. But the bodies are well formed, detail and all. The angles you have the faces are trickier, I imagine.
I knowwwww I suck at people so bad hahaha
I see people like J Scott Campbell and Khary Randolph and I'm like "I would like to draw my women like that please and thank you".

10Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Sat May 15, 2010 12:57 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those guys are great, but just try and do what works for you.

Really wasn't trying to make that rhyme. Sigh.

11Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Sat May 15, 2010 1:11 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kearstin wrote:Kearstin Paints Sometimes 31412_115128585194738_113355065372090_90533_210813_n

Those are pretty good. I love this one. Smile

12Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Sat May 15, 2010 3:03 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Nice job on that Herman!! He's definitely my favorite. I just looked at the Basil painting, and it has a completely different expression. I think what made me think of him was your use of color. Nice job.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

13Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Sun May 16, 2010 1:34 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kearstin, those are beautiful. I haven't drawn like that for years...hell-I haven't drawn for years! I probably would've been good as that if I wasn't pursuing my music and acting career. My mother is an artist so it's in my blood-your work has pushed me to maybe take an art class soon.

Kudos!

14Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Sun May 16, 2010 2:41 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

^ Thank you! I feel I should pick it back up again. I'm soooooooo rusty now.

15Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really like your picture of Collossus the best.

16Kearstin Paints Sometimes Empty Re: Kearstin Paints Sometimes Fri May 21, 2010 4:24 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

Thanks! That's actually the most recent, and I'm not too happy about it haahaha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum