Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

If it's true you hate in others what you see of yourself....Who do you hate?

+7
shining knight
FroZen
Mnemosis
Ska
Joshua
superdoug
riv1
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read somewhere it's a type of Freudian-projection.
Basically it means that you take unwanted subconcious desires/impulses you have and start to see them in other people, hence you really hate yourself when you hate someone else.

That being said, who do you hate in RL and in "the world"?

In RL, i hate one of my superiors, he's two grades above me, same age group though, a real snarky, know it all type who always has an answer for everything and can give you a million ways on how things "should be done". He never shows up at PT, he shows up sparodically at the office but when he does it's always "I need, you have to, this has to get done," etc etc. He doesn't see us fellow NCOs or the juniors as anything more than numbers. what matters to him is mission success and nothing else.

In "the world" i'd have to say Osama Bin Laden.
This guy can't grasp the basic tenent of religion which is, "be good". To yourself and others. He hates people because they're different, not realizing people are different to make the world worth living in. Why he chooses to follow, or, more accurately, interpret his religion to mean destroy all others who don't do as he does, just baffles me. That's not the kind of God i'd want to follow.
And, on a personal level, he declared war on my country, and has been inderectly responsible for fucking up the lives of many of my friends and myself. The shmuck.

So, who do YOU hate?

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think it's any kind of fallacy. My BF constantly bitches about his mother's tendency to rattle on and on about the most inane, interesting-only-to-her things...yet, he does the exact same thing to me on a regular basis. So, I can see where you'd be unpleasant to people who remind you of your worst qualities.

In Scientology, the idea is that you get angry with (or hate) people you've actually wronged somehow. Like, if I took your favorite book and ruined it, to deal with the guilt, I would just make you wrong somehow and criticize you harshly for it until I actively hated on you.

I don't actively hate anyone, mostly because it's a waste of energy and mental well-being. That being said, there are plenty of people I don't want to be around for any number of reasons, the primary one being out and out stupidity or obtuseness.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate really intelligent, funny, beautiful people.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I hate really intelligent, funny, beautiful people.
If it's true you hate in others what you see of yourself....Who do you hate? Zoolander_still

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LMAO "There's more to life than being really really good looking!"

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Hopeless romanticism and sheer bliss?

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="superdoug"]

In Scientology, the idea is that you get angry with (or hate) people you've actually wronged somehow. Like, if I took your favorite book and ruined it, to deal with the guilt, I would just make you wrong somehow and criticize you harshly for it until I actively hated on you.
quote]

So...scientology teaches you to act like a 3rd grader. Interesting.

As far as hating someone...hmmmm...I don't know right off hand...I hate an awful lot.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

celebrities who are famous for nothing (see anyone famous for being in a reality tv show, anyone famous because their family is famous and anyone who is famous for a sex tape)

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Spoiled rich kids who live off their parents accomplishments/money and don't truly appreciate it. Any sort of wannabe gangsters. Most people who claim to be into cars.

Really, I tend to just hate people in general - for the most part they're dumb, ignorant, panicky, irrational, hypocritical, selfish animals.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You stop talking about me like that! I'M a people!

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

You know, I was getting all prepared to say 'I don't hate any people, only hate what they do, and sometimes dislike them strongly' until today.

Today when I checked my email, and got a response to the job I was really, really hoping for.
A part-time data entry job for a Satellite company? PIECE of cake!!! A no-drama job that I am way over qualified for and can do in my sleep, and being as I'm about ready to starve and this was my only thread of hope lately....I have been anxiously awaiting for a few days (I was a first responder so had a good chance).

SPAM-BOT@!#!@!!! They just posted a legit job to get my email and try to get me in money scams. I now HATE the person repsonsible. It's extrememly diabolical and evil to get a starving (almost) person's hope up and toy with their emotions in this extremely destitute time, just to sell them stuff.
Our state is number 2 nation wide in unemployment rates, and our rate hasn't been this high since the great depression (nightly news tells me). AND THEY'RE TRYING to use it TO SELL ME STUFF?!

There are real people behind those bots, and I now hate them. Bastards.

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hypocrites. I hate being a hypocrite myself, which is why I probably notice moreso than others. I dislike when someone are seemingly resolute about something but in another conversation will roll over to appease the person...or just wanted to argue before?

Pro-life people, but are against stem cell research (No, I don't want to get into that discussion). Or people who enjoyed a movie, but went with the majority of opinions to not deal with the shit-storm of comments against their favoring...I guess, anyway. I mean, enjoy the new Star Wars trilogy! Enjoy the last two Matrix films! ENJOY GODFATHER PART III! Heh.

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:
Joshua wrote:I hate really intelligent, funny, beautiful people.
If it's true you hate in others what you see of yourself....Who do you hate? Zoolander_still

lol! lol! lol!

http://www.tamarasanime.com

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it's true you hate in others what you see of yourself....Who do you hate? 912738cf-02bc-4e99-9253-a89c90bdd5b2_1

Beat that! king

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd beat that with a tire iron if it came anywhere NEAR me!

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was with you bluemaxx until you mentioned godfather III no amount of money in the world can change my opinion on that film...and the other two were sooooo good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum