Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvel movies in the future?

+4
colossus1979
Bigtymin504
Sandman
shark6495
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marvel movies in the future? Empty Marvel movies in the future? Thu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thought about this while reading about the Avengers.....

Does marvel have any say who appears in movies not made by their own studio? For example now that their is a Marvel Studios (or w/e its called) couldnt they just decline the rights of other characters being in movies made by fox/sony/etc.....

Spiderman is being remade, so couldnt Marvel just be like, um you are only allowed to use the bad guys you have already used. No new ones? Or do all the bad guys fall under the umbrella of the named franchise?

Like with the X-men, Cable has never been used (same with Bishop)... So could Marvel just tell Fox, sorry guys those characters are off the table, and make a movie themselves with those characters?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

2Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Fri May 21, 2010 12:22 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

this is a fair question. I do not know. I just read in the Avengers THread that possibly the Skrull would be the bad guys in that film where they are typically a FF villan

3Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Fri May 21, 2010 12:52 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From what I've heard about this issue is that they can't use characters that are part of or closely associated with a certain "family" of characters. Like for example, Kevin Feige said that Marvel Studios can't make a Dazzler movie if they wanted because she's a mutant/X-Man so Fox has the rights to her. I think it gets tricky legally though for characters like Namor and certain villains. Not sure what the rules are there.

Personally, I was hoping Disney would have flexed their muscle and got back all the rights for Marvel from these various studios...but apparently they're not as all-powerful as I thought. Mad

4Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Fri May 21, 2010 10:51 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dude i heard a rumor about an iron fist movie today.....i mean....i'm all for super hero movies...but that's kinda reaching.

5Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Fri May 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:dude i heard a rumor about an iron fist movie today.....i mean....i'm all for super hero movies...but that's kinda reaching.

I think that could work. A kung-fu movie, throw in some Shang-Chi, maybe introduce Luke Cage, toss in some Misty Knight and Colleen Wing, and create a set-up for the lost city storyline from the Brubaker and Fraction run and one has a viable series. My only concern is the person rumoured to play Iron Fist. The guy doesn't strike me as an Iron Fist any more.

6Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Fri May 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:From what I've heard about this issue is that they can't use characters that are part of or closely associated with a certain "family" of characters. Like for example, Kevin Feige said that Marvel Studios can't make a Dazzler movie if they wanted because she's a mutant/X-Man so Fox has the rights to her. I think it gets tricky legally though for characters like Namor and certain villains. Not sure what the rules are there.

Personally, I was hoping Disney would have flexed their muscle and got back all the rights for Marvel from these various studios...but apparently they're not as all-powerful as I thought. Mad

I've heard the same thing. Brevoort, however, made it seem like one gets usage over certain characters, and not just a huge lump of them.

7Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Fri May 21, 2010 11:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel will get through each character twice with a reboot for each character/team/title within the next fifteen years.

8Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Sat May 22, 2010 12:32 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

nah, i think they well try...let it go if they don't like the results.....except for FF they didn't really make sequels of movies they didn't deem cash cows.

9Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:dude i heard a rumor about an iron fist movie today.....i mean....i'm all for super hero movies...but that's kinda reaching.

I think Iron Fist would be perfectly suited for a TV series. I could totally see that. yes

10Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Sat May 22, 2010 2:32 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
I think Iron Fist would be perfectly suited for a TV series. I could totally see that. yes

now see, a tv series yes....but a movie....ehhhhh....i'm on the fence

11Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel Planning On Introducing New Characters With Short Films?

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1100559p1.html

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=19277

"Got a scoop from a well trusted source that Marvel/Disney are looking at doing 10 minute short films in front of their feature length movies that will introduce secondary characters like Black Panther, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, etc."

"I have no other information on this. Such as what movie they plan on starting this with (Avengers maybe?) or what character(s) they plan on introducing first."

I think this could be a brilliant move! Lesser risk than a full-length feature film, and plenty of reward of introducing these lesser known characters for potential future use.

12Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Yeah I heard about this awhile ago....Dazzler should be neat. lol

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

13Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:40 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i like this idea if they do it either animated or digitally animated. The thing is if you do a live action flick then you will have to plan or somewhat plan out the people you want in the movies... then again though actors come and go....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

14Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Sounds neat.

colossus1979 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

now see, a tv series yes....but a movie....ehhhhh....i'm on the fence
yes A Heroes for Hire would work really well. They could get into Alias/Pulse from that when they introduce Jessica Jones in later seasons. Very Happy First season is them together, forming this A-Team of sorts, then the second could focus on Luke and his background, dabbling in Iron Fist's ninja-y-ness. 3rd could then go into the Iron Fist stuff, with some more sprinkles of Luke and bring in Jessica, refreshing the process with her detective stuff the 4th season, ending with baby Jones-Cage.

15Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

A TV series would well also. Iron Fist is not effects heavy and fills a genre that is fairly unfilled as TV shows go. I love it.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Marvel Planning On Introducing New Characters With Short Films?

"Got a scoop from a well trusted source that Marvel/Disney are looking at doing 10 minute short films in front of their feature length movies that will introduce secondary characters like Black Panther, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, etc."

"I have no other information on this. Such as what movie they plan on starting this with (Avengers maybe?) or what character(s) they plan on introducing first."

I think this could be a brilliant move! Lesser risk than a full-length feature film, and plenty of reward of introducing these lesser known characters for potential future use.

I like this idea. This could work.

16Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Marvel Planning On Introducing New Characters With Short Films?

Sounds interesting. Where would these short films be shown though?

17Marvel movies in the future? Empty Re: Marvel movies in the future? Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Sounds interesting. Where would these short films be shown though?

Maybe right after the trailers and right before the feature film...similar to the Day & Night animated short they had in front of Toy Story 3.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum