Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

the return of downtime

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the return of downtime Empty the return of downtime Mon May 24, 2010 3:56 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

on a spaceship headed towards earth:

"you don't have to do this,you know." a tiny figure sitting in a dark room says he's a

small skinny man but you wouldn't know it from the way he's restrained. he has a collar

on...so tight it almost chokes him, connected to a chain almost twice his size. the chain

extends from his neck collar to two giant handcuffs that weigh down the tiny frame of the

man and the chain then connects to a solid concrete wall behind him. the light in the

room now flickers on. "and why wouldn't i want to do this little man?" the giant figure

in the doorway replies. the tiny man looks up at the giant figure "because they are your

friends." the giant figure steps into the light and the tiny man sees his face,and

remebers what fear is. the green skin, the gamma radiated eyes full of rage and anger for

a world that never understood him, nor would leave him in peace. the hulk was returning to

the world of his birth...may god have mercy on the planet. "BULLSH*T!" the hulk

says,reaching out to grab the chain of the tiny man lifting him completely off the ground

forcing him to look eye to eye with the emerald behemoth. "you have always taken their

side you puny bastard! i'm so sick of you......." he almost chokes on his name "banner."

now....before we continue.....let's go back. before the event known as "the civil war"

took place the iiluminati consisting of tony stark, professor charles xavier , namor the

king of atlantis , black bolt king of the inhumans , and reed richards leader of the

fantastic four and some would say the most brilliant mind on the planet,decided that the

hulk was entirely too dangerous to stay on the planet after his most recent of rampages.

while he was on a mission in space for shield, they decided to alter the navagation

computer on his ship and send the hulk into exile on a planet with no intelligent life in

essence no one to provoke the monsters appearance ever again......and let bruce banner

live out his days in peace. unfourtnatly for all, the plan did NOT go as expected. weather

by universal design or by an accident of monumental proportions, the computer

malfunctioned on the shuttle given by shield, and the gentle doctor and his jade

counterpart landed on a planet known as sakaar, full of waring barbarian trbes,and

gladitorial battles,and ruled by a corrupt and cruel emperor known as the red king. the

hulk and his small band of compatriots rebelled and defeated the red king, and supplanted hulk as their king.

and as all seemed to be serene,and the hulk finally able to lead a life away from his savage nature, it happened... an explosion from the craft that brought him.

it destroyed everything, his kingdom, most of his followers, but most importantly his wife and unborn child.

he screamed his reborn rage, and vowed vengance on the blood of the fallen.

which brings us back to the now. back to the story,as it were. "i'm sick of you making excuses for those ants!

tired of you taking their side when half the time they've tried to kill you....kill me!"

hulk said almost in amazment that banner wouldn't be on his side. "hulk, you have to

understand." bruce said "it isn't that they want to kill you, but you have just become too

dangerous over the years. whatever's angering you,whatever is fueling your rage, it's

getting stronger, and you're getting worse." "worse?" hulk says inquisitively "i've never

felt better!" hulk begins flexing his muscles, almost in a narcisstic manor "i'm in the

best shape of my life." "yes,hulk." bruce says "phisically, you are in the best shape

ever,but....." "but what puny man?" hulk asked,his voice becoming more and more agitated

"well, take this conversation for instance" bruce said "how is this possible?" "even I

know that smart guy." hulk says "it's......it's....." "it's impossible?" bruce asked

"hulk i'm in your mind. this shouldn't be happening." "well why don't you give me insight

friggin' dr. phil." hulk replied scarcasticly "your mind......it's fracturing again."

bruce said "what do you mean?" hulk asked "you remember don't you, our grey friend." bruce

replied "he was reintergrated into our....." "i remeber fixit banner." hulk interrupted

angrily "what's your point?" "my point is..." bruce continued on "during that time there

were 3 distinct minds at work. yours, fixit and of course mine." "don't remind me." hulk

replied "my point is now it's different." bruce continued "different how?" hulk asked

"well look at it this way, when fixit was our outer persona, did either you or i have

conversations in our mind like this?" "we always have conversations like this." hulk said

"no" bruce said "not like this, look at me." "so?" hulk said "hulk, never in our time

together have you chained me up and locked me away." bruce said "yeah but i've wanted

to." hulk replied "but don't you see the problem here?" bruce asked "why now,whay when

we're on our way home would you do this?" "because maybe i just want you to shut up for

once." hulk said "maybe i am just tired of you constantly being the mamby pamby apologist

for those weaklings. and maybe, and back to my original point, i WANT this." "but what

about me?" bruce asked "what if i don't want this?" "get to the g-ddamned point banner!"

hulk screamed, then recomposed himself eager to listen to the doctor. though he'd never

admit it, he did appriciate, even at times respect his intelligence. "well, back to what i

was saying." bruce said "even though at that time there were 3 minds at work, none of us

were shut away, even in a mental picture. this is just a manifestation yes, but in some way

we aren't working in unison anymore." "big deal." hulk said "we have never been of one

mind on anything." "no hulk i suppose not." bruce said "but out minds were always linked

in some way. and now......" the fear climbed in his voice "it's like i can't read you.

like i don't exist inside you anymore." "and that scares you?" hulk asked "yes, terribly."

bruce replied "good!" hulk said "you don't need to know what's happening next, you don't

need to be in my mind crying "hulk please" all the damn time! all i ever wanted was to be

left alone, and what did they do? shuttle me into space to clean up their mess, and my

thank you was damn near a death sentence! they deverve what happens next banner,every

last bit of it!" "hulk please!" banner begins to plead to the massive green man, begining

to feel the anger fill the room "they just didn't want you to hurt anyone else i'm sure

they didn't mean to...." "WHO GIVES A F*&K WHAT THEY MEANT!!!!" hulk screamed "if it's my

life or theirs, guess what? i win! i'm starting with stark and working my way down the

food chain, they are all going to pay!" "see,this is what i mean hulk." bruce interjects

"look at how quickly you boil over? any other time,you know that you'll win out in the

end. at times you just ignored them entirely, now it's like the anger is just building to

extreme proportions, like......like....." "like the abuse is finally all too much?" hulk

asked,doctor banner cringed. he closed his eyes and flashes of his childhood passed

through his minds eye, he could almost feel the belt strike him,hear the screams ringing

in his ears. "stop it." bruce said quietly "please." "stop what?" hulk asked "it's not like it

was me who beat you,who abused you, who almost drove you to suicide." "shut up." bruce

said,his voice slightly rising "i bet none of them know THAT do they?" hulk asked "i bet

NONE of your precious friends know that you wanted to end it all do they? that the

"curageous dr. banner" who fights so deperately for his life and the lives of others was

inches away from ending it all as a teen." "stop it." bruce said "i bet they would've

helped you do it if they'd knew what you'd....what we'd become....this monster they all

hate so much. i bet 'ol richards himself would have calculated how fast the blood left

your body,hell grimm's rocky a$$ would've placed bets." "hulk,please." bruce pleaded with

his giant mind advasary,his voice breaking more and more "or what? you'll kick MY a$$?"

hulk poking fun at his tiny chained opponent "but then again that's ALWAYS been your

story hasn't it bruce, being to weak to defend yourself, to timid to stand your ground.

that's why i exist, that's why you need me. that's why you have used me all this time."

"what?" bruce asked, almost in a confused state. as if the jade giant had figured out the

theory of relativity right before his eyes. "don't play coy......just us crazies here."

hulk said "you may have not wanted me, but you're glad i'm here. finally you could show

them,you weren't weak. you could reach out to them almost from beyond their deaths and

choke the spirit out of them,and get your revenge. revenge on him for his abuse, revenge

on her for never protecting you. and revenge on the wold who downplayed your mind and

belittled your brilliance." "no!" bruce said in a panic "come on bruce." hulk said "you

know as well as i do,the science community never truly respected you,your so-called

peers. hell even betty ignored you, until the explosion,until me." "that's a lie!" bruce

yelled "betty loved me!" "riiiiight." hulk said "so that explains why she got married and

was banging glenn talbot?" "that was different, you're twisting it! it didn't happen that

way!" bruce replied "whatever!" hulk said "bottom line is she didn't love your scrawny

a$$, she loved the power,she loved me." "you lie!" bruce yelled "is that why she smiled

different when we were merged, why she stayed more when your brain was in my body, why she

quivered when i touched her,why she moaned different when my body made love to her as

opposed to yours?" "you son of....." bruce charged at him.....knowing he'd never make

it.....the chain yanked him back. "but back to your wonder years." hulk continued "i

wonder if they would help you, if they could go back in time,like the question of "would

you kill hitler as a child?" it'd be more like "would we stop the hulk from existing?"

and i'd bet you be surprised." bruce, kneeling and shaking on the ground beneath the

massive frame of the hulk, could start to see the logic in all his statements. he could

see no flaw in his logic. "and then your mommy and daddy would've been happy then huh?"

bruce looked up at him "then 'ol poppa banner would have been glad,finally having you off

his hands,that way he could have focused all that attention on dear sweet mommy. it's not

like she gave a crap about you anyway, it's not like she stopped him. who knows, maybe with

you gone it would've all ended,no beatings no abuse. maybe he could have been a good

man." "ENOUGH!!!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!" bruced screamed "YOU'RE RIGHT OKAY!! i did want to

kill myself, i took a handful of pills and went into the bathtub with a razor to cut my

wrists, but i stopped myself! i wouldn't let that bastard win!! god forgive me,i was glad

when he died, overjoyed! but it wasn't enough,he had ruined my life! so i wanted to be

smarter than he ever was, that's whay he was jealous of me! and finally that gamma

explosion did it, it brought all that rage to the surface, all my power into being! i'd

show them, i'd show them all! you're right, i used you! i used your power, your rage to show

them, show them all that was a threat! when our personalites merged i was smater that

richards, more clever than stark, and more powerful than any juggernaught or thing they put

in front of me! even though they acted like friends and fought by my side they STILL

feared me, and well they should have! when betty died i had lost my last tie to that

godforsaken planet, so i decided to unleash you for once and for all. and when that didn't

work i just kept up the ruse so they didn't kill me. i don't want you dead hulk, but i'm

tired of this hatred, this rage this war on humanity, i've had it with earth and all the

people on it." "and that's your problem." hulk said "you burn bright with rage, then you

shroud yourself in grief, you have even more anger than me but you refuse to use

it......until it boils over." the hulk begins to turn away twoards the door "that's where

i come in, that's why you need me." "you're right,hulk." bruce said "and i just realized

something...I'M the one who chained me up." "trying to stop me." hulk interjected "YOUR

pain,YOUR rage...it's what has always fueled me. your grief and hate keeps me

driven,keeps me in power." "then god damn me straight to hell." bruce said "one more

thing." hulk said,from behind his back he pulled out a large headpiece and muzzle. he

clamped them on doctor banner,now silencing his only one critic,his only one voice of

reason. "this'll be better til i'm done." with that said hulk turned off the light and

closed the door "god damn me straight to hell hulk." bruce said in his thoughts "and if

he has any common sense, he'll damn you right along with me."

"Inside." (made off the top of my head as a WWH prelude. i used alot of poetic licence, and i hope you at least liked it.)

2the return of downtime Empty Re: the return of downtime Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*lol* I'll read this tonight but I would love to see my last semester's reaction to this...I think I'll print it out for her-to grade! Laughing

Looks interesting though, C.

3the return of downtime Empty Re: the return of downtime Mon May 24, 2010 12:57 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

eh, i'm thinking of taking writing classes again anyways....it might benefit me to see what a teacher says. last time i was in a classroom......the first bush was in office.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum