Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

DV8: Gods and Monsters

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DV8: Gods and Monsters Empty DV8: Gods and Monsters Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know if anyone's checking this out but after the first 2 issues I've got to highly recommend it. I knew absolutely nothing about these characters but on the strength of Brian Wood being the writer and the blurb in Previews making it sound very intriguing I thought I'd check it out. It's really, really good.

First of all the artist, Rebekah Isaacs, is excellent. She's doing really terrific work here - I love her style. But mostly I'm really loving the story. This group of superpowered characters have been mysteriously dropped an a planet where the people are kind of at stone age level or basically not particularly developed. They don't know by who or how they got there although they've all been fitted with devices that enable them to communicate with the locals. And they don't know why they're there.

A lot of the individuals involved are fairly amoral or deeply flawed in some way and have gradually separate and aligned themselves with different tribes, all of which are at war to some degree. Due to the superpowers the characters I've seen so far are mostly being treated as gods and some of them are quite happy to go along with that. And this mini series is about what happens next.

Guys, this is great - check it out!!! Seriously, I love it and I bet it's going to sell hardly any copies.

2DV8: Gods and Monsters Empty Re: DV8: Gods and Monsters Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree. It's really good. I think one of the more remarkable things is that it's not bi or flashy but it's quite effective nonetheless. It's a good read. It's the original series done right.

3DV8: Gods and Monsters Empty Re: DV8: Gods and Monsters Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:01 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I agree. It's really good. I think one of the more remarkable things is that it's not bi or flashy but it's quite effective nonetheless. It's a good read. It's the original series done right.
Actually I think there might be a couple of bi characters....oh you meant "big"! Laughing

There's so many comics out there and a lot of them not that good that I think it's a bit of a crime that this one is going to sneak by quietly. If I can convince anyone to pick it up then I'll be happy. I didn't know if he could do this super powered stuff but it appears Brian Wood certainly can although it's with his own spin and a bit unusual compared to most stuff out there.

Glad to see that there's a fellow reader of this book out there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum