Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

WWZ: The Movie

+4
BlueMaxx
riv1
Spaced4SimonPegg
ChrisToPhenom
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WWZ: The Movie Empty WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:34 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

After a bidding war with Leonardo DiCaprio's production company Appian Way, Brad Pitt's Plan B Entertainment secured the screen rights to the novel in 2007. The screenplay was written by Babylon 5 and Rising Stars creator J. Michael Straczynski, who identified the challenge in adapting the work as "creating a main character out of a book that reads as a UN Report on the zombie wars". Marc Forster signed on to direct, and described the film as reminiscent of 1970s conspiracy thrillers like All the President's Men. Straczynski, however, identified 2002 spy film The Bourne Identity as an appropriate comparison, and noted that the film will have a large international scope which maintains the political emphasis.

When asked about his involvement with the film, Brooks stated that he had "zero control", but favored a role for Brad Pitt, and expressed approval for Straczynski as screenwriter. In an interview with Fangoria, Brooks said, "I can’t give it away, but Straczynski found a way to tie it all together. The last draft I read was amazing." Despite his lack of artistic control, Brooks did say that the movie "has to be epic ... and if it isn't the Lord of the Rings of zombie movies, I don't want to see it get made."

An early script was leaked onto the internet in 2008. Ain't It Cool News reviewed the script on March 27, 2008, and said "This isn’t just a good adaptation of a difficult book ... it’s a genre-defining piece of work that could well see us all arguing about whether or not a zombie movie qualifies as 'Best Picture' material". The review also noted the film appears stylistically similar to Children of Men. According to Ain't It Cool News, the film follows Gerry Lane as he travels the post-war world and interviews survivors of the zombie war who are "starting to wonder if survival is a victory of any kind." One of the first interviews is with Dr. Tsai, the first to encounter the zombies.

Straczynski had hoped that the film would begin production by the start of 2009. Forster, however, told IGN on March 6, 2009 that the script was still in development and he was not sure if World War Z would be his next film. On March 20, 2009, rumors surfaced that production offices were set up and the film was in early pre-production. In June 2009, Marc Forster told an interviewer that the film would be delayed, stating that the film's script still needs a lot of development and is "still far from realization".

In July 2009, Brooks revealed to Fangoria that the script is currently being re-written by Matthew Michael Carnahan. Brooks believes this "shows the producer's confidence in this project" because of the amount of money that was being invested in it. Paramount Pictures also announced at Comic-Con that they are looking for a new director to replace Forster.

IMDb-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

Nice Fan-made Stuff I Found-

WWZ: The Movie World_War_Z___Movie_Poster_by_fauxster

WWZ: The Movie Worldwarzconceptart

2WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am ready to watch this!!! thumbs up headbang

3WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:40 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I am ready to watch this!!! thumbs up headbang

yes

4WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Zombie are my 2nd favorite sub-genre in horror...with mutant animals killing people being the 1st. Laughing

5WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:49 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, this is good news, i loved that book!

6WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Zombie are my 2nd favorite sub-genre in horror...with mutant animals killing people being the 1st. Laughing
Of course it is. tongue

I want this to be made already. Yeesh.

7WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

That book was awesome. I'll definitely be checking that out.

8WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have the book I need to finish reading it.

9WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow that fanmade stuff looks awesome. I'm so pumped for this movie! big grin

Is there a tentative release date?

10WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:15 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This movie has been in the works forever! I hope it comes out.

11WWZ: The Movie Empty Re: WWZ: The Movie Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:17 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'll definitely check it out if and when it ever gets released.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum