Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series

+7
Batman25JM
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Airwolf
superdoug
TENIME_art
BlueMaxx
Ska
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Empty Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-09/supernatural-the-animation-project-launched-in-japan

The official Japanese website of the Warner Brothers production company has opened a section on Thursday to reveal the Supernatural The Animation project, which will launch from Japan in January of 2011. The "special project" will tie into the American live-action television series Supernatural. The website promises that the new project will be an animated work that no one has seen before. It does not indicate whether the project will be Japanese-animated or not.

The live-action series follows the Winchester brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) as they hunt creatures and other supernatural phenomena across the American landscape. The series premiered on The WB network in the United States in 2005, and it will enter its sixth season on The WB's replacement network, The CW, this fall. The fifth season of the live-action series will ship in Japan this fall, along with the Blu-ray versions of the second through fourth seasons.

Warner Brothers has been involved in several Japanese-animated projects based on American entertainment properties, including The Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight, Halo Legends, and most recently, Thundercats. The studio has also acquired the film rights for Akira, Death Note, and Ninja Scroll, and has reportedly been in talks for the rights to the Bleach manga.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's so cool. So, it will be a series, or an episode, or an intro movie of sorts?

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Pray

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ That's so cool. So, it will be a series, or an episode, or an intro movie of sorts?

And will it contain the often-hoped-for-but-too-icky-for-prudey-TV Winchester brother make-out scene? tongue

Just kidding. Mostly. This is awesome news!

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's not "prudey", it's incest!! lol!

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yaoi times?

i wanna see how they would do ruby - i heart her (the first ruby cus shes blonnndeee *drools)

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first Ruby was Katie Cassidy. Who looks drop dead gorgeous in any hair color!!

Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Kcassidywater2

I love you

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I hope the Anime delves into Papa Winchester's life as a hunter. Either way this is good to hear.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I LOVE Supernatural, but this news is just meh for me. I'm not really a fan when American properties are made into anime. I love anime, but not when based off of American properties.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

more info...
Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series 500x_supernaturalanime

http://io9.com/5560282/supernatural-becomes-a-japanese-anime-from-the-creators-of-death-note
The anime will be a 22-episode season that will cover the storyline of the live-action version's first two seasons. The first volume will ship on January 12 with the first two episodes. On February 2, the "Box 1" set will ship with episodes 3 to 12. On April 6, the "Box 2" set will ship with episodes 13 to 22. (There will be a different release schedule for the rental version of the project.)

The anime project will not only remake the best episodes from the live-action version, but also depict original episodes not seen in the live-action version. Those original episodes will include prologues of the Winchester brothers' childhood, anime-only enemies, and episodes featuring secondary characters from the live-action version.

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is credited as the anime project's creator, and Madhouse co-founder Masao Maruyama is serving as executive producer. Naoya Takayama (Night Head, Liar Game) is supervising the series' scripts, and Takahiro Yoshimatsu (Trigun) is designing the characters.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked

Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Excited-1

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That sounds awesome!

13Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Empty Re: Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:The first Ruby was Katie Cassidy. Who looks drop dead gorgeous in any hair color!!
I'm almost finished with the 4th season, and I've still yet to get used to the brunette host/actress for Ruby's character.

Here's my sentiments for the anime.
Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series 9ury93
Love this gif.

14Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Empty Re: Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:04 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Crap! That's the one I was looking for when I settled for the one I used... unsure

15Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Empty Re: Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:44 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

cool. looking forward to this.

16Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Empty Re: Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Supernatural is one of my favorite show but I cant stand anime.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Off_White_Lantern wrote:Supernatural is one of my favorite show but I cant stand anime.

Whats your beef with anime? You hate the Japanese or something?

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Paroxysm wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:Supernatural is one of my favorite show but I cant stand anime.

Whats your beef with anime? You hate the Japanese or something?

I hate anime art in general. Chicks with animal ears, goofy expressions and the fact that they all look exactly the same to me. Just dont like the way they look.

And theres plenty of Americans doing anime.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Most've probably seen this, but just surfing and thought I'd post it. Little teaser.

Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Tumblr_l6p4fq2CeH1qa4lkco1_400
Jan. 12th 2011
http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2010/08/09/first-look-supernatural-anime-blu-ray-cover-art/

20Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Empty Re: Supernatural is Getting an Anime Series Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:27 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked WANT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum