Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disney's Gargoyles

+5
colossus1979
Joshua
Gojiratoho
Paroxysm
vikoros
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disney's Gargoyles Empty Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:04 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/disney-developing-gargoyles-project.html

The author of the article doesn't really seem to know much about... well anything Disney Gargoyles related.

I really hope this is an adaptation of the cartoon and not just some new thing. I friggun loved that show!

2Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67938
Disney Bringing Gargoyles to Life
Source: Variety July 13, 2010

Walt Disney Pictures is in negotiations with Zoe Green to write the screenplay based on an original idea she developed with the studio on gargoyles, says Variety.

The trade says the project is not tied to "Gargoyles," the animated TV series that Disney produced in the 1990s, or a comic book that was later produced by series creator Greg Weisman.

Green and Disney executive LouAnne Brickhouse came up with the idea. Lauren Shuler Donner will produce the live-action film.

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited by Paroxysm on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

3Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awww, and here I was hoping to see Keith David in some heavy prosthetic makeup.

4Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:26 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Dang it! The cartoon was so good. Why can't they just use that?

5Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd much rather they focus on getting the entire series out on DVD.

6Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

me too, although the last season was pretty weak, the show as a whole was awesome. keith david is spectacular as goliath's voice be he might be a little too up in age for all the makeup and action scenes. then again i said the same thing when sir ian mckellan was signed as gandalf.

7Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't give a shit about the Goliath Chronicles, but I wish they'd at least put out the second half of the second season.

8Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:03 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

you gotta take it....it's part of the set! tongue

9Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, doesn't that remain to be seen since they haven't even released a set yet? I'd be surprised if they packed in TGC with the end of season 2 since they're two distinct seasons.

10Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can almost guarantee that they wouldn't throw TGC in with the rest of season two if and when the release them. The second half of season 2 is 26 episodes long and TGC is 13 episodes. There is almost no way they'd release a set of 39 episodes. It's almost never done. Plus, like Joshua said they are two separate things. Though, with the fact that the first two dvd sets didn't sell that well if they did decide to release the rest of the series they might just want to do it in one big set to get it done and over with.

I don't hate TGC. While that season wasn't nearly as good as the first two, it had some good episodes. I'd definitely buy it if the released it (partly because I'm a completest and I'd want the whole series).

11Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

This conversation really makes me want to watch the Avalon story arc.

12Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:29 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I'd much rather they focus on getting the entire series out on DVD.

This.

Batman25JM wrote:the first two dvd sets didn't sell that well

See, that pisses me off. All 7 seasons of "That's My Mama" gets released without concern for if sales will be good or not, but we can't get Gargoyles!?

And, hey, Disney, maybe you'd see better sales if you lowered your prices. Just a thought. I know that's what kept me from buying Gargoyles until it was at a discount...
Rolling Eyes

13Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:29 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dude, don't hate on that's my mama, it a classic.

14Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Disney also needs to release the rest of DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, and Tale Spin. Owning incomplete sets of those really annoys me.

15Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:56 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:the first two dvd sets didn't sell that well

See, that pisses me off. All 7 seasons of "That's My Mama" gets released without concern for if sales will be good or not, but we can't get Gargoyles!?

I know, it pisses me off too. Gargoyles is one of the series I most want them to release (more) seasons of. I hate not having half of the series on dvd.

Joshua wrote:Disney also needs to release the rest of DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, and Tale Spin. Owning incomplete sets of those really annoys me.

QFT

16Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:32 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i was so excited until i learned the truth.

urgggg

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

17Disney's Gargoyles Empty Re: Disney's Gargoyles Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:22 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Disney also needs to release the rest of DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, and Tale Spin. Owning incomplete sets of those really annoys me.
Bring Disney Afternoon cartoons in DVD form!!!!! Bring something out that shows you have talent with cartoons!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum