Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! does SDCC 2011

+15
WonderWoman2.0
Debaser77
Spazzy
JonSpangler
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Airwolf
THALASTDRAGON
Hannibal king
Denim
Chi-Town Spidey
Joshua
Lee
Gojiratoho
Silent K
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Let's fucking do this thing. If you have ever wanted to go to San Diego Comic Con, next year is the year to go. Not only will it feature whatever sneak peeks of The Avengers, Spider-Man, and Batman 3 the studios have to offer, but god-willing, PoP! will be there, and as part of The PoP!ulation, you're expected to be there as well.

You know how we do it. Now...let's do it. Start planning now.

2PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh....conflicted. Seriously want to do this, but I've got things a-brewin' for 2011. We'll see.

3PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

PoP! does SDCC 2011 ScannersExplodingHead

http://www.leerodriguez.net

4PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:Oh....conflicted. Seriously want to do this, but I've got things a-brewin' for 2011. We'll see.
Yeah, between yearly trips to Chicago and Florida I don't see San Diego happening.

5PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm only making it out this year guys, but I EXPECT for all of you to have the same amount if not more fun then I'll have this year.

I'm kinda like one of the lone troopers going out into the unknown to let the rest of my team know if it's okay and what they need. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

6PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Should I win the lottery, hellz yeah, but ummm...I just don't see me having the scratch to do this next year.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

7PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh I'll have the cash, but it's cash I've saved up for a trip to Ireland. Depending what I have left after that though, I may be able to swing this.

8PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:Oh I'll have the cash, but it's cash I've saved up for a trip to Ireland. Depending what I have left after that though, I may be able to swing this.

I just had an image of you terroizing a tiny town of leprachauns when I read that.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

9PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

If I had to endorse any year to go it would be the year POP goes to it. 2012 might be the last year for SDCC. Then it might turn into ACC or LACC. Anaheim and Los Angeles are making strong bids for the con to go to their venues in 2013. But as far as i'm concerned San Diego is it.

10PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:03 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

this is good, cuz once this years show was over, i was gonna start plannin a trip for next year. i need to hit this show at some point in my life

11PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

chicago....................................... or sdcc................ i cant do both.... sooo yeah I will have to figure this out once maybe some figures start populating - for room / flight/ spending moolah....... but yeah - that sdcc trip i know for sure will be pricey XD

12PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder how far in advance you are allowed to book rooms to lock in a certain rate. That or someone from the PoP!ulation needs to move out there, get a house big enough (or one with a huge yard) for us to all crash there Laughing

13PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:23 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I can be guaranteed $100* (I can't afford more) for my share of the hotel room the entire time we're out there & back support while sleeping (unless you want to take me to the hospital the morning after our first night), I'm in!!

*If enough people pile into one room, I don't see why this isn't possible...

14PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Checking out a blog from someone who went last year, rooms average about $300 a night. For a 4-night stay, you'd need 12 people in the room to get the $100 price tag.

15PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See? It's possible... Laughing

16PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:Checking out a blog from someone who went last year, rooms average about $300 a night. For a 4-night stay, you'd need 12 people in the room to get the $100 price tag.

...aannddd you'll be fighting for the bed. Laughing I'm rooming with 3 people now at the Holiday Inn by The Bay and for each of us total is $400.00. Times that by 3...$1,200. It's expensive guys, be prepared to break down.

I DO have a friend that lives in SD. SHE just moved there, one of Amy's old school friends. IF we decide to go next year, we'll be staying with her. Smile Later in the year though folks...you can bet the price will go UP. Not to scare ya, but just be prepared and save up!!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

17PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:48 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, unless I'm making twice what I do now, or someone is generous enough to comp me (I do put out, just FYI), there's no way I can ever go, then. Sad

18PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

@Airwolf: when u say chicago, are u referring to C2E2 or WWCCC?

and i've looked at tha room rates several times, and as long as we do it right, we can definitely book rooms that wont break our pockets

19PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sure you can. Buy fixin's to make your lunch for 1 month and then throw what you normally spend on lunch each day in a jar (along with the receipt from your lunch fixin's) See what the difference is, you might be surprised.

20PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^yeah 2k average for a canadian to travel and stay for those days - almost a week

my buddy saved up for 2 years for sdcc..... lets just say its not in my priority list for saving money for......ill see u guys at c2e2 Wink hehe
but yeah if lets hear more room rates x how many ppl going etc - im still interested if its viable

21PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Hey folks. Here's the skinny on the hotels for this year to help sway you for next year. http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci10_hotels.pdf .

Pete is that $1200 for 5 or 4 days?

22PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:Sure you can. Buy fixin's to make your lunch for 1 month and then throw what you normally spend on lunch each day in a jar (along with the receipt from your lunch fixin's) See what the difference is, you might be surprised.

Except, I already make my lunches (& as many of my dinners as I have time/money for - sometimes cooking is more expensive than eating out).

I seriously think that everyone overestimates how much I actually make.

23PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:29 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amanda and I may be able to make it in 2012 0r 2013. Laughing

24PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

TENIME_art wrote:If I can be guaranteed $100* (I can't afford more) for my share of the hotel room the entire time we're out there & back support while sleeping (unless you want to take me to the hospital the morning after our first night), I'm in!!

*If enough people pile into one room, I don't see why this isn't possible...

If anyone can crunch numbers and figure things out its my awesome "puts up with me" wife CPA.

That said, I'll go halfers with you at something like the Bayside in. We are strapped for cash to. We are deciding on Either Disney World or SDCC.

Last edited by JonSpangler on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

25PoP! does SDCC 2011 Empty Re: PoP! does SDCC 2011 Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:14 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My dad's a CPA. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next