Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comics That Make You FOMO!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Comics That Make You FOMO! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What's a comic title/series that makes you "Fear Of Missing Out?"

My two are Locke & Key...
Comics That Make You FOMO! Locke--Key-01_FINAL-1

...and Hack/Slash.
Comics That Make You FOMO! Hack_Slash_by_Bakanekonei

They both have absolute/omnibus editions out. Sucks. Money and reading/doing other things gets in the way. I'll get around to them eventually, but still hate being so behind on something I know I'd like.

2Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Walking Dead. I read the first two volumes and loved it but money and wanting other things kept me away from getting the volumes. It's almost a cliche to say that this is an awesome series and eventually I'll get to it. Aside from the story being really good, I am in love with the art so one day....

3Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:21 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I haven't started reading yet, but I have the compendium. Just waiting for it to inch closer to Halloween. Very Happy

4Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I haven't started reading yet, but I have the compendium. Just waiting for it to inch closer to Halloween. Very Happy

I have gone into the comic shops and just checked out the pages in various volumes and I know I am so behind on this. I think there is over 10 trades right now. It's crazy but I am so in love with the art that at some point in time, I'll start reading it. Maybe I'll find some good deals on Sunday at NYCC.

5Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:14 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't think of anything really essential enough to qualify for this thread.

6Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:09 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ No event book that you feel might be cool and haven't read yet? No indie books? Indie books are the ones that always piss me off. Just like films released in select cities. They can be some of the best of the year and they're hard as hell to find. Finally, when you're able to find a copy: "Bam! That'll be $37 for issue #1, please." Fuck you, Chew. ;P (Totally have the first trade.)

jaydee74 wrote:
I have gone into the comic shops and just checked out the pages in various volumes and I know I am so behind on this. I think there is over 10 trades right now. It's crazy but I am so in love with the art that at some point in time, I'll start reading it. Maybe I'll find some good deals on Sunday at NYCC.
You should at least pick up the first two trades. That way you can enjoy the show, which is only going to be 6 episodes.

7Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:25 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I've already read most of the event books that I wanted to read when I was catching up with what happened in Marvel/DC in the last 10 years.

I actually still have about a dozen in a half trades here that I haven't read. There are some indies that look cool, but I'm not on a critical level of desire. I got the first 3 trades of Grant Morrisons Invisibles, which I intend to read sometime and if I like it, I'll get the other vol's. So far from what i read, I dig it but I don't fear missing it out.

If I ever wanted to read indies or out of print stuff, I'd wait for trades or download it or just not read it.

8Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:16 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

James Robinson's Starman. Heard so many good things but haven't had the time yet to check it out and I know it's not just one trade I've got to look at here - it's quite a few. His current writing worries me but you see so many good comments it must be pretty good. Sooner or later I'll get around to it.

Another one I want to check out is Gotham Central. Unfortunately volume 1 of the trades is out of print.

9Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:You should at least pick up the first two trades. That way you can enjoy the show, which is only going to be 6 episodes.

Done and done. I will be getting them. I also want to get more Scott Pilgrim. I have only volume 1 and loved it enough that I need the rest.

10Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Very fun title. I'm not a super-fan, but I would recommend to those who enjoy humor and don't care much for superhero stuff. Or anyone born in the 80s to now. tongue

Aussiemandias wrote:James Robinson's Starman. Heard so many good things but haven't had the time yet to check it out and I know it's not just one trade I've got to look at here - it's quite a few. His current writing worries me but you see so many good comments it must be pretty good. Sooner or later I'll get around to it.

Another one I want to check out is Gotham Central. Unfortunately volume 1 of the trades is out of print.
Don't be decieved by Robinson's weak writings in JLA and stuff. Not sure what's wrong with him. Maybe he's getting restrictions, being that it is such a big title? Anyways, Robinson's Starman is one of the best DC mainstream titles the publisher has to offer. Every bit of it is so good.

Ooo, yes, Gotham Central. Listen, having read both Starman and Gotham Central, I'd say I was missing out majorly if I'd never read them. Get on those. GC is 4 trades. Starman Omnibuses are incredibly difficult to find, so just go for the cheaper trades. Think there's 10. Try to find the Shade (1997) 4 issue mini, too. All the characters in Starman are just so great.

11Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Starman is another title I've heard great things about but never picked up. Another one I have always heard mixed things about but never really bothered to check out but in the back of my head sort of wanted to is Love and Rockets. Can anyone tell me if it's worth checking out. I've also never checked out Bone, The Goon or Usagi Yojimbo.

12Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Love and Rockets and The Goon are on my FOMO list too.

13Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Love and Rockets and The Goon are on my FOMO list too.
I just haven't been able to find volume #1 of The Goon and I want to read it in order. I've seen volume 2 and up.

14Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:48 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deus Ex I fear I'm missing out on. Kind of forgot about that title.

15Comics That Make You FOMO! Empty Re: Comics That Make You FOMO! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Zenith.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum