Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Man with the Iron Fist

+5
supervenom
Debaser77
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Big Poppa Nick
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Man with the Iron Fist Empty The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:03 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/16/russell-crowe-to-be-baddest-man-alive-in-rza-movie/

I'm a huge kung fu flick fan. RZA grew up on them, and with Eli Roth on board I think this one will be good.

2The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:11 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was going to post this and say how angry I was by the deceiving title. shake my head

3The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

The idea of Iron Fist techniques predate Danny Rand by, oh, a few hundred years.

Supposedly Iron Fist is the next Marvel property to get adapted, but that's been rumored for years.

I'm just hoping for a good kung fu movie out of this.

4The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:30 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Right. That's what tekken means. But still. Urg...

5The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:58 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When I was younger, I used to live off of kung fu/ninja/martial arts type movies. Having said that, Russell Crowe? He's someone that usually makes me stay away from a movie. Not a fan.

6The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

^ ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED, JAYDEE? Laughing

7The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:24 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*throws a phone at Russell Crowe*

8The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:^ ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED, JAYDEE? Laughing
Entertained by what? Entertained by the fact that Russell Crowe is going to do Kung Fu in a movie? Not very. Entertained by the hopes that this movie will further screw up his reputation as an actor? Kind of. Entertained by you? Always. Wink

9The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heath Ledger will forever serve as a reminder that we should hold off on our judgments until we actually see what's up.

Russell Crowe is an Oscar winning actor. Do you think he might be capable of making a good kung-fu flick?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

10The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope Axel Braun is on this shit. THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTER; make it happen, Ax.

11The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Crowe has given a lot of one-note performances as of late, but check him out in L.A. Confidential and The Insider to see him at the top of his game. As for whether or not he can pull off a kung fu movie, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

12The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:Heath Ledger will forever serve as a reminder that we should hold off on our judgments until we actually see what's up.

Russell Crowe is an Oscar winning actor. Do you think he might be capable of making a good kung-fu flick?

Honestly? No, but I will be fair and honest when I say I didn't think Keanu Reeves could pull of a role like that either and he did an amazing job in the Matrix movies so maybe I can just wait and see. I don't have high hopes though.

13The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I mean, didn't he win his Oscar for portraying someone who fights?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

14The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:I mean, didn't he win his Oscar for portraying someone who fights?

Yes but to be fair that was like 10 years ago. I just don't see Russell Crowe doing Kung Fu but I guess in Hollywood, you can make anyone look good doing just about anything. I guess. Rolling Eyes

15The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The title of this movie upsets me. I was so hoping for a Marvel Iron Fist movie. I don't care if the iron fist technique didn't originate with Danny, it's still the first thing I think of when I see Iron Fist.

16The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:22 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Russell Crowe strikes me as someone who doesn't half-ass any role he decides to take and he's a great actor so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

17The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The title of this movie upsets me. I was so hoping for a Marvel Iron Fist movie. I don't care if the iron fist technique didn't originate with Danny, it's still the first thing I think of when I see Iron Fist.

As a comic fan, of course your going to think Danny Rand but for people who like kung fu flicks and whatnot, they aren't thinking of that.

DickGrayson007 wrote:Russell Crowe strikes me as someone who doesn't half-ass any role he decides to take and he's a great actor so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
I suppose so. In some ways, I've heard he takes his roles just a little too seriously. I just don't like him as an actor.

18The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:The title of this movie upsets me. I was so hoping for a Marvel Iron Fist movie. I don't care if the iron fist technique didn't originate with Danny, it's still the first thing I think of when I see Iron Fist.

As a comic fan, of course your going to think Danny Rand but for people who like kung fu flicks and whatnot, they aren't thinking of that.

True. I just think that they could have come up with a different name.

19The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Um, as far as I know, Marvel didn't come up with the Iron Fist. I happen to like the name of the movie. As someone who likes martial arts movie, it's got a cool name. It would have been nice if it had been the name of a Marvel movie but for me the fact that it's starring Russell Crowe is a bigger deal breaker for me.

20The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
You weren't won of those self-righteous fucks who wanted The Two Towers movie to change their name because they thought it was offensive to people killed in the World Trade Center attack, were you? Laughing

21The Man with the Iron Fist Empty Re: The Man with the Iron Fist Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
You weren't won of those self-righteous fucks who wanted The Two Towers movie to change their name because they thought it was offensive to people killed in the World Trade Center attack, were you? Laughing

No, I was not. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum