Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

How bout them Redlegs!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How bout them Redlegs! Empty How bout them Redlegs! Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:53 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't been around as much as I have been in the past, else I may have posted this before now, but better late than never, right? The Reds are having a hell of a year, and last night, clinched the NL central, owing to a Jay Bruce walk off Homer in the bottom of the 9th. It was awesome. First time the Reds have won the league in 15 years. I'm actually a giant baseball fan, I grew up playing it, and it's my favorite sport, though through the general slowing of the game, and more and more players refusing to hustle, football has become my fave to watch in the last few years. Anyways, LETS GO REDS!

2How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Great team this year. Have not followed baseball much in many years but still read the paper and see whos doing what. I follow the Cubs and Atlanta Braves and neither has done much in a long time. I grew up watching WGN Cubs games and the Braves on TBS. I used to go to Braves and Cubs games at Wrigley every year when I was younger.

Anyway I hope anyone but the Yanks or Boston wins every year.

3How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Go to hell.

And who the hell are these "Reds" you speak of anyways? Is this some sort of "National League" thing?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

4How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, you know, they created baseball. Literally invented it.

5How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:40 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Yeah, you know, they created baseball. Literally invented it.

are you saying the Reds created baseball?

6How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:37 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes sir. Invented it. Like it didn't exsist before, then the Reds were like, lets make a new game, and after three and a half hours, baseball was born.

7How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:yes sir. Invented it. Like it didn't exsist before, then the Reds were like, lets make a new game, and after three and a half hours, baseball was born.

Wow talk about revisionist history. Dude..the Reds did NOT invent baseball. Some say it was Abner Doubleday in Cooperstown. Others say it dates as far back as the 1700's in England. I never read anything about it being invented in Cincinnati.

All that aside...Great season for the Reds. Smile

8How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, Cincinnati has to have something...

9How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:yes sir. Invented it. Like it didn't exsist before, then the Reds were like, lets make a new game, and after three and a half hours, baseball was born.

Wow talk about revisionist history. Dude..the Reds did NOT invent baseball. Some say it was Abner Doubleday in Cooperstown. Others say it dates as far back as the 1700's in England. I never read anything about it being invented in Cincinnati.

I was kidding.

I was taking the whole first pro team and expanding it to inventing baseball.

And Cincinnati has watery chili on spaghetti. We don't need anything else.

10How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
Rath99 wrote:

I was kidding.

I was taking the whole first pro team and expanding it to inventing baseball.

And Cincinnati has watery chili on spaghetti. We don't need anything else.

Damn I have to get my ass over there for that Wink

11How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's good as hell lol

12How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Go to hell.

And who the hell are these "Reds" you speak of anyways? Is this some sort of "National League" thing?

lol I loved seeing Boston win the first time but they quickly became the leagues second Yankees. High payroll and a bought dont sit well with fans outside of NY and Boston (one of the biggest problems baseball has with no salary cap). Once the Cubs win the World Series (has to happen soon with all the money they spend) then they will join Boston and the Yanks to make the three headed baseball monster.

13How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:05 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^Money doesn't mean shit. Look at the Mets. Mets have one of the highest payrolls in the league and the suck. It all comes down to winning. The only people who like dynasties and perpetual winners are the people who root for them. Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Lakers, Celtics.

Plenty of good teams in MLB without huge payrolls.

14How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Two hours until Texas plays Tampa Bay for a possible sweep. I've never been more excited about a single sporting event.

15How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How 'bout them Reds?

16How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They looked terrible, all series. Really embarassing. Thanks Reds, Cincy doesn't get enough embarassment from their sports teams. I'm going to start only rooting for the Cincinnati Royals.

LETS GO ROYALS!

17How bout them Redlegs! Empty Re: How bout them Redlegs! Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rangers take the Rays in 5 games. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a baseball game as much as last night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum