Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Earth-like planet found, habitable for life!

+11
SexyToaster
TENIME_art
Matt
Spazzy
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
BlueMaxx
vikoros
jestghost
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_sc/us_sci_new_earths

New Earth-like planet found, habitable for life! Article-0-0B675EFC000005DC-221_634x452

Awesome. Smile

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to add cool pic and video :))

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I read about this a few days ago. Awesome news.

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

So does that mean if 2012 really happens, we move there now?

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Yeah, I read about this a few days ago. Awesome news.

Yeah I was surprised there was no thread for it. Many scientists are saying it's very likely to have liquid water, which makes it very likely to have life! Whether that's microbial or more... Wink

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jestghost wrote:So does that mean if 2012 really happens, we move there now?

The government better have a plan. lol

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This could be huge...

Steven Vogt, a professor of astronomy and astrophysics at the University of California:

"Personally, given the ubiquity and propensity of life to flourish wherever it can, I would say, my own personal feeling is that the chances of life on this planet are 100 percent, I have almost no doubt about it."

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/earth-like-exoplanet-possibly-habitable-100929.html

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/30/100-percent-chance-for-life-on-newly-found-planet/?hpt=C2

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

The way they describe the planet, it sounds EXACTLY like the planet the Twi-Leks hail from in Star Wars... Ryloth.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Earth-like planet found, habitable for life! Oh_my_GOD_A_Sexy_TWiLek_by_RNZZZ
Don't condone slavery, but I want one. A blue one. Or a mixed red and black one. neutral

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate to disappoint everyone but there only used to be life on that planet. Why do you think we left and secretly populated your world?

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I hate to disappoint everyone but there only used to be life on that planet. Why do you think we left and secretly populated your world?

Laughing

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They said that about Mars and were horribly disappointed back in the day. Course, wasn't their fossilized bacteria found on Mars. Can't find an article, but remember reading something about it a long time ago.

I hope there's at least bugs on that planet. That'd rock!

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

sweeeeeeeet

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:They said that about Mars and were horribly disappointed back in the day. Course, wasn't their fossilized bacteria found on Mars. Can't find an article, but remember reading something about it a long time ago.

I hope there's at least bugs on that planet. That'd rock!

The data was inconclusive. Most now think that they jumped the gun in reporting that it was fossilized bacteria when it could just have been the rock structure, or it was just infested with Earth bacteria from when the meteorite land on Earth long ago

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Downer.

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm moving there right now & closing off the atmosphere. Intruders will be vaporized.

Start making bids for entry permission. I'll be accepting sexual favors & merchandise.

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thats really interesting and cool.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope they find Jedi there. That'd be sooooo cool. Laughing

I want a lightsaber. hmm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sex and merch. Typical nerd. Wink

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:I'm moving there right now & closing off the atmosphere. Intruders will be vaporized.

Start making bids for entry permission. I'll be accepting sexual favors & merchandise.

Oh man that's going to be so funny when you try that!! lol! I can't wait to see your face as you discover that somebody has made the planet uninhabitable. I hope one of your skills is terraforming!

Spoiler:

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:I'm moving there right now & closing off the atmosphere. Intruders will be vaporized.

The code to get in is 1 2 3 4 5.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I hope there's at least bugs on that planet. That'd rock!
It's afraid!
New Earth-like planet found, habitable for life! Itsafraid

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Gojiratoho wrote:

The code to get in is 1 2 3 4 5.
surprised

i have the same combination for my luggage!

And also, i think we should name the planet Mer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum