Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

National Novel Writing Month 2010

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty National Novel Writing Month 2010 Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:02 am

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

What is NaNoWriMo? Check it out!

I need some support to make it through my novel this year. I had a couple of buddies last year who never even started a novel. I need someone who will actually write something, please. Smile

My screen name on NaNo is...flux336. tongue It's handy and I remember it easily. Sue me. Laughing

Step up friends and join me in novel domination!

2National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:01 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This sounds intresting, I have a few ideas, but will need something not so cool for this. I used to belong to a writing group and we would do 2,500 words a week, but this is gonna be a whole heck of a lot more.

Do you have an general idea or outline of what you are going to do for this already?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

3National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:18 am

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

I don't have anything yet. I'm trying to come up with a general idea that I can let run wild, you know? 50,000 words is a lot to come up with. Last year, when I had a definite idea, it fizzled out pretty quick.

4National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:00 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Is it cheating to adapt a screenplay duology I've already written?

This could be good for me. I find it terribly difficult to focus on one thing at a time when it comes to writing. I'm 70 pages into one novel... and I would really like to finish it, but I like the spirit of this event and feel the need to start from page one.

Consider me in it to win it. Maybe I'll challenge my wife to do the same.

5National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:00 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I'm going to really try and get into NaNoWriMo this year, mainly because I've got one started that I think has potential and this would give me a reason to keep at it. Who knows, maybe I'll make Thacher do it with me. Smile

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

6National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:25 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

vikoros wrote:Is it cheating to adapt a screenplay duology I've already written?

This could be good for me. I find it terribly difficult to focus on one thing at a time when it comes to writing. I'm 70 pages into one novel... and I would really like to finish it, but I like the spirit of this event and feel the need to start from page one.

Consider me in it to win it. Maybe I'll challenge my wife to do the same.

Well, they let people adapt their NaNo novels for ScriptFrenzy, so why not the reverse?

Glad you're joining in!

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I think I'm going to really try and get into NaNoWriMo this year, mainly because I've got one started that I think has potential and this would give me a reason to keep at it. Who knows, maybe I'll make Thacher do it with me. Smile

Awesomesauce.

7National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alrighty, I just signed up for the site, sheesh, Denim was taken, I chose PopDenim

8National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

^Cool beans

9National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:38 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

I do not have any ideas percolating in my brain yet. Anyone else have this problem?

10National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:30 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I'm in under the clever guise of Vikoros.

11National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:33 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not planning on signing up, really. I just wanna work on my book, get a bulk of these ideas out of my head. It needs worked on, and it wouldn't be fair to me to not write it. It's gonna be a pain though, seeing as how this all tends to fall during my last few weeks of school. NaNoWriMo ends like...right before my finals start. So I'm going to need someone to really kick my ass and make me keep up with it....that person being me, of course. Wink

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

12National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok, I officially suck. I just started working again a little over a month ago and thought for sure that I would be able to do this. I prepared ahead of time with an idea, put it into an outline and got all ready to get going.

My friggin work schedule is killing me though, I work overnights and pretty much never se the sun anymore, and with the other duties I need to get done such as cleaning as well shopping and the other chores I have to do, I have exactly 2 paragraphs done. A total of 589 words. I am gonna just toss in the towel on this and hopefully next year I will either be more adjusted to my schedule or have a different one that makes me available to do this.

I wish those that are doing this luck and admire your determination to get it done.

13National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I think you should keep pushing. So what if you don't make it all the way there. If you wait until next year, something else will almost certainly come up. I'm barely staying on schedule right now... and the only reason I'm able to do that is I over-produced in my first week. My wife has been playing the catch up game since just after day 1, but I'm super-proud of her for being as far as she is.

Yeah, it'd be cool to get a copy of your own book at the end of the month and to be declared a winner, but this is so much more than that to me. It's pure motivation and focus. I've been forced NOT to work on other writing projects in an effort to give all my attention to this one... and I'm already further along in this novel than in any novel I've ever attempted in the past (previous largest was about 15K words).

Don't give up just yet. Write two more paragraphs today and you've doubled your production... then just double that tomorrow. Give yourself a personal goal... or make it a short story. I want to read your stuff once you type that final period.

14National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 am

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

Well, I've got 3,711 words. I want to keep going, it has been an uphill battle. I'm not giving up though.

15National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:25 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I have officially won nanowrimo! Just logged my words into the validator this morning. Grand total of 50469. It's definitely a rough first draft, but I'm still proud of it.

Already have a lot to go back and add, but I'll probably let it simmer for at least a month before I do any editing.

16National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:I have officially won nanowrimo! Just logged my words into the validator this morning. Grand total of 50469. It's definitely a rough first draft, but I'm still proud of it.

Already have a lot to go back and add, but I'll probably let it simmer for at least a month before I do any editing.
That's fantastic news.

17National Novel Writing Month 2010 Empty Re: National Novel Writing Month 2010 Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:I have officially won nanowrimo! Just logged my words into the validator this morning. Grand total of 50469. It's definitely a rough first draft, but I'm still proud of it.

GRATZ!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum