Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PC tech help....

+3
Big Poppa Nick
Joshua
Denim
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PC tech help.... Empty PC tech help.... Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Turning to the population and hoping I can get some help here. This will be about video cards on a pc.

As most of you know I am a WoW player and they recently made some updates that have now kind of made my expiernce not so pleasureable when it comes to performance.

Here is my issue:

Before the new patch I was running anywhere between 12-16 fps (Frames Per Second), yes I know that is not great, but it was playable. Ever since the new patch I am running 5-10 fps and now having a horrible time playing. I know enough that it is related to my video card which is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430.

I was told I could just buy a new video card that is higher but if I do so I will also need to replace my Power Supply Unit because it will not support a higher card. I am not a person that can easily open up a computer and start taking things in and out and would perfer to just buy a new pc (thank you for credit cards)

My question is, what should I look for, I know the key thing is a good video card, but I get extremly confused as to how to read them. I know that the higher the number the better the card (at least that is what I am assuming) but then I see some that are a lower number and with a letter on them and they are on more expensive machines, so I really do not understand all of the tech jargon.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Even better help would be if you can link me specific machines that would help me out. I am in the market for looking for a machine that meets either the recommened requirements for the game or higher so I don't have this same problem a year from now.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Hopefully some of you can help me out with this. I have posted pretty much the same thing on the WoW forums but so far the only response I have gotton was from a dumbass that only read half of what I wrote and was telling me that before I replace my video card I should find out what the specs of my system are.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

2PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How much RAM are you running, and how much RAM is recommended for WoW?

3PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I am reading this right the recommened RAM for WoW is 2gb for vista users with a min. of 512

I don't know how much RAM I am running (I really don't know much about tech)but if this helps my pc's label says I have 3072MB of system memory

4PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Denim wrote:Turning to the population and hoping I can get some help here. This will be about video cards on a pc.

As most of you know I am a WoW player and they recently made some updates that have now kind of made my expiernce not so pleasureable when it comes to performance.

Here is my issue:

Before the new patch I was running anywhere between 12-16 fps (Frames Per Second), yes I know that is not great, but it was playable. Ever since the new patch I am running 5-10 fps and now having a horrible time playing. I know enough that it is related to my video card which is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430.

I was told I could just buy a new video card that is higher but if I do so I will also need to replace my Power Supply Unit because it will not support a higher card. I am not a person that can easily open up a computer and start taking things in and out and would perfer to just buy a new pc (thank you for credit cards)

My question is, what should I look for, I know the key thing is a good video card, but I get extremly confused as to how to read them. I know that the higher the number the better the card (at least that is what I am assuming) but then I see some that are a lower number and with a letter on them and they are on more expensive machines, so I really do not understand all of the tech jargon.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Even better help would be if you can link me specific machines that would help me out. I am in the market for looking for a machine that meets either the recommened requirements for the game or higher so I don't have this same problem a year from now.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Hopefully some of you can help me out with this. I have posted pretty much the same thing on the WoW forums but so far the only response I have gotton was from a dumbass that only read half of what I wrote and was telling me that before I replace my video card I should find out what the specs of my system are.

Without knowing the specs of your power supply, I really can't suggest a video card.

If you are buying a new pc, look for a DDR3 or DDR5 Video card. For Nvidia, it's not necessarily the higher the number the better the card.

Knowing what the budget may be for a new PC for you may help in giving you some suggestions too.

5PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

500w min for new powersupply upgrade for a 5770 radeon....is what i have running at the moment and my buddy at 650w - we both have no problems running the videocards

well here is what we might need as info:

how old is the pc? what brand? or product number?
motherboard?
processor?
ram?

once we know the motherboard we can see what is allowed to be attached to it. (like pci slots)

is it a tower or an off the shelf computer? (i find that they dont have great breathing room) just saying.

take pics of ur comp and even unscrew and open the one side (motherboard is not connected to)

ie:

before
PC tech help.... IMG_0313_1320x990

after
PC tech help.... IMG_2862_2448x3264

6PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thread title change: "So, there's this PC..."

7PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9x097QRXeA

8PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alrighty, I have no desire to upgrade my current pc. My budget is anywere between 600 to 1000. Perferably closer to the 600, but what the hell, it's credit, I am willing to go up to 1000.

Thanks for the responses so far.

9PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:05 pm

C's Lady

C's Lady
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Wow. We just got Mr. C a new computer. He needed a MAJOR upgrade to be able to play FF XIV. All together cost us about 600. www.ibuypower.com

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/crystal.vansickle?ref

10PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I love www.ibuypower.com They make great PCs and they're really easy to upgrade down the road. I bought my current one from them about 3 years ago... I've made a few upgrades (video card, hard drives, etc) and it's still humming. Plus they have nice case mods for cheap. Cause we all know, half of a computer's performance is how cool it looks.

11PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:10 pm

C's Lady

C's Lady
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I didn't let Mr. C go TOO fancy, but it still has a cool blue light! LOL

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/crystal.vansickle?ref

12PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just an update sinceno one asked. I ended up ordering a pc from ibuypower.com. Just need them to send me the darn thing.

This is what I got with some time researching. Sjhould last me awhile and be able to play anything.

Case NZXT Lexa-S Gaming Case - Black w/ Blue Light
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion None
Processor [= Quad Core =] AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Quad-Core C
Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - ** FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5750 - 1GB - Single Card
Free USB 2.0 Hub Cable (3 x Ports & 1 x USB Mini Port)
Motherboard ASUS M4A77T/USB3 -- AMD 770 Chipset
Motherboard USB / SATA Interface Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface
Power Supply 650 Watt -- Casegears ECO-Element / 80+
Primary Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

I am going to have to call them today since the last notice I recieved from them was back on the 26th and it said it was ready to be shipped.

13PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:50 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Looks like a pretty sweet system. Hope you hear back from them soon on it.

14PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

they put it together too right? allu have to do is unbox?.........BOOOO where is the fun in that!!! lol jk

specs looks decent - low mid - but ur psu is prettygood - im gonna upgrade that soon enough with the ram ... i want 8gb or 16gb dammit! lol

all that cost round what under or around 1000? no monitors?

15PC tech help.... Empty Re: PC tech help.... Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They put it together for me. Without shipping it came out to just under 800.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum