Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dc comics august solicitations....

+2
BlueMaxx
shining knight
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Dc comics august solicitations.... Mon May 18, 2009 10:28 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The early ones are out now and I must say nothing much really grabs me at the moment aside from one thing

august

DOOM PATROL #1
Written by Keith Giffen; co-feature written by Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis
Art by Matthew Clark; co-feature art by Kevin Maguire
Cover by Matthew Clark
Variant cover by Matthew Clark and Kevin Maguire
Come one, come all! The world's strangest Super Heroes are back, and they brought those robot guys along with 'em! Thrill to the strange adventures of the Doom Patrol, with script by Keith Giffen and art by Matthew Clark! Whether you think you know 'em or you wouldn't know 'em if they bit you on the behind, this Doom Patrol's for you! But that's not all! Read all the way to the back cover for the all-new adventures of those elemental everymen, the Metal Men, featuring the triumphant return of the creative team that brought you JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL! That’s 40 full pages of comic-bookery for just under four American dollars. So why not try some Doom Patrol with a side order of Metal Men today?
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Matthew Clark), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Matthew Clark and Kevin Maguire). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale August 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Dc comics august solicitations.... Doom_patrol_cv1-02

2Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Re: Dc comics august solicitations.... Mon May 18, 2009 8:36 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hm. What is with DC and The End craze they're goin' through? It's like when Marvel went throught theres, except they may actually die or something. :P

Animal Man, Solomon Grundy, and indirectly Secret Six. Heh.

3Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Re: Dc comics august solicitations.... Tue May 19, 2009 1:31 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

mt thoughts on some things

blackest night batman:
Spoiler:

blackest night titans: that cover ewwwww....

batgirl: better not be babs....

I've already said how awesome adventure comics is gonna be first non uk supes comic I'll pick up in years not counting final crisis stuff....

animal man
Buddy Baker can’t bear to live with the regret that comes of his infidelity with Starfire...

No no no no I calll bullshit on this!!!!

PETER & MAX: A FABLES NOVEL HC: oh hells yeah been waiting for this for a while this is gonna be good...

FABLES #87:
Spoiler:
another one i've been waiting for!

4Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Re: Dc comics august solicitations.... Tue May 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Animal Man: WTF?! Way to ruin a good character, DC.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

5Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Re: Dc comics august solicitations.... Tue May 19, 2009 2:28 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know right

They made hints that this could be the way things would turn out in that countdown to adventure mini a few years back but man I just do not want this.

Just one fictional couple to be happy dc is that too much to ask?!?

6Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty To Be Mine: Tue May 19, 2009 4:40 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Definitely:
BLACKEST NIGHT #2
GREEN LANTERN #45
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #39
BATMAN: WIDENING GYRE #1
BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #3
BOOSTER GOLD #23
THE FLASH: REBIRTH #5
JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRY FOR JUSTICE #2
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #30
JSA VS. KOBRA: ENGINES OF FAITH #3
THE MIGHTY #7
POWER GIRL #4
SECRET SIX #12
WONDER WOMAN #35
ASTRO CITY: THE DARK AGE BOOK 3 #4
FREDDY VS. JASON VS. ASH: THE NIGHTMARE WARRIORS #3

Maybe:
BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #1
BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #1
BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #1
WEDNESDAY COMICS #5-8
DOOM PATROL #1

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

7Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Re: Dc comics august solicitations.... Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I cannot see how Blackest Night is not going to do some big stuff for DC this summer.

8Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Re: Dc comics august solicitations.... Wed May 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

While it looks interesting, I think all the non-GL Blackest Knight tie-ins seem over-stretching the premise. I'm afraid it'll ruin the quality like any huge amount of tie-ins hurt a good event. Oh-well, they never learn their lessons...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

9Dc comics august solicitations.... Empty Re: Dc comics august solicitations.... Wed May 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DC owns me.

BLACKEST NIGHT #2
BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #1
GREEN LANTERN #45
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #39
WEDNESDAY COMICS #5-8
BATMAN AND ROBIN #3
DETECTIVE COMICS #856