Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just Announced!

+4
BlueMaxx
Captain Painway
Rath99
goatt
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just Announced! Empty Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:30 pm

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

Following closely on the heels of Spiderman, Micheal Bay has announced he's bringing Transformers to Broadway. Transformers 3 The Musical: Turn Off the Dark of the Moon, will make it's debut next month with an original musical score feat. a collaboration between rock mega-stars U2 and Linkin Park. Set designs will be handled by Joel Schumacher.

Mass nerd-suicides are being scheduled for early next week.

2Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can hear Lee's head exploding lol

3Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh god, I thought you were being serious for a second! Laughing

I admit, I really love theatre and musicals. But this bullshit started with Disney throwing whatever crap it wanted up on a Broadway stage (like Tarzan), and then they started adapting movies as musicals. (The Wedding Singer, High Fidelity... blech.) I hope this doesn't continue, or else.
murderous

http://likeitderby.com

4Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The have an ELF musical and it is getting very bad reviews. I normally don't listen to reviews but for Broadway shows I make an exception. You are forking over a lot of $$ to see these shows so I look for some feedback before going.

5Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

6Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:12 pm

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

c'mon Mary, you should know better than to ever take anything I post seriously. Laughing

7Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Spider-Man Musical may go down in history as the biggest money pit ever.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

8Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Wakka wakka wakka!

:P

http://www.leerodriguez.net

9Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:36 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:Oh god, I thought you were being serious for a second! Laughing

I admit, I really love theatre and musicals. But this bullshit started with Disney throwing whatever crap it wanted up on a Broadway stage (like Tarzan), and then they started adapting movies as musicals. (The Wedding Singer, High Fidelity... blech.) I hope this doesn't continue, or else.
murderous

yay i'm the not the only person that hates when they make movies into musicals.

10Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
Captain Painway wrote:Oh god, I thought you were being serious for a second! Laughing

murderous

It just normally doesn't work too well. Legally Blonde and Xanadu worked because they were totally tongue-in-cheek and had great music, but 99 out of 100 times the musical is not nearly as good as the movie.

The same can be said the other way around, too. I've seen Phantom of the Opera, Rent, and Chicago as musicals and movies, and although people seem to like the movies if they haven't seen the musical, I think the movies aren't nearly as good as the live shows (especially Phantom).

And I refuse to see Nine. The musical is great, but the movie looks like shit.

http://likeitderby.com

11Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:10 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hahahaha!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

12Just Announced! Empty Re: Just Announced! Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

murderous

It just normally doesn't work too well. Legally Blonde and Xanadu worked because they were totally tongue-in-cheek and had great music, but 99 out of 100 times the musical is not nearly as good as the movie.

The same can be said the other way around, too. I've seen Phantom of the Opera, Rent, and Chicago as musicals and movies, and although people seem to like the movies if they haven't seen the musical, I think the movies aren't nearly as good as the live shows (especially Phantom).

And I refuse to see Nine. The musical is great, but the movie looks like shit.

it doesn't work and yet they keep doing it.

I've seen rent the movie. I liked it course then again i never saw the stage show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum