Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011!

+7
Rath99
prescribeddrone
Sandman
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
Spazzy
Bigtymin504
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Red_lantern_icon

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/01/03/dcu-in-2011-peter-milligan-announces-red-lanterns/

Over his six years on the book, Geoff Johns has brought so many cool new elements to the Green Lantern mythos, one of my (and I’m sure many other fans’ favorites) being the other colors of Lantern Corps — from the Sinestro Corps War, to Rage of the Red Lanterns, Blackest Night and Brightest Day and everything in between, the introduction of the new Corps in the Green Lantern books have made for one heck of an epic story.

That said, we’re excited to announce that one of those Corps is getting their own book: RED LANTERNS, launching as an ongoing comic book series written by Peter Milligan in 2011.

Here’s Peter Milligan’s impetus for the new series:

“Everybody who has read Green Lantern and its associated books for any time
probably knows why Atrocitus is angry. His entire race was almost wiped out
by marauding Manhunters.

“But after Geoff Johns asked if I was interested in writing The Red Lantern
Corps I started thinking about Atrocitus and his anger. Because it’s not
just anger. It is RAGE. A crimson red rage that still consumes him after all
this time. And when you think about it, the Manhunter massacre happened an
awful long time ago. Eons ago. Okay, you’d never get over something like
that. But Atrocitus’ rageŠit hasn’t weakened. It is just as immense and
awesome as it was all those centuries ago. I wanted to know why. I wanted
to know how.

“In the first storyline of THE RED LANTERN CORPS we look for an answer to
these questions. And the answer lies in part on the far side of the prison
planet Ysmault. It is here where we’ll see why and how the rage of Atrocitus
is just as all-consuming as it ever was. We’ll also begin to learn what goes
on in the boiling brains of his napalm-blooded corps. Can the proud Bleeze
remain a loyal servant? How does the angry cat DEXTAR try to feed its
beloved master? And what horrors lie at the bed of the ocean of blood?”

-Peter Milligan

2'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

so fucking EXCITED

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

3'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting. Not the Color Corps that I thought was going to get their own on-going but could be interesting. I was hoping for a Blue Lantern Corps title to be honest.

4'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dig it

5'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Interesting. Not the Color Corps that I thought was going to get their own on-going but could be interesting. I was hoping for a Blue Lantern Corps title to be honest.

I think the Blue Lanterns need some more development to be honest. As of right now I'd probably say they're the least interesting Corps (other than the Star Sapphires, who I find lame)...which is weird cuz I think their religious aspects have a lot potential.

6'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

sweet!

7'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Interesting. Not the Color Corps that I thought was going to get their own on-going but could be interesting. I was hoping for a Blue Lantern Corps title to be honest.

I think the Blue Lanterns need some more development to be honest. As of right now I'd probably say they're the least interesting Corps (other than the Star Sapphires, who I find lame)...which is weird cuz I think their religious aspects have a lot potential.
I was hoping to see a series that would see the introduction of a whole bunch of Blue Lanterns because as of now, I think there are only two, right? I do want to see more Blue Lanterns being explored.

8'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:15 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll most likely get the first issue and then the trades? Or maybe I'll get the single issues since DC sucks with putting out trades quick. I'll see, might drop Secret Six or something.

9'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm so going to get this. Red Lanterns are awesome and as much as I was hoping for a Blue Lantern series, this is going to be awesome.

10'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I was hoping to see a series that would see the introduction of a whole bunch of Blue Lanterns because as of now, I think there are only two, right? I do want to see more Blue Lanterns being explored.

There's actually a couple more then two:
'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! 810521-blue_lanterns_large

I think it was said that they have a long slow process to choose the next Blue Lantern so hence the low numbers. But yeah, maybe a miniseries or something would help to explore their mythos.

11'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok. So I said two and there's actually four. My bad. Wink

That's kind of what I wanted to see in a Blue Lantern series though. The process of choosing the next Blue Lantern. It had potential.

12'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sweet! My favorite corp gets its own series.

13'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DITTO

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

14'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Ok. So I said two and there's actually four. My bad. Wink

That's kind of what I wanted to see in a Blue Lantern series though. The process of choosing the next Blue Lantern. It had potential.

You asked so was just letting ya know buddy lol. Yeah that process would be interesting to follow.

15'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:55 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

prescribeddrone wrote:I'll most likely get the first issue and then the trades? Or maybe I'll get the single issues since DC sucks with putting out trades quick. I'll see, might drop Secret Six or something.
shake my head thumbs down

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

16'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait. I've been hoping there'd be a Red Lantern series eventually.

17'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I think the Blue Lanterns need some more development to be honest. As of right now I'd probably say they're the least interesting Corps... which is weird cuz I think their religious aspects have a lot potential.

Gotta agree. I'd like to see more of them and their development, but it doesn't bother me the Red Lanterns got a book first

18'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:54 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:I'll most likely get the first issue and then the trades? Or maybe I'll get the single issues since DC sucks with putting out trades quick. I'll see, might drop Secret Six or something.
shake my head thumbs down

It's a good book, don't get me wrong but it's really nothing that hypes me up when it comes out. Maybe because I hated the last Dinosaur arc/wasn't into it but the last couple of issue mostly sat around on the bottom of my stack.

19'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think I've ever really read anything by Peter Milligan, but I love Atrocitus so I'll definitely check this out.

20'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:43 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked surprised

I can't wait for this book. It's gonna be the feelgood comic of 2011!!!!

21'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:32 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll see if issue 1 hooks me. Not saying it'll suck, I know it'll be good I'm just trying not to build my pull list up too high again. I might just pick it up monthly and not subscribe.

22'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Empty Re: 'Red Lanterns' ongoing in 2011! Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:18 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I don't think I've ever really read anything by Peter Milligan, but I love Atrocitus so I'll definitely check this out.
I'm right there with you on this. The more I think about it, the more I am excited to see what this book is going to be like. I'm pretty jazzed about this.

Aussiemandias wrote:I can't wait for this book. It's gonna be the feelgood comic of 2011!!!!
Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum