Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most frustrating games!!!

+22
kidspider2099
supervenom
UltimateUltimacy
Spaced4SimonPegg
jfx316
Gandicles
Navalia
Ric Magnum
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Lee
Joshua
LordD3r3k
BlueMaxx
The Ignored One
Combo Mo
shining knight
Big PUN
Esbat
Metal Misfit
Silent K
superdoug
Dr. Jonathan Crane
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:
Dude, I bought that JUST for Symphony of the Night (CLASSIC!), but I've been playing Rondo of Blood more than anything and it is infuriating! I've become so complacent with infinite lives in all modern games that this "Back to start" shit is KILLING me. I'm stuck on the fucker in level five with the lance that throws his head at you.
Ah, you're fighting Death. Other than Dracula himself, Death is always a recurring boss that is always the second most difficult in the game (IMO).

D E A T H
---------
Keep jumping around avoiding Deaths many sickles. Do this while constantly
barraging him with Crosses/Dragons, hopefully they will also take out some of
the sickles. If things get hairy, as Richter use the Cross Item Crush for
temporary invincibility, the destruction of all sickles on-screen and to take
some damage out of Death. Once you get him roughly down to 2/3 of his life bar,
he will head to the background and will launch many skulls at you. Just keep
moving to avoid them, if you get hit he'll launch some more at you. Death will
then remove his cloak, revealing his more classic form. In this form he will
slice at you with his scythe, and use a devastating spinning scythe attack.
He's very agile, almost ninja-like. As Richter, don't use Crosses on him in
this form, he'll just brush them off and counter-attack with magic. Some small
sickles will still fly around, but there are a lot less than his first form.
Anyway, to kill him without being harmed, rush in and hit him a couple of times
and then retreat, then wait for him to attack and then after he has finished
rush in and hit him a couple of times and then retreat, rinse and repeat.
Collect the Magical Sphere and you will proceed to Stage 6 - Inside the Castle.

27Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Fri May 15, 2009 12:21 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nightshade for NES = Evil Incarnate. I hated this game, partially because it bore me to death but mostly because the fights and death traps were positively rigged.

28Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Mon May 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

BlueMaxx wrote:Ah, you're fighting Death. Other than Dracula himself, Death is always a recurring boss that is always the second most difficult in the game (IMO).
I think I'm on the "alternate" level five (I went down at the minotaur thing to get SotN). This guy's big and has a lance and the lace you fight him is all covered in ice and shit. He's definitely not Death. His head flies off and tracks you and is nigh-unavoidable. Never before have I wanted an invincibility code so bad. From what I've read he has no discernible pattern and adapts to what YOU do, which is basically a definition of the word "bullshit."

http://www.leerodriguez.net

29Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Mon May 18, 2009 8:39 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Nightshade for NES = Evil Incarnate. I hated this game, partially because it bore me to death but mostly because the fights and death traps were positively rigged.
Never heard of it. Pics?

Lee wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Ah, you're fighting Death. Other than Dracula himself, Death is always a recurring boss that is always the second most difficult in the game (IMO).
I think I'm on the "alternate" level five (I went down at the minotaur thing to get SotN). This guy's big and has a lance and the lace you fight him is all covered in ice and shit. He's definitely not Death. His head flies off and tracks you and is nigh-unavoidable. Never before have I wanted an invincibility code so bad. From what I've read he has no discernible pattern and adapts to what YOU do, which is basically a definition of the word "bullshit."
Damn...uh...I guess try being sporatic and impulsive? Seems like one of those bosses that you have to take the time to defend yourself. Just like the Ice Titan in Kingdom Hearts.

30Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sun May 24, 2009 6:35 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just like the Ice Titan in Kingdom Hearts.

gah he was a bastard to beat

31Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Tue May 26, 2009 12:45 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:Bayou Billy! A game that I loved to play, but you could only get so far on. So, so hard. The bosses were tough and, if I'm remembering right, were sometimes out of the blue...er...bayou. I know, hardy-har. tongue
Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 BayouBilly
Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 NES-bayou_billyMost frustrating games!!! - Page 2 AdventuresOfBayouBilly_Hard

I'd actually be up for a remake of this for a cross-console game. I mean, I look at Prince of Persia and the upcoming Bionic-Commando...I could see it.

How great was this game? I loved it. You had side scrolling action, driving levels and you had levels where you had to use the nintendo light gun. This game was ahead of it's time.

32Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That is true. But it was way, way too long. Plus, like the problem with Contra and Castlevania II, your lives are very few considering the default difficulty and, again, the length.

33Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Navalia

Navalia
Cadet
Cadet

Play the story mode in Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects....that will get you to gouge your eyes out.

34Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Navalia wrote:Play the story mode in Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects....that will get you to gouge your eyes out.

Ugh, that game was just terribad.

On topic, Demon's Souls = FUCK YOU: The Game.

35Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:37 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Combo Mo wrote:Gran Turismo 4.

It goes from "This is fun!" to "This is IMPOSSIBLE" real fast.

No pun intended.

That gets my vote. As a non-driver, it's even more difficult to play and have any fun with. Yet, I'm still going to buy GT5. I'm a glutton for punishment.

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

36Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alien vs. Predators drove me nuts and so did Borderlands. Right now Lego Harry Potter is driving me nuts because every person in the game you can leviate so you are always leviating the person beside you instead of what you want to leviate.

37Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:49 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I can't remember what game caused me to destroy a N64 controller. Blast Corps. maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

38Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:30 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

any Contra game

39Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:45 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i love the lego games they are only games i don't suck at.

40Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:42 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i played that damn lego indiana jones, it sucked balls lol. i only played it and kung fu panda cuz they came wit my xbox and i wanted tha achievements. but they were both mad boring. i never even liked indiana jones...horrible franchise lol.

ninja gaiden black and ninja gaiden 2. good games, but tha camera stuff didnt work for me and tha controls seemed unresponsive at times.

i've played alot of games, so i should be able to come up wit a list, but for some reason i cant lol

41Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lost planet 1 360 - the whole - warm energy thing.......why cant it just be unlimited!! lol

42Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:15 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

right now i'm hating ultimate spider-man i got and stuck the stupid racing johnny storm part and you gotta get past that or you can't do anything in the game. I keep coming up short. It makes me wanna curse at the tv. I try not to most times i just throw the controler.

43Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i havnt played that game since it came out. i do remember racing johnny and thought it was stupid, i dont remember havin any problems wit it though, but it has been a few years lol.

44Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I returned Dante's Inferno my husband over took the game and I therefore didn't really play it as much as I wanted to and I also became frustrated. But, I am not giving up I am going to get the stragety guide to Arkham Aslyum and I will complete that game....if it kills someone Laughing

Any recommendations on any other role playing games? I was thinking maybe Darksiders or Alan Wake?

45Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I returned Dante's Inferno my husband over took the game and I therefore didn't really play it as much as I wanted to and I also became frustrated. But, I am not giving up I am going to get the stragety guide to Arkham Aslyum and I will complete that game....if it kills someone Laughing

Any recommendations on any other role playing games? I was thinking maybe Darksiders or Alan Wake?
FALLOUT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just for the headshots alone!!!! Wink Twisted Evil

46Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:48 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Any recommendations on any other role playing games? I was thinking maybe Darksiders or Alan Wake?

I didn't think they where RPGs. To me RPGs are games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Kingdom Hearts, Fables. These titles are considered RPGs Titles like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and Borederlands are considered FPS RPGs. DarkSiders and Alan watch are in the action adventure genre

47Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:06 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metroid prime I suck at so bad. I've never got beyond the first planet. I actually had a copy sucked at sold it then feeling like maybe i could be better at a couple years later I buy it again and turns out i still suck at it. I am getting rid of it.

48Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love the old Tomb Raider games with all my heart but I do believe they are the reason I grew up to be a potty mouth. Lara likes to ran off cliffs and not grab ledges, it gets really old really fast. Also Mario: Lost Levels I love that game but it is hard as hell, and don't warp! it gets harder if you do.

49Most frustrating games!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most frustrating games!!! Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Trash Panic on the PS3 is the hardest fucking game ON EARTH!! That and Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer make me pull my hair out. I love those games but sometimes I feel like I'm going to punch a hole in the wall trying not get shot in that game.

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum