Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern: First Flight

+8
Metal Misfit
supervenom
Topcat
Foxy Gogo
Thundermatts
shiky800
Gandicles
rwe1138
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Review's up.

I dug it.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

2Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I downloaded/watched this last night.

It was good. I really dug the GL uniform designs - I don't know if it was intentional, but I really liked how the green parts on everyone's uniforms looked like armor. It made them look more like cops than a simple spandex suit.

One complaint, though: I would have really liked if they had talked about the whole emotional spectrum thing.

3Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:43 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:I downloaded/watched this last night.

One complaint, though: I would have really liked if they had talked about the whole emotional spectrum thing.
give them time it is only a 77 minute movie. maybe in the sequal

4Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:43 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i got the 2 disk special edition. looking forward to watching it

5Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:01 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it's 77 minutes? lamoid. it should be like, five bucks then. A two disc special edition? For a 77 minute long movie? even lamer

6Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 am

Foxy Gogo

Foxy Gogo
Cadet
Cadet

That's okay, most of these animated movies are short. I'd rather they were a bit longer, but they pack a lot into them. Even Mask of the Phantasm was only about 75 minutes and that movie's awesome!

7Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:15 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:it's 77 minutes? lamoid. it should be like, five bucks then. A two disc special edition? For a 77 minute long movie? even lamer
all of these animated films are about 70 minutes. the WW one was also 77 minutes

8Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

going to see it as soon as my wife gets home

9Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:07 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i was a little disapointed by this

10Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:13 am

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Downloading it now...

Jeez, I gotta' get to bed!

http://www.tamarasanime.com

11Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:44 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:it's 77 minutes? lamoid. it should be like, five bucks then. A two disc special edition? For a 77 minute long movie? even lamer
all of these animated films are about 70 minutes. the WW one was also 77 minutes

Ummm okay? That still doesn't take away from the fact that it sucks these things cost as much as any other dvd and it's barely longer than an hour. Obviously there's no set time a movie has to be, but I think well under an hour and a half is a little ridiculous. There wasn't enough story from a comic that's been around since forever to make a full length feature? Yet you're still charging the price of a full length feature.

12Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
shiky800 wrote:

Ummm okay? That still doesn't take away from the fact that it sucks these things cost as much as any other dvd and it's barely longer than an hour. Obviously there's no set time a movie has to be, but I think well under an hour and a half is a little ridiculous. There wasn't enough story from a comic that's been around since forever to make a full length feature? Yet you're still charging the price of a full length feature.
have to admit I was disappointed the even the special edition didn't have any audio commentary.

13Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I'm not the biggest GL fan, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like this... I ended up LOVING it! DC continues to amaze with their animated releases. I really liked S/B: Public Enemies too. Is the Wondy movie on the level of these two?

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

14Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:38 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:I'm not the biggest GL fan, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like this... I ended up LOVING it! DC continues to amaze with their animated releases. I really liked S/B: Public Enemies too. Is the Wondy movie on the level of these two?
personally I enjoyed The Wonder Woman movie slightly more than those two

15Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:58 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't really like this. It seemed like they simplified the GL mythos far too much. I felt that they could have fleshed it out a bit more. Then again, part of me feels that this was by and large directed at kids and pre-teens and not adults so I can understand. I simply hope that the movie doesn't take hints from this movie as far as story, plot, and characterization is concerned. it's alright for a kid's cartoon but would make me shake my head in a movie. I know there is nothing to indicate that they would do something like this, simply saying.

16Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Sandman wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:I'm not the biggest GL fan, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like this... I ended up LOVING it! DC continues to amaze with their animated releases. I really liked S/B: Public Enemies too. Is the Wondy movie on the level of these two?
personally I enjoyed The Wonder Woman movie slightly more than those two
Ditto.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

17Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:52 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

The only part that bugged me was they glossed over his training time with the ring. Should've shown a few scenes of learning how to use it instead of the Corps showing up and being like "I seen you've been training" or whatever.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

18Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya. Having just read Willworld, I thought that would've been a really cool story to have inside of First Flight.

19Green Lantern: First Flight Empty Re: Green Lantern: First Flight Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:18 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I didn't really like this. It seemed like they simplified the GL mythos far too much. I felt that they could have fleshed it out a bit more. Then again, part of me feels that this was by and large directed at kids and pre-teens and not adults so I can understand. I simply hope that the movie doesn't take hints from this movie as far as story, plot, and characterization is concerned. it's alright for a kid's cartoon but would make me shake my head in a movie. I know there is nothing to indicate that they would do something like this, simply saying.

Agreed. It was decent but somewhat disappointing.

The weird thing is that (like a lot of people here said) I enjoyed the Wonder Woman animated film much more. And I think Wonder Woman is a very bland and boring character in the comics for the most part. But that film was easily the best handling of Wonder Woman and her mythos I've ever seen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum