Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP!-toberFest 2009

+34
Harry Wang
darth__frodo
MillionDollarGeek
Justin
goatt
Steel Rose
Denim
SexyToaster
Airwolf
Rath99
potatojoe
Esbat
Kearstin
TENIME_art
Tripper McGee
Debaser77
Chi-Town Spidey
Gojiratoho
superdoug
Joshua
shining knight
Ska
Thundermatts
Hannibal king
Astro13Zombie
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Sci-Fi
Lewis Black is Sabertooth
Lee
FroZen
Foxy
Administrator
Mnemosis
Silent K
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 36]

626PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holla!

627PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 am

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

Dear K, I regret to inform you that I will be most unable to attend your "bitchin ass party at a bitchin ass pad filled with bitches' asses." However in keeping with the spirit of "Halloween is the New Christmas," you should keep an eye on your mailbox over the next couple of weeks. Never mind the fact that I don't know your address, as that should prove only a mild, and temporary inconveniance. Much like bus stop toilet seat rash. I wish you and yours many great tidings during this most blessed holiday season. -Goatt

628PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:31 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't realize just how excited I was about this trip until now. I dreamt I was at The Magic Kingdom and woke up just as my log disembarked on Splash Mountain. I've now been awake, unable to sleep for God knows how long, humming "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while my mind raced with excitement. I don't think I'll be able to fall back asleep before it's time to get up for work.

629PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:51 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I didn't realize just how excited I was about this trip until now. I dreamt I was at The Magic Kingdom and woke up just as my log disembarked on Splash Mountain. I've now been awake, unable to sleep for God knows how long, humming "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while my mind raced with excitement. I don't think I'll be able to fall back asleep before it's time to get up for work.

Is that a euphemism for having a wet dream about hooking up with a plus sized girl that's a squirter?

630PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I didn't realize just how excited I was about this trip until now. I dreamt I was at The Magic Kingdom and woke up just as my log disembarked on Splash Mountain. I've now been awake, unable to sleep for God knows how long, humming "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while my mind raced with excitement. I don't think I'll be able to fall back asleep before it's time to get up for work.

That's awesome Josh,

Two words for ya though...

PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Princess-jasmine

HANDS. OFF.

you're gonna get it
We clear on that?

Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

631PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:15 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

goatt wrote:Dear K, I regret to inform you that I will be most unable to attend your "bitchin ass party at a bitchin ass pad filled with bitches' asses." However in keeping with the spirit of "Halloween is the New Christmas," you should keep an eye on your mailbox over the next couple of weeks. Never mind the fact that I don't know your address, as that should prove only a mild, and temporary inconveniance. Much like bus stop toilet seat rash. I wish you and yours many great tidings during this most blessed holiday season. -Goatt

Thanks, Goatt!

Gojiratoho wrote:

Is that a euphemism for having a wet dream about hooking up with a plus sized girl that's a squirter?

Sounds more like a euphemism for taking a poo.

632PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:
That's awesome Josh,

Two words for ya though...

HANDS. OFF.

you're gonna get it
We clear on that?

Laughing
I make no promises.

633PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:Two words for ya though...

HANDS. OFF.

you're gonna get it
We clear on that?

Laughing

Yeah! Jasmine's mine!! dry

634PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:42 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been doing some MK reconnaissance and discovered that Space Mountain was shut down in April 2009 for updates and isn't scheduled to open again until November. I kind of want to cry.

I'm fairly neurotic, so I have some must-ride attractions that I'll be sad if I don't get to visit, does anyone else? I know it's weeks away, but I figure a little preparation wouldn't hurt so that everyone can maximize their theme park experience.

635PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Magic Kingdom Musts:

Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain (who knows...it MIGHT be open)
Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Pirates
Haunted Mansion

636PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:Two words for ya though...

HANDS. OFF.

you're gonna get it
We clear on that?

Laughing

Yeah! Jasmine's mine!! dry

PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 7946438
I beg your pardon. :x

637PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Jasmine has an incredible rack.

638PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn, I was really hoping to go on Space Mountain because I had my eyes closed the entire ride last time I was there (for fear of being beheaded by the track supports as you went through them. figured if I was gonna die I didn't want to see it coming).

Other than that ride, I wanna hit the Haunted Mansion again. And go through the Swiss Family Treehouse...make myself dizzy.

639PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
It's listed as being shutdown until November 21st, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My must-see list:

Adventureland:
Pirates of the Caribbean

Fantasyland:
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Mickey's PhilharMagic

Frontierland:
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain

Tomorrowland:
Buzz Lightyear's Spin (unless someone who has ridden it knows it's not that good)
Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain (God willing)
Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Liberty Square:
Haunted Mansion

Of course, just because an attraction isn't listed doesn't necessarily mean I'm not interested, just that there are rides I would sacrifice in order to ensure a must-ride does not go overlooked. I'd love to go to Ariel's Grotto and get my picture taken, but I wouldn't sacrifice the Haunted Mansion to do so. I definitely plan on taking a shitload of pictures.

12 hours should be enough time to get everyone's favorites in, but I don't know what lines are like around Halloween. We can probably hit the Haunted Mansion or Pirates any time because they've got fast-moving lines, but Splash Mountain should probably be done as early as possible. And of course, any extra time to get a second ride in is always preferable (Big Thunder should always have a day ride and a night ride).

Last edited by Joshua on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

640PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Joshua"][quote="Silent K"]

Adventureland:
Pirates of the Caribbean Done it.

Fantasyland:
Peter Pan's Flight Done it.
Snow White's Scary Adventures Done it.
Mickey's PhilharMagic Done it.

Frontierland:
Big Thunder Mountain Done it.
Splash Mountain Done it.

Tomorrowland:
Buzz Lightyear's Spin (unless someone who has ridden it knows it's not that good) Done it. It's good.
The Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!)
Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain (God willing) Done it.

Liberty Square:
Haunted Mansion Done it. Tour guide through the mansion when going into a room with webs all over the place. "Jeez, looks like Spider-Man threw up in here." Me: "Did no..I mean...yeah..."

641PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alice's Teacups!

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

642PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:43 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not a fan of "water rides". Hate walking around in wet clothes (shoes are the worst - they never dry). I'm probably out for Splash Mt.

Pirates is a definite, though. Haunted Mansion, too.

643PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:I'm not a fan of "water rides". Hate walking around in wet clothes (shoes are the worst - they never dry). I'm probably out for Splash Mt.

I'm definitely out for Splash Mountain.

644PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The three or four times I've ridden Splash Mountain I've never gotten very wet. I've certainly never been left walking around the park in wet clothes or shoes. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with where you sit in the log.

I've been watching videos taken from inside the park and holy fuck am I getting excited. I can only imagine how bad I'll be once I'm completely immersed. Y'all are going to have a hell of a time wrangling me; I'm going to be like a child. big grin

645PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it's anything like other log drop rides I've been on (like the Desperado Plunge in Great Escape here in NY), you don't generally get completely soaked. Heavy rain the day of or before can raise the water level slightly and increase the splash, but you can also arrange occupants to minimize the splash itself.

"If you want to avoid getting totally soaked on Splash Mountain, try to arrange the seating so that the heaviest people are in the back of the log. This will keep your "nose" up on the drops, so that the front of the log itself will shield you from the worst of the splash. Naturally, if you prefer to be drenched, put the heaviest people in the front seat. If the weight is really concentrated there, it's possible to get the very front tip of the log just under the surface of the water, and when it bobs back up, the water will slosh back into the log."

Though, not riding it is a sure way not to get wet at all. Wink

646PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:06 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

which version are you going to because I have a few picks for good stuff to go to depending on which version you are going to

647PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Y'all are going to have a hell of a time wrangling me; I'm going to be like a child. big grin

PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Child-harness

Wonder if they make Josh-sized versions of these...maybe in Kermit or Gonzo instead of random monkey.

648PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:08 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:

Though, not riding it is a sure way not to get wet at all. Wink

king

649PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:which version are you going to because I have a few picks for good stuff to go to depending on which version you are going to

Disney World

650PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 26 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:23 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ah then some of the good stuff have already been mentioned are you popping into any of the other bits of the resort or are you sticking with the magic kingdom portion?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum