Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Television: THE OFFICIAL BBC THREAD

+11
Spaced4SimonPegg
Spider_Fan14
Esbat
Joshua
Ska
Debaser77
Foxy
Splitty
superdoug
shining knight
jaydee74
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I love British tv...obviously British Television: THE OFFICIAL BBC THREAD - Page 2 29517 The show I really wanted to watch was Being Human, but I missed it when it was the BBC America. I tired getting into HEX but they changed times and days on me so I was always missing it.

Both great shows. And let me put in another plug for Jekyll. One of the best TV fantasy series EVER. The last season of Torchwood was awesome but I disliked most of the earlier seasons. Honourable mentions go to - Spaced, Black Books, League of Gentlemen, Mitchell and Webb, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh, The Catherine Tate Show (Yes Donna from Doctor Who in her own comedy sketch show), Spooks, Merlin, Robin Hood. Classic shows from back in the day - Monty Python of course (though personally I hate it, I know! don't get me started) The Prisoner, Hancock's Half Hour, Steptoe and Son, The Quatermass Experiment, Adam Adamant, The Saint, Randall and Hopkirk (deceased), Marty Feldman (Harry Wang's avatar), I Claudius (Classic drama starring Derek Jacobi before he played Prof Yana
Spoiler:
), Up Pompeii, Pheonix Nights, Shameless, Brass Eye, The Day Today, Nathan Barley and last but not least any of Derren Brown's shows. Wiki them for details.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Both great shows. And let me put in another plug for Jekyll. One of the best TV fantasy series EVER. The last season of Torchwood was awesome but I disliked most of the earlier seasons. Honourable mentions go to - Spaced, Black Books, League of Gentlemen, Mitchell and Webb, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh, The Catherine Tate Show (Yes Donna from Doctor Who in her own comedy sketch show), Spooks, Merlin, Robin Hood. Classic shows from back in the day - Monty Python of course (though personally I hate it, I know! don't get me started) The Prisoner, Hancock's Half Hour, Steptoe and Son, The Quatermass Experiment, Adam Adamant, The Saint, Randall and Hopkirk (deceased), Marty Feldman (Harry Wang's avatar), I Claudius (Classic drama starring Derek Jacobi before he played Prof Yana
Spoiler:
), Up Pompeii, Pheonix Nights, Shameless, Brass Eye, The Day Today, Nathan Barley and last but not least any of Derren Brown's shows. Wiki them for details.

I have a friend who loves Torchwood. I have been wanting to check out Black Books and people have been raving about IT Crowd too. I also like Keeping Up Appearances..I know...I know Laughing I have also heard great things about the Mighty Boosh. I wish there was a place online you could all these shows..they just seemed to be scattered all over the place.

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Jherek wrote:Both great shows. And let me put in another plug for Jekyll. One of the best TV fantasy series EVER. The last season of Torchwood was awesome but I disliked most of the earlier seasons. Honourable mentions go to - Spaced, Black Books, League of Gentlemen, Mitchell and Webb, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh, The Catherine Tate Show (Yes Donna from Doctor Who in her own comedy sketch show), Spooks, Merlin, Robin Hood. Classic shows from back in the day - Monty Python of course (though personally I hate it, I know! don't get me started) The Prisoner, Hancock's Half Hour, Steptoe and Son, The Quatermass Experiment, Adam Adamant, The Saint, Randall and Hopkirk (deceased), Marty Feldman (Harry Wang's avatar), I Claudius (Classic drama starring Derek Jacobi before he played Prof Yana
Spoiler:

I have a friend who loves Torchwood. I have been wanting to check out Black Books and people have been raving about IT Crowd too. I also like Keeping Up Appearances..I know...I know British Television: THE OFFICIAL BBC THREAD - Page 2 29517 I have also heard great things about the Mighty Boosh. I wish there was a place online you could all these shows..they just seemed to be scattered all over the place.
Ah The Mighty Boosh is deliciously surreal. I forgot to mention I'm Alan Partridge and Alan Partridge, Knowing Me, Knowing You. Yes The IT Crowd is okay and stars Dean Lerner who is also in Garth Merenghi's Dark Place. TheUK The Office and Extras of course are worth a go. Hmm. Keeping Up Appearances don't see the attraction really, a bit too mainstream vanilla sitcom for my liking but I know a lot of US people like that kind of English humour. If that's your bag then I can also recommend from the old days - Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, Dad's Army, It Aint 'Arf Hot Mum, Are You Being Served and Hi De Hi.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have heard some good things about I Am Alan Patridge and I saw that the IT Crowd was available for rental at the library...will give that a view. I was going to check out The Office too I like Ricky Gervais..I also like Peter Serafinowicz...I know he is not in the office I mean I like him in general Laughing

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hey, did anyone see the premire of Demons a little while ago? i was gonna see it but my satilite dish was screwing up due to a storm in my hometown shake my head

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i can't believe no one mentioned red drawf. I love red dwarf and have loved since i was in middle school. I'm so happy they just made a new special.

i don't like torchwood either i tried to like it but couldn't.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love red dwarf but was so disappointed with back to earth

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BBC America has given me a few of my favorite shows. I watch Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human, Robin Hood (sad to see it come to an end), Monty Python, Primeval, and The Graham Norton Show.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

jaydee74 wrote:I just watched a random episode of "Robin Hood". Wow. I need to go back and start from the beginning. It's so freaking awesome.
Eww... Watched half of Season 1 until quitting. It's way worse than Smallville - and I hate Smallville.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

or robin hoody as its called over here Laughing

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:hey, did anyone see the premire of Demons a little while ago? i was gonna see it but my satilite dish was screwing up due to a storm in my hometown shake my head

Grrr...i wanted to see that Mad

I am not sure if bbcamerica.com would run it? huh

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Well erm obviously I love British TV. especially the comedy. As I've expressed before I hate Monty Python (go figure! as you guys say). As well as those mentioned above I would also recommend -

The League of Gentlemen. (Not to be confused with Alan Moore's LXG or the old black and white Brit movie) This one is a dark episodic sit-com set in a gothically surreal English Village. Imagine a kind of pythonesque Brit Twin Peaks. That doesn't really do it justice though.

Shameless. Gritty, Near the nuckle Drama/comedy set on a Manchester housing estate.

Catherine Tate Show. The Tenth Doctor's erstwhile companion in hilarious sketch show.

The Mighty Boosh. Surreal Rock n Roll style sitcom...sort of..I think. It's cool.

Shooting Stars with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer. Celebrity panel game where the rules are meaningless and the answers rarely make sense. Cool and anarchic.

Brass Eye. 1990's Spoof news/documentary show. Quite old now but groundbreaking.

Anything by Derren Brown. Not comedy but this guy is amazing, trust me. His shows are a combination of mental trickery, illusion, and outright conman shtick but you will not believe what he can apparantly do. This guy played Russian Roulette LIVE on British TV with a real bullet in a real gun. He also hypnotised some dude in a pub to believe he was inside a video game. He also sent some guy to sleep remotely in a photo booth then shipped the booth with the man still inside to North Africa then woke the guy up just to film his reaction.

I don't know about the availability of some of these shows but I would think Youtube probably has most of em.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

did anybody watch Merlin? that was a british show before they
showed here in the states i for one liked it.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished watching all of Spaced. I loved it. Just loved it.

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

<3 David Tennant in Doctor Who, You Are What You Eat, How Clean is Your House, IT Crowd

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:hey, did anyone see the premire of Demons a little while ago? i was gonna see it but my satilite dish was screwing up due to a storm in my hometown shake my head

Grrr...i wanted to see that Mad

I am not sure if bbcamerica.com would run it? huh

A replay of the first episodes will be on BBC America this saturday at 7 pm central time.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Sweet..thanks Very Happy

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:I just finished watching all of Spaced. I loved it. Just loved it.
British Television: THE OFFICIAL BBC THREAD - Page 2 282468 great isn't it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum