Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watchmen Script Writer Calls For Fan Support

+3
Combo Mo
Silent K
breatheasy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

Hey guys check this out. This may be a call to arms...

With several box-office analysts predicting that Watchmen will experience a steep revenue plunge at the box office this weekend, David Hayter, who adapted the original graphic novel for the screen, has issued a call to Watchmen fans to return to theaters. "You have to understand, everyone is watching to see how the film will do in its second week," said Hayter in a letter posted on the HardcoreNerdity.com. "If you're thinking of seeing it again anyway, please go back this weekend, Friday or Saturday night." He implored fans to demonstrate their power, "because it'll help let the people who pay for these movies know what we'd like to see. Because if it drops off the radar after the first weekend, they will never allow a film like this to be made again."

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for the info, Isaac. I think Hayter makes some great points.

I'll be seeing it again this weekend.

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I plan on seeing it one more time in the theater...probably not this weekend though. neutral

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah...flaming turd of a deadline just dropped in my lap...no Watchmen for me this weekend.

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Now I definitely HAVE to see it this weekend.

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

"because it'll help let the people who pay for these movies know what we'd like to see..."
Ya, because last summer didn't show them that, what with TDK, Iron Man and Incredible Hulk.

dry

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

And I'll be seeing it NEXT weekend.

Debaser77

Debaser77

blue halo wrote:
"because it'll help let the people who pay for these movies know what we'd like to see..."
Ya, because last summer didn't show them that, what with TDK, Iron Man and Incredible Hulk.

dry

Watchmen's an entirely different animal. If the movie underperforms, we may not see adaptations of more mature, complex comics like Gaiman's Sandman.

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I already saw it twice opening weekend. BUT.. I will be going back for a 3rd viewing at the end of the month Wink

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

What up, D!?

Cross your fingers....hopefully it's still in theaters by months end.

Debaser77

Debaser77

I'm hopefully going this afternoon, but if not, I'm pretty sure it'll still be in theaters next weekend. It's in too many theaters for all of them to dump it next week.

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Regardless of whatever the ending sales figure turns out to be, Watchmen is considered a success in my book.

There's too many examples to cite where sales DO NOT equal quality. Just because it may not have performed as well as other comic movies, shouldn't mean that is wasn't as good as (or better) than them.

Debaser77

Debaser77

I never expected Watchmen to be a blockbuster. It's subject matter is too deep and the story is definitely "love it or hate it." I think the movie will at least break even before it leaves theaters, then DVD sales will put it in the black, but it won't be considered a runaway hit like Iron Man and Dark Knight, not that anyone expected it to.

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Watchmen script writer: "Watch this movie multiple times or else I will go back to waiting tables" what a bunch of BS.

If this was coming from an unbiased party, it would mean more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum