Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sherlock Holmes

+24
shining knight
rwe1138
Bigtymin504
The_Donster
Metal Misfit
SexyToaster
superdoug
supervenom
BlueMaxx
shark6495
Spider_Fan14
ChrisToPhenom
AlienIncognito
FroZen
prescribeddrone
riv1
Nymn
Combo Mo
jaydee74
Ben Akers
Batman25JM
Joshua
Debaser77
Thundermatts
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sherlock Holmes Empty Sherlock Holmes Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am excited for this flick.

Just in case you were wondering.

2Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a huge Guy Richie fan, but I hear his films have gotten better since he and The Venereal Girl got divorced. Plus, I'd watch Robert Downey Jr. in anything.

3Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not thrilled with the idea of making Holmes an overly physical character, but the movie looks like it could be pretty good.

4Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm a giant Sherlock Holmes fan. I hate Guy Ritchie films, so at first I was like, ugh, but the first trailer swayed me. I have no problem with the flick being actiony, since the original tales were pretty actiony for the time. High speed boat chases, fisticuffs and the such.

5Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really looking forward to this. I like Sherlock Holmes, but I'm by no means a huge fan. I've never read any of the original stories (though I did buy a book that has 6 Holmes stories in it over the summer, I have yet to read it). Anyway, I think the trailer looks awesome and RDJ is great. I have a feeling I'm gonna love the movie.

6Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I'm looking forward to it.

7Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:38 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Having just started to read the complete Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes 40429574

I'm not sure how excited I am for this movie. I think I will go see it though and reserve my judgement but I don't have a very good feeling about it.

8Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:46 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looks good...I'm planning on watching it.

9Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

10Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:05 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:Having just started to read the complete Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes 40429574

I'm not sure how excited I am for this movie. I think I will go see it though and reserve my judgement but I don't have a very good feeling about it.

I just saw that book at Barnes & Noble yesterday for $20! I almost got it, but there were a couple other books I wanted instead. This movie looks neat, I'm going to see it. I'll see anything with RDJ these days, he's come a long way from that bully in Weird Science!

11Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:19 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Having just started to read the complete Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes 40429574

I just saw that book at Barnes & Noble yesterday for $20! I almost got it, but there were a couple other books I wanted instead. This movie looks neat, I'm going to see it. I'll see anything with RDJ these days, he's come a long way from that bully in Weird Science!

How can you go wrong with a book that is over 1200 pages for just $20?

12Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:21 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Totally! Maybe I'll get it next weekend. Then I'll just need to find the time to actually read it!

13Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:31 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I started making my way through the completed works ( though I own the two volume set) and finished most of the first volume before being distracted by other books, I'll get back to them shortly. Of course I've read everything at least five times, my favorites (The Speckled Band, Hound of the Baskervilles) waaaay more than five.

14Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:57 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I am excited for this flick.

Just in case you were wondering.
While i wasn't wondering, i'm looking forward to it as well. Not that you were wondering.

15Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:56 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The trailers look great, IMO.

16Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The trailers look ok. I don't know. Just seems like your run-of-the-mill action story. Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong but part of what makes Sherlock Holmes so interesting is that he's so much more cerebral using the power of deduction and observation to solve crimes. I hope that plays a big part in this movie and it's not just gadgets and fighting.

17Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:The trailers look ok. I don't know. Just seems like your run-of-the-mill action story. Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong but part of what makes Sherlock Holmes so interesting is that he's so much more cerebral using the power of deduction and observation to solve crimes. I hope that plays a big part in this movie and it's not just gadgets and fighting.

While thats a part of it (and in the film, according to the instances in the trailer where he is using his belt full of science) Holmes gets physical in pretty much every one of the stories and novellas. They were meant as entertainment back then, Doyle even hated being stuck writing them, because he felt there was no meat, that they were basically the pop corn flicks of literature back then.

18Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:00 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is gonna kick ass. Way stoked to see it.

19Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I'm not a fan of Guy Ritchie either, but I am excited by this. RDJ kicks all kinds of ass and makes Sherlock Holmes actually seem fun.

20Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:The trailers look ok. I don't know. Just seems like your run-of-the-mill action story. Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong but part of what makes Sherlock Holmes so interesting is that he's so much more cerebral using the power of deduction and observation to solve crimes. I hope that plays a big part in this movie and it's not just gadgets and fighting.

While thats a part of it (and in the film, according to the instances in the trailer where he is using his belt full of science) Holmes gets physical in pretty much every one of the stories and novellas. They were meant as entertainment back then, Doyle even hated being stuck writing them, because he felt there was no meat, that they were basically the pop corn flicks of literature back then.

That's an interesting fact I didn't know. I'll reserve judgement for it until I see it. It looks promising and I do like the actors involved.

21Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:57 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks, Thundermatts for saving me an embarrassing chance to post a clone thread. Wink I have to say Robert Downey, Jr. sure has that "face appeal" to what I'd expect Sherlock to be portrayed as.

Trailer-

Theatrical Poster-
Sherlock Holmes 405px-Sherlock_Holmes_Theatrical_Poster

22Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:47 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

saw the movie last night and i really liked it, especially the music for it which is the first time music stood out in a film for me. The actors were really good and i loved how Holmes solved the case. Rachel McAdams' Irene Adler was a cool character and i like the setup for the likely sequel. And if i add, he didnt wear the hat he wears for the country, the first adaptation sticking to the bowler he wears in the city!

23Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:57 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, it was a fun movie all around. Action, humor, good friend chemistry from Holmes and Watson. Nice tension with the fiance angle. Very much enjoyed it.

24Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:08 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

if i can echo those above me, it was a good film. I didnt think Holmes was overly physical, still a smart fun movie. The beginning was slightly long, if you are expecting a bubble gum film, but it is not too smart and doesnt treat the audience too dumb. No surprises, if you watch the film you could have figured it out... good film over all, would see it again...

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

25Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:20 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. John Watson: Get that out of my face-

Sherlock Holmes: It's not in your face, it's in my hand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum