Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sherlock Holmes

+24
shining knight
rwe1138
Bigtymin504
The_Donster
Metal Misfit
SexyToaster
superdoug
supervenom
BlueMaxx
shark6495
Spider_Fan14
ChrisToPhenom
AlienIncognito
FroZen
prescribeddrone
riv1
Nymn
Combo Mo
jaydee74
Ben Akers
Batman25JM
Joshua
Debaser77
Thundermatts
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:but it is not too smart and doesnt treat the audience too dumb. No surprises, if you watch the film you could have figured it out... good film over all, would see it again...
Agreed, it struck a nice balance.

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Dr. John Watson: Get that out of my face-

Sherlock Holmes: It's not in your face, it's in my hand.
Loved the patter. They seemed like an old married couple, together a long time.
You could really see Holmes' jealousy at Watson's marriage plans.

27Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Read what you guys thought. Combined with that and what SuperVenom thought of it, I feel likely that all I'll have at least a fun theatre experience.

28Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Surprise, surprise, I liked another movie.

If you are interested in checking out a Sherlock themed comic here is a link to the first issue online.

http://bleedingcool.com/2009/12/16/free-moore-and-reppions-sherlock-holmes-1/

29Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Not sure if that's my type of comic, but very cool, DBCF.

30Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:03 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:saw the movie last night and i really liked it, especially the music for it which is the first time music stood out in a film for me. The actors were really good and i loved how Holmes solved the case. Rachel McAdams' Irene Adler was a cool character and i like the setup for the likely sequel. And if i add, he didnt wear the hat he wears for the country, the first adaptation sticking to the bowler he wears in the city!
yeah loved the fact that the music fit with the time period. rock music wouldn't fit at all.

31Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:02 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Glad it felt very practical. It wasn't spun. Not with the soundtrack, like you guys said, or anything. I also enjoyed his fighting capabilities. He wasn't an all-of-the-sudden martial artist or anything silly, he was a scrapper with a genius mind. He'd deduce where to hit someone. (By the by, I'm going to be saying "deduce" and "deduction" for the rest of the week. I was making observations as I was leaving the theatre to be silly. I deduce that that snow has yet to melt. tongue Had to be there. I was on a roll. Wink )
Enjoyed the mystery and the introduction to Prof. Moriarty through Irene and Blackwood. Liked the quick-witted conversation between Watson and Holmes, like RIV pointed out.
Enjoyed it. I had more fun with it than I thought I would. The trailer, to me, made the movie seem unappealing. Worth seeing.

Side note. Lotta girls in the audience. I remember thinking, "Oh, right, Jude Law AND Robert Downey, Jr." Same kind of feel to the theatre when I went to see the Curse of the Black Pearl. It was like the crowd was there for Johnny. tongue Oh, well. Had fun.

32Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, and there was this big family of English people outside after the showing, and they loved it. I liked that they liked it for some reason. "Ah, the Redcoats approve of our adaptation," I suppose is what I'm thinking. tongue

33Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:04 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You're funny, man!

At least, that's what i deduce from your posts...Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Thinking

34Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:45 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

Highly enjoyable. But I couldn't help but feel it was just a 2+ hour advertisement for a sequel, kind of like the first Pirates of the Caribbean.

35Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DeathByChickFlix wrote:Surprise, surprise, I liked another movie.

If you are interested in checking out a Sherlock themed comic here is a link to the first issue online.

http://bleedingcool.com/2009/12/16/free-moore-and-reppions-sherlock-holmes-1/

I saw this book at Borders. Sherlock looks like he was modeled after Anthony Stewart Head. Interesting.

36Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw the movie last night. Much better than I thought it would be. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law were great as Holmes and Watson. Great back and forth. Loved the plot. Loved the scenery and the costumes. I thought it was very well done and I hope there will be a sequel.

37Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:33 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh, and there was this big family of English people outside after the showing, and they loved it. I liked that they liked it for some reason. "Ah, the Redcoats approve of our adaptation," I suppose is what I'm thinking. tongue

Our adaptation? It's written by Australians and directed by a Brit. It's only 'ours' in that it was released in the US first and stars two Americans (Downey and McAdams). tongue

38Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:36 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Oh, and there was this big family of English people outside after the showing, and they loved it. I liked that they liked it for some reason. "Ah, the Redcoats approve of our adaptation," I suppose is what I'm thinking. tongue

Our adaptation? It's written by Australians and directed by a Brit. It's only 'ours' in that it was released in the US first and stars two Americans (Downey and McAdams). tongue
OH SNAP, CRACKLE, AND POP! Laughing

39Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Not really. It was created through Silver Pictures in Hollywood. That's like saying Children of Men is a Mexican film because the director was Mexican or that it was a British film because that was majority of the cast, when it was filmed under Universal Studios.

jaydee74 wrote:Much better than I thought it would be.
That sentence seems to be the consensus of the film from everyone who's seen it.

Did anyone else get a reel rather than digital? I just happen to notice the cigarette burns in the top corner. Haven't seen those in the longest time.

40Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pretty good, but not great. I think it could grow on me with repeated viewings, but I found myself bored more than once on the initial viewing. The chemistry between the two leads was great, Hans Zimmer's score was great, but the villain and plot were weak. I do think there's great potential in a sequel.

41Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I do think there's great potential in a sequel.
Moriarty will bring the antithesis of Holmes to the stories, which should make the stories much better.

42Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:00 am

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was an alright movie, I thought it was kind of boring though.

43Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

SexyToaster wrote:It was an alright movie, I thought it was kind of boring though.

Troof.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

44Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ My brother said that, and I thought he'd like it. There were some jargon chats with characters that I'm sure made some of the audience go out of focus at points. Still fun, I thought.

45Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just saw it today. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but I did like it quite a bit. RDJ did a great job as Holmes, and Jude Law did just as good of a job as Watson. I would welcome a sequel if for no other reason than to see those two together again.

46Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I would welcome a sequel if for no other reason than to see those two together again.
I like that reason. I honestly thought it was a better than Pirates first movie and I thought Curse of the Black Pearl was fun.

47Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

My wife and I got the rare occassion of going to see this thanks to our sister in law and Trish's brother. We both enjoyed it and hope there is a sequel. From reading interviews, sounds like the film makers are thinking the same.

48Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just got back from this, thought it was good and entertaining. RDJ was brilliant as usual, Jude Law was solid, and I just have a weakness for Rachel McAdams so I always enjoy her. Overall good film.

49Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I need to see this again. About a half hour into the movie I realized my cell phone was missing and I spent the rest of the movie worried about it. I think it distracted me too much. If I see it again I think I'll like it more.

BlueMaxx wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I would welcome a sequel if for no other reason than to see those two together again.
I like that reason. I honestly thought it was a better than Pirates first movie and I thought Curse of the Black Pearl was fun.

I liked Curse of the Black Pearl more than this, it's actually one of my favorite movies of all time.

50Sherlock Holmes - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I think I need to see this again. About a half hour into the movie I realized my cell phone was missing and I spent the rest of the movie worried about it. I think it distracted me too much. If I see it again I think I'll like it more.

BlueMaxx wrote:

I liked Curse of the Black Pearl more than this, it's actually one of my favorite movies of all time.
good luck finding your phone Batman, whats the sit-rep now?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum