Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question

+3
Mnemosis
Joshua
andy546
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Empty Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 pm

andy546

andy546
Cadet
Cadet

In order to understand Batman R.I.P. do I need to read Final Crisis, since I know that some issues tie into each other. Also where is a good starting point for Grant Morrison's Batman Arc?

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The conclusion of R.I.P. is contained in Final Crisis.

andy546

andy546
Cadet
Cadet

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

andy546 wrote:In order to understand Batman R.I.P. do I need to read Final Crisis, since I know that some issues tie into each other. Also where is a good starting point for Grant Morrison's Batman Arc?

Nowhere.

If you MUST, you really want to start at the beginning. Batman and Son? Hell, I forget the structure. I've spent every free second since I finished reading that trying to remember other things so I'd eventually forget that compeletely.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well the uk reprint batman legends was a good place to read it slightly coherantly

Well okay as coherant as you could get with this messy story. Not one of Morrisons best

andy546

andy546
Cadet
Cadet

Is it just me or are crossovers always a pain in the ass?

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

It's not JUST you, but I personally don't tend to mind them. The best are AMAZING. Age of Apocalypse, X-Cutioner's Song, and Messiah CompleX were all superbly well handled, top to bottom, and really are (to my mind) the perfect example of the best that a crossover can be.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ohh we just started messiah complex in the uk and I already have no clue who any of these new people are Laughing

9Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Empty Re: Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:37 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

andy546 wrote:In order to understand Batman R.I.P. do I need to read Final Crisis, since I know that some issues tie into each other. Also where is a good starting point for Grant Morrison's Batman Arc?
I guess a good place to start with Morrison's run to get into RIP is the Black Glove arc. Its just before RIP. And ya, RIP concludes in Final Crisis #6 and #7. This then goes into the Battle for the Cowl. From there, you'll be able to get into the current run of Bat-titles.

10Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Empty Re: Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

You need to read everything Morrison has ever written since 1986 or there's no way you'll be able to make head or tail of what's goin on!

Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question 29517 Just kidding. Start at Batman and Son arc for the full effect but you'd probably be okay just kicking off with the Black Glove.

PS. Do try and read as much Morrison as you can. It's good for you and educational. (If you wanna be a spaced out Anarchist Chaos Magician that is Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question 334450 )

PPS Hi everyone!

11Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Empty Re: Batman/Morrison/Final Crisis Question Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:You need to read everything Morrison has ever written since 1986 or there's no way you'll be able to make head or tail of what's goin on!

Laughing
That's almost true!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum