Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Booster Gold

+13
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Jherek
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Administrator
Spider_Fan14
jaydee74
Metal Misfit
riv1
BlueMaxx
rwe1138
shining knight
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:33 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I lied. I've never even seen her in person. I'm actually afraid for her if I do. ...seriously. I don't know how I'd act. Myself...or myself!

27Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I bet she'll start a casual conservation, you'll calm down and then start talking about comics and make her enjoy the talk.

I'm expecting to be invited to the wedding.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

28Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just finished reading #25. Thought it was a cool issue, with Booster indirectly talking about Blair Butler being his blindate via internet hookup. Thought that was pretty cute of Jurgens. I'm sure Butler had a nerdgasm, amongst other things. Wink But ya, this Black Beetle stuff is getting a bit confusing.
In the 2nd and final part of Blue Beetle's backstory, it is finally "revealed" that Black Beetle is Jaime, but I call b.s., like Jaime said. I think he's screwin' with him. Or maybe this is Jurgens' way of introducing the multiverse into the Booster Gold title and maybe, like I was hoping for the longest of times, to merge the two stories to have a rag-tag team of B.B. and B.G. once again.

Rip's Chalkboard (These are always fun.)
- Son of Doomsday (Hrm. New weapon against New Krypton?)
- Adam Strange: Last Son of Krypton (Clueless on this one.)
- Beware the Oan effect. (I'm guessing BN will show this.)
- Seven Soldiers of Destruction. (Could this have to do with dead members returning, or the different Lanterns?)
- Waverider lives. (Blackest Night? blink Or maybe with Skeets' frame?)
- Armageddon 2011?? (Connection with Waverider's return?)
- Buy Milk & Toaster Tarts Laughing

29Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

- Armageddon 2011?? (Connection with Waverider's return?)

Pay off to the Countdown/Countdown Arena books that never went anywhere?

Anyway, thought it was a good issue, I kind of like Booster having a relationship with the Batmen as the ones that know what he really is and being the ones that he can talk to and them to him.

Anyway, nice conclusion, Jurgens ties up the current arc pretty nicely.

The Blue Beattle back up was really good too, seeing what the Scarab is capable of when it's at full power was pretty spiffy.

I'm with everyone else though, BS on Jaime being the Black Beattle, at this point that would be a let down to me.

30Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know why, but I've lost almost all interest in this book. I bought, but didn't read issues #14 through the beginning of the Batman arc, and now I haven't even read the last two issues. I love Booster Gold (the character) and Skeets, but I don't know, I just don't have the motivation to read this. I might have to drop it.

31Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i liked how the BB bsck up led to the main Booster story but i do hope Jurgens is just trying to satirize the evil time traveler thing

32Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ How do you mean? You don't want them to be pulled together? I wondering, now with that thought, if Peter Platinum might be Black Beetle. Hm, wow, that's a good point. Thanks, BlueMaxx. Wink

33Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I do feel that Jurgens, over the last four or five issues has been overusing the 'mystery character revealed to be someone we know, and specifically someone related to Booster or Rip' routine. And now the dubious Black Beetle is a future version of Jaime Blue Beetle. shyeeeah right! I call shenannigans.

Last edited by Jherek on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos (I'm obsessive about spelling and grammar so sue me!)

34Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ How do you mean? You don't want them to be pulled together?
i meant that in time traveler from future type stories there's no character from the future that tries to trick the people to reach his/her goals or throw everyone off track by making different future predictions or something

35Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You've confused me. Heh.

36Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ You've confused me. Heh.
i meant the guy from the future could be a complete liar using cray-ass out loud but brilliant schemes to warp the future to the one he/she wants. like how the heroes transported to the future and try to fight the supposed big bad without knowing fully what the other side stands for.

37Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:57 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

'Kay. Heh.

38Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i feel like i'm the one making the paradoxes now Rolling Eyes

39Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Got ish #26 (because of the ring) and was actually surprised by how good it was. It wasn't good enough to make me want to go out and pick up every issue, but it wasn't a waste of $2.99 like that other ring book was... Rolling Eyes

40Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:59 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Good issue. Nice to see Daniel & Rose again.

I guess
Spoiler:
Could be interesting.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

41Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, good issue of Booster, mostly just a set up for next issue's show down between Blue Beattle and Booster vs. BL Ted Kord, but still had some good character work and was a pretty good use as a jumping on issue since allot more people will read this than usual.

These Blackest Night tie ins (With Rings) to the lesser known series have all been pretty well done thus far.

42Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:00 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loved issue #26. This is why I like Booster. Ted coming back must be a hell of a mindfuck, can't wait till he snaps out of it.

43Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:51 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Booster Gold #26

It's apparent the next issue could be an emotional astonishment in comic book lore, as this BN tie-in touches upon the funeral of Ted Kord (Blue Beetle) and Booster Gold's silence upon his reappearance. Plugging in Jamie Reyes was a must since the typically strong backup is missing (still charging $3.99...grr), so all this set-up is fun for readers picking up due to BN but not fun for usual Booster Gold fans. As someone who reads this monthly, and had read Identity Crisis recently, this book did little for me but hope next month something stronger than a middling tie-in is released.

3/5 Bags&Boards - Solid Enough

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

44Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read #26 last night. I haven't read the last three or so issues. I've bought them, but haven't read them. I was close to dropping the book. I love BG, but my thought was if I'm not clamoring to read each issue then maybe I should drop it. Then I read #26. I REALLY liked it. I'm sticking with this book.

45Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I know it was for the benefit of potential new readers to get up to speed on the relationships between the characters (and what an extended family Booster has acquired recently!) but I think the back story exposition slowed the pace a little and felt like padding. When we finally get to the main event, the showdown between Booster and Black Lantern Ted, it seemed rushed and missed an opportunity to capitalise on Boosters remorse regarding his old friend's death and his inability to accept it, which we'd just spent 15 odd pages being reminded of. Also despite taking all that time on back story flashbacks there was no explanation of who Daniel and Rose are and their significance to Booster so that new readers must have been wondering who this boring bickering couple are and why a zombie beetlemobile just dropped on their house.

46Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:13 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

RING!

Booster Gold - Page 2 000atg9g

47Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alas, i have no ring Sad

I thought the issue was good but it did seem something to get new readers on to me. I really liked the eulogy parts and did Jurgens change his art for the Blue Beetle segments? i felt like there was a change in style.

48Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:RING!

Booster Gold - Page 2 000atg9g

MINE!

49Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:30 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Spider_Fan14 wrote:alas, i have no ring Sad

I thought the issue was good but it did seem something to get new readers on to me. I really liked the eulogy parts and did Jurgens change his art for the Blue Beetle segments? i felt like there was a change in style.

Probably because those were drawn by Mike Norton.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

50Booster Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:27 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had to get an orange. Had too. This being my first Booster Gold issue, I really liked it. I'm looking forward to the next ish

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum