Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

"V"

+34
pumkinheadfan
Aussiemandias
Cliff
Goof
Spider_Fan14
kidspider2099
Rath99
tstrike99
(._Y_.)
Sandman
Combo Mo
Batman25JM
Fresh03
AlienIncognito
hrdwrkngXsoldier
MillionDollarGeek
Gojiratoho
Spaced4SimonPegg
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
comicgeekelly
Metal Misfit
ChrisToPhenom
SexyToaster
blue halo
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
Denim
rwe1138
Off_White_Lantern
jaydee74
Debaser77
superdoug
FroZen
38 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1"V" Empty "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:04 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched the original V miniseries and V the finial battle this weekend on SYFY and of course the new remake of V will be airing on ABC this fall. Is anyone else looking forward to seeing this remade? My wife is really excited about it but after watching the original I have my doubts.

I loved the original as a kid and rewatching it this weekend really made me appreciate it that much more.

2"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:32 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually, the more I see of the new series (which, by all accounts, is NOT a remake), the more excited I am to check it out. With shows like LOST, Fringe, Flash Forward and others, I think that the series could be very awesome, if approached correctly.

The only thing I worry about is the way it's being offered. Four weeks of original episodes, then it goes on hiatus until after the Winter Olympics; some time in March. So, a gap that large could be a hard thing for the show to come back from, but if it's good enough, fans will keep a candle in the window for it.

I liked the original series as well, but I'm not worried about a remake. I mean, Battlestar Galactica didn't suffer from being remade; in fact, the new series made the old one look like it was done by community theater people.

3"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Check out the site for a review of the V Premiere. It should be up by Friday.

4"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm interested in this series. Hopefully the remake will make the show fresh, new and interesting while keeping the feel of the old series. The cast is very good and I like the way they have been promoting the show. I'll be watching it for sure.

5"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:56 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I guess I spoke to soon calling it a "remake". It will be interesting to see what changes they make.

I'll definately be checking out the Pop! review of the premiere.

6"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:58 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OH NO! I just realized that it'll be on the same time as Biggest Loser...there will be an epic battle of wills for the Big t.v. on Tuesday night.

7"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Show looks great. Not really a remake anymore than Battlestar was. TV Guide reviewed the pilot and gave it thumbs up. The reviewer actually said he had watched the pilot 4 times so it will probably knock your socks off.

8"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:57 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Mmm, Morena Baccarin.

And Alan Tudyk! Firefly-sense tingling...

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

9"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

rwe1138 wrote:Mmm, Morena Baccarin.

With a cute lil' bob haircut, no less.

I wub her.

10"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am not getting my hopes up. 4 episodes are completed, ABC had them change the pilot a bit and placed the show on hiatus to see how these 4 will do. That is not a good sign at all. If ABC thought there was a chance it would do well they would of at least let them continue filming more episodes. I find it odd that they are really advertising the heck out of it though.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

11"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:31 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ They were blowing it up on SyFy yesterday during the original. I really do hope it gets a good reception and is a quality show. The large gap between it's Mid-season start and when/if they pick it up in the spring may end up being the factor that makes or breaks this. I know personally I hate it when they do that to shows.

12"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I hope it does well...reports say the creators have mapped out a four-season storyline.

13"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:I watched the original V miniseries and V the finial battle this weekend on SYFY and of course the new remake of V will be airing on ABC this fall. Is anyone else looking forward to seeing this remade? My wife is really excited about it but after watching the original I have my doubts.

I loved the original as a kid and rewatching it this weekend really made me appreciate it that much more.
Holy shit, that's what I did with my DVR! I just watched the original last night on Syfy, and will watch Final Battle and the series.

And ya, can't wait for the new one. Thank you, DVR. Wink

14"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:54 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've gotta get a damn DVR...especially since V will be on Tuesday nights which is The Biggest Loser night at my house, Wife and son are both hooked on that damn show. I'm hoping that by threatning to switch to Direct TV that Dish Network will hook me up with an upgrade for free cuz I need some High-Def going on too.

So tomorrow night I'll most likely be sitting in my kids room watching V on a 13" t.v. cuz I'll get out voted and I'm a really nice guy who won't put up a fight if that's really what my family wants to watch on the 60". Really need to get a Reciever for my bedroom so I can put the t.v. in there to good use.

15"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My boyfriend is having a complete geekgasm over this show, and it's becoming contagious. He's a big fan of the original series. We watched the whole marathon yesterday, and I have to say that it was pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward to it, and extremely pissed off that they're having such a large gap between the first 4 episodes and the rest of the season. Bitches. Mad I'd say that if this is even one-tenth as awesome as the Battlestar remake, I'll continue to watch.

http://likeitderby.com

16"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:41 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'm kinda looking forward to this. The original series freaked me out as a child (or so I vaguely remember). I should rewatch that.

17"V" Empty Re: "V" Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I recommend everyone to read V: The Second Generation by Kenneth Johnson. He created the original show and was pretty much dumped from it after the 1st mini-series. In this book he picks up 20 years after the first mini series and ignores everything in the final battle and the reg. series. The book was pretty awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

18"V" Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:12 am

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wanna see Elizabeth Mitchell kick some alien ass.

19"V" Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Denim wrote:I am not getting my hopes up. 4 episodes are completed, ABC had them change the pilot a bit and placed the show on hiatus to see how these 4 will do. That is not a good sign at all. If ABC thought there was a chance it would do well they would of at least let them continue filming more episodes. I find it odd that they are really advertising the heck out of it though.

Never heard any of this before and TV Guide almost always reports these issues (Dollhouse had these exact same problems with a reshot premier) They dont film multi million dollar episodes without seeing how the show will do its just not how they film shows anymore (think Bionic Woman)

Anyway TV Guide gave the premier very positive reviews sooooo I will say this is almost surely a hit show. It was supposed to air this week so nothing crazy happened and it was NOT originally intended to premier at the start of the season.

20"V" Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YouTube is advertising this show right now...I have never seen anything connected to it but I seem to be really excited for this. A re-adaption of an '80s show? Could this be as epic as Batterstar Galactica'a re-adaption? I can't wait until tonight-I might just record my teen dramas to catch this on point. Morena Baccarin from Firefly, eh? Hm...

21"V" Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:56 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tonight, tonight, tonight...ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

V's gonna be on tonight, tonight, tonight....oooohhhhoooohhhhhh...

nothing says excitement like Phil Collins neutral

22"V" Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hot.
"V" Morena-baccarin-v-tv-series-promo-mq-03

23"V" Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:34 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja