Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Linkin Park Album

+3
shiky800
Sci-Fi
ChrisToPhenom
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Linkin Park Album Empty New Linkin Park Album Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:49 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wikipedia-

In May 2009, Linkin Park announced that they were working on their fourth album which will be released in 2010, with the aim for it to be "genre-busting". Shinoda also stated recently in an interview with IGN that the new album will have in comparison to Minutes to Midnight a bigger "thread of consistency" and will also be more experimental and "hopefully more cutting-edge". Additionally the band's other vocalist Chester Bennington confirmed in an interview with Taipei Times that Rick Rubin returns as the producer of the new album.

I'll sure pick this up including the 10th anniversary edition of Hybrid Theory. I can't wait one bit. - CTP

2New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Sounds good.

3New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:56 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well to be honest i thought the last one was pretty weak.

4New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:30 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From the information they've announced, I'd say we'll be happy with the 4th album...I have a good feeling for this. "Genre-busting"? That term could be they're answer to their fans...

5New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:54 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

In December 2009, Shinoda mentioned in a chat with members of the Linkin Park Underground fan club, that five songs are finished; on one song Shinoda raps, on another one Shinoda and Bennington sing back and forth, Bennington sings alone on one song and both vocalists sing together on the other two songs. In January, the band started with a second batch of five songs, while the album artwork has already been in progress.

6New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:18 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked "Minutes...", but it is definitely the worst album.

Plus, it was really bad of them lyrically to go from never uttering a single "hell" or "damn" previously, to saying "fuck" 80 times in each song on MtM...

Rolling Eyes

7New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:09 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:I liked "Minutes...", but it is definitely the worst album.

Plus, it was really bad of them lyrically to go from never uttering a single "hell" or "damn" previously, to saying "fuck" 80 times in each song on MtM...

Rolling Eyes
That did surprise me...

8New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Minutes to Midnight was absolute garbage. I liked the mash ups they did with Jay-Z, which a lot of people didn't like, but oh dear lord, MtM pretty much made me stop being a fan.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

9New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Linkin Park's Tribute to Haiti, Not Alone-

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

10New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:09 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Minutes was a weak album, with the exception of a few cool tunes. I hope this one's better, but I doubt it. Meteora was their best effort, IMO

11New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:10 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They still exist? Oh, that's right, they had a track on one of the Transformers movies. unsure ...and the Twilight flick. Rolling Eyes

2001, I was in 9th grade, and that's when I knew rapcore was pretty much dead. Seems Linkin Park didn't, though, and that's when they took off. Go figure.

12New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News from Twitter-

Chester: "I myself. Promise that the new LP is f***ing insane. Complex. Heavy without metal. Strong hiphop. Mix HT and M2M. Melodic"

Mike: "I appreciate your concern. I have two comments, to help give you some insight into our process. First, we don’t know when the album is coming out; we are recording constantly and doing everything we can to make a great record (ready for release in 2010). We have some new, special ideas for this release, and those ideas have delayed it slightly–but not into 2011.

Secondly, I said we’d “release music more often,” not “albums”…between the DBS record, “New Divide,” “Not Alone,” the tracks I’ve done with other artists (Metric, Lupe, Kenna, Cypress Hill, Apathy, etc.), the iPhone game and song, and any other unforeseen things that might happen before the album release, I think we’ve proven that statement to be very true."

I personally think Mike's tweet is more reliable but I think this album will be gold.

13New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

Parts of the Interviews with Rob Bourdon on 03/03/2010.

allUK3473: How is the new album coming? What is the sound? Much like LP’s old stuff or something completely new?

1rolphb: what is the name of the new cd and when does it come out?

Rbourdon: We don’t have a name for the new CD yet, and not sure when it will be out. Hopefully sometime within the first half of next year.

Damn...I guess they'll release after the 10th anniversary is out of the way. Sad - CTP

Ayinka: Hi Rob, its been awhile. I think we deserve a little info on the new album. I just want to know if you have an album title set and a possible name for your first single. Also are you guys going have projekt revolution 2010? love Ayinka Williams

Rbourdon: New album is coming along great, we’re exploring a lot of new territory musically, and we’re very excited for you guys to hear it. It’s hard to say exactly what it will sound like until we get a little further into the process.

B_Rox2LP_90: Hi Rob! I’ve seen on Mike’s blog that you guys have already “completed” 5 songs for the new album. Can you go into more detail about the style of the songs so far?

Rbourdon: B-Rox- We have 5 songs that are close to being finished. THey are definitely unique and don’t sound like anything we have done before. It’s hard to describe them, but you will hear them soon enough.

danielpsoad09: Hi Rob. This is Daniel from Chile! In which way will your drumming in the new album be different if you compare it with your previous work? i.e, are you using double pedals or more progressive rythms or anything else? Thanks

Rbourdon: danielpsoad09: I’m currently working on a couple songs that are making me feel like i’m trying to crack a code to find the right drum part that will complete the song. The sounds are very unique and it’s difficult to find a live drum part that compliments

Rbourdon: the electronic sounds without taking away from what we’ve accomplished with those new sounds.

Rbourdon: It’s a really fun challenge. I think that my drumming is going to have to evolve to make this amazing.

General_itals: Hey Rob, im kinda hungry, hope ur not, but uh, are you guys planning on releasing any remix albums such as Reanimation or Collision course again?

Rbourdon:
No plans to release any remix albums right now, just focused on new music. But, it’s always possible it could happen in the future.

nkramar: Do you plan on celebrating the Hybrid Theory 10th anniversary in any special form? Maybe playing the whole CD live start to finish?

Rbourdon: nkramar: Yes we’ve talked about doing something special for the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory, but not sure what exactly we will do yet. I can’t believe it’s been 10 years.

Mike Shinoda's chat it coming soon... - CTP

14New Linkin Park Album Empty Re: New Linkin Park Album Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Linkin Park Album 1262842632.77415.8bitrebellioniPhoneimage

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum