Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010

+4
Chi-Town Spidey
Silent K
Administrator
Tiger
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Cadet
Cadet

BRAND NEW CON!

CYPHAN is a Dragon*Con style convention coming to the Chicago area next June. Generally speaking, it focuses on:

- Costuming
- Dealer Hall (collectibles, costuming supplies, comics, media, etc.)
- Nightly Con-Wide Parties
- Media Guests (current ones, not Lou Ferrigno and Todd Bridges)
- Seminars / Workshops

While it is not a comic show like C2E2, it will have comic dealers and it will have seminars and workshops on writing comics, breaking into the biz, etc. There will be a lot of comic cosplayers there of course, along with every other costume under the sun.

Check it out!

www.cyphan.com

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

That was fast...

Welcome aboard, Tiger!

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Glad we figured out your registering probs, Tiger!

"Dragon Con -style"? Does that mean I'll get an STD? YES!

Tiger

Tiger
Cadet
Cadet

Well gents, I move fast. cool Thanks for clearing up my registration issues and the hearty welcome!

STD's are not included in your convention admission, sorry to say. We would be happy to provide you with a list of time-tested methods of getting one however (the night of the Imperial Ball is usually money if you play your cards right). Just ask for Dr. Love when you register.

God bless you and all who sail on you!

Mike (ps: if anybody is tight with any local comic retailers that they feel might want tables, drop me a PM. I am all about LOCAL people)

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Cosplay-Con Chicago deserves! LOL.

Friends tell me I have to go to Dragon-con, now I don't have to, it's all coming to me! Mwwwhha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tiger wrote:Well gents, I move fast. cool Thanks for clearing up my registration issues and the hearty welcome!

STD's are not included in your convention admission, sorry to say. We would be happy to provide you with a list of time-tested methods of getting one however (the night of the Imperial Ball is usually money if you play your cards right). Just ask for Dr. Love when you register.

Mike (ps: if anybody is tight with any local comic retailers that they feel might want tables, drop me a PM. I am all about LOCAL people)
I Lol'd hard enough to almost pee.

Spider-Man wrote:The Cosplay-Con Chicago deserves! LOL.

Friends tell me I have to go to Dragon-con, now I don't have to, it's all coming to me! Mwwwhha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
Man anywhere you drive to is a Cosplay-Con, you bust out the booties and webs whenever you want murder charges dropped I love you Wink

http://realityfugitives.com/

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Esbat wrote:
Man anywhere you drive to is a Cosplay-Con, you bust out the booties and webs whenever you want murder charges dropped I love you Wink

lmao

Tiger

Tiger
Cadet
Cadet

That's the idea, my web spinning amigo!

The reason I equate it to D*C is not because it's a crush of 40,000 people in sweltering Atlanta heat, but instead because of the SPIRIT behind it. The convention formerly known as WW, and the upcoming C2E2 are comic shows that some cosplayers dress for. Those shows aren't really FOR us though. It's fun and all that, don't get me wrong, but with D*C and CYPHAN... the folks that are there are MOSTLY cosplayers. It's way more fun (and challenging creatively) when you know you are dressing for your peers, and how much time and effort people have put into their costume. There's also more motivation for larger groups to attend (like ALL the Midwest Browncoats for example) because of this focus. We've got costuming seminars and workshops lined up already, everything from sewing and understanding patterns to making your own vacu-forming machine. There will also be more prop vendors there too than you'd find at a comic-only show.

That being said, comics are absolutely a part of it! Dealers, workshops/seminars, some artists. It's all there too!

My personal favorite part is the nightly stuff. Instead of the dealer hall closing and everybody is left to fend for themselves like at WW or C2E2, we have con-wide parties. Friday night is the costume contest (with after-party to follow). Saturday night is the Imperial Ball. Both have cash bars and go til 1:00 am. I like keeping everybody together as a group... a big drunk group but a group nonetheless.

afro

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
Tiger wrote:Well gents, I move fast. cool Thanks for clearing up my registration issues and the hearty welcome!

Someone has to do it! Very Happy Don't see you stepping up your game! Laughing

Tiger wrote:That's the idea, my web spinning amigo!

The reason I equate it to D*C is not because it's a crush of 40,000 people in sweltering Atlanta heat, but instead because of the SPIRIT behind it. The convention formerly known as WW, and the upcoming C2E2 are comic shows that some cosplayers dress for. Those shows aren't really FOR us though. It's fun and all that, don't get me wrong, but with D*C and CYPHAN... the folks that are there are MOSTLY cosplayers. It's way more fun (and challenging creatively) when you know you are dressing for your peers, and how much time and effort people have put into their costume. There's also more motivation for larger groups to attend (like ALL the Midwest Browncoats for example) because of this focus. We've got costuming seminars and workshops lined up already, everything from sewing and understanding patterns to making your own vacu-forming machine. There will also be more prop vendors there too than you'd find at a comic-only show.

That being said, comics are absolutely a part of it! Dealers, workshops/seminars, some artists. It's all there too!

My personal favorite part is the nightly stuff. Instead of the dealer hall closing and everybody is left to fend for themselves like at WW or C2E2, we have con-wide parties. Friday night is the costume contest (with after-party to follow). Saturday night is the Imperial Ball. Both have cash bars and go til 1:00 am. I like keeping everybody together as a group... a big drunk group but a group nonetheless.

afro

Awesome!

10CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:
Esbat wrote:

Someone has to do it! Very Happy Don't see you stepping up your game! Laughing

That awful Spider-Man keeps murdering old ladies and leaving a trail of wheatcakes to their bodies.

http://realityfugitives.com/

11CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
That awful Spider-Man keeps murdering old ladies and leaving a trail of wheatcakes to their bodies.

The funny part is that YOU fall for it EVERYTIME! Laughing

12CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Solstrom

Solstrom
Cadet
Cadet

And look for Wizard to schedule a competing con that same weekend in Chicago in 3...2...1....

13CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Solstrom wrote:And look for Wizard to schedule a competing con that same weekend in Chicago in 3...2...1....

BOOYAH!

14CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Cadet
Cadet

"And look for Wizard to schedule a competing con that same weekend in Chicago in 3...2...1...."

File that under: scenarios I am not afraid of.

lol!

Mike

15CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

Pete, you never cease to amaze me lol

Esbat wrote: Man anywhere you drive to is a Cosplay-Con, you bust out the booties and webs whenever you want murder charges dropped I love you Wink
LOL
p.s., your banner is sexy!

Solstrom wrote:And look for Wizard to schedule a competing con that same weekend in Chicago in 3...2...1....
Hiyoooooooooo!

Mike! Talk about who will be there!

http://www.1womanshow.com

16CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Cadet
Cadet

"Mike! Talk about who will be there!"

You mean OTHER than you? :-) Well there are two very popular, beautiful and talented ladies who will be appearing that I think folks will be excited about...

NICKI CLYNE ("Cally" from Battlestar Galactica)
CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Nicki-clyne

JEWEL STAITE ("Kaylee" from Firefly and "Dr. Jennifer Keller" from SG-Atlantis)
CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Jewel-staite-741099

Other special guests may be added as the show gets closer, but I'm THRILLED to have these two amazing actresses coming to the con!

Mike

17CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

Oh for fuck's sake, Mike lol

18CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:58 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tiger wrote:JEWEL STAITE ("Kaylee" from Firefly and "Dr. Jennifer Keller" from SG-Atlantis)
CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Jewel-staite-741099

Shocked

I love you

19CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

^ Chris, you wanna carpool? Smile

20CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:25 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Possibly. I'll be able to answer more indefinitely closer to the date.

21CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Cadet
Cadet

I should have mentioned that Jewel is going to be at a PRIVATE VIP party on Saturday night called the "Browncoat Bash." It's OPEN BAR for 2 hours, "browncoat" music, and limited to 200 people. Jewel will be there at least 1 hour guaranteed. Cost is only $75.00. I think Wizard would have charged at least this and NOT had it be open freaking bar.

Tickets at: www.cyphan.com

SHINY!!! cool

22CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Empty Re: CYPHAN - Wheeling, IL June 25-27, 2010 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:20 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

Dudes, check the site.
More updates and mega awesomeness.

Uhhh cast members from original Friday the 13th? Don't mind if I doooo!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum