Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+41
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
The Ignored One
goatt
Demonweasel
Administrator
comicgeekelly
Denim
Tripper McGee
GigaToast
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Chi-Town Spidey
krpykrwly
Batman25JM
melvinlikechris
elijahdprophet
potatojoe
Sci-Fi
Mnemosis
jaydee74
Lee
Sean T. Collins
shining knight
Captain Painway
wickidchyld
Silent K
(._Y_.)
Combo Mo
Esbat
The Chris Ward Experience
Debaser77
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Rath99
45 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 40]

126The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:Friends was quality, but it definitely jumped the shark a bit during the whole Rachel and Joey debacle. Still pretty funny, though.
Oh yeah, that was complete garbage.

She was soooo hot for the first five years or so, and then Courtney Cox started to look better.
I thought Courtney Cox looked the best in the beginning, but aged terribly as the show progressed. Jennifer Aniston started good and pretty much stayed golden throughout the entire series.

As for the dip in quality towards the end, the show became too dependent on the humor stemming from call-backs to earlier episodes. I like a show to reward its fans, but it shouldn't be the bulk of the humor. I can't imagine that anyone who watched an episode from the last couple of seasons without ever seeing a previous season would find it very funny. The characters became entrenched in their own stereotypes and turned into one-note jokes. It wasn't a terrible show, and there was some good to be had, but overall it was mediocre and flat. They flirted way too much with the Ross & Rachel "Will they or won't they" storyline and by the end, I just didn't care if they were together or not. I'll buy the show on DVD someday, but may not bother with the last three seasons.

I actually didn't start watching Friends until it's 8th season. I had never seen an episode before that, and I still found it hilarious.

127The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:57 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Guys...great job last night. Had a blast until my sink ran a link and I missed most of the second hour. If it happened during the Conway interview I would be walking in 6 inches of water...with a smile on my face Smile

128The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it's already been answered, I apologize in advance, but I have to know: who did you guys have to blow to score the interview with Batman?

129The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bruce Wayne.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

130The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

sadtrombone.com

131The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:03 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:sadtrombone.com

I chuckled. flower

132The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think K-Nice was blowing Conroy during the interview, that's why he wasn't talking much.

133The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I felt horribly guilty for even thinking about correcting Conroy when he referred to Bruce Wayne Sr. instead of Thomas Wayne. If Kevin Conroy says it's Bruce Wayne Sr., it's Bruce Wayne Sr. DC, make it so!

134The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good job guys!! The Conroy Popcast rocked and it sounds even better with the download!

Awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

135The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Joshua wrote:If Kevin Conroy says it's Bruce Wayne Sr., it's Bruce Wayne Sr. DC, make it so!

We could force an honest to God Retcon!

136The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Have you guys thought about sending a link to Aint It Cool News or Newsarama? You'd get crazy traffic if they published it.

137The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

We should definitely put a press release together for this.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

138The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Have you guys thought about sending a link to Aint It Cool News or Newsarama? You'd get crazy traffic if they published it.

Good idea! You should be paid for an idea like that!
Hey and it will actually be "As reported on Panels on Pages" lol

139The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I seriously do HOPE he does come to C2E2! Email already sent!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

140The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Joshua wrote:If it's already been answered, I apologize in advance, but I have to know: who did you guys have to blow to score the interview with Batman?

It was actually amazingly easy. I don't know HOW Matt got the contact info, but everything after that was cake. Kevin's publicist was a joy to work with.

Rath99 wrote:I think K-Nice was blowing Conroy during the interview, that's why he wasn't talking much.

I could hear some heavy breathing early on, and I was terrified that K-Nice was hyperventilating.

Joshua wrote:I felt horribly guilty for even thinking about correcting Conroy when he referred to Bruce Wayne Sr. instead of Thomas Wayne. If Kevin Conroy says it's Bruce Wayne Sr., it's Bruce Wayne Sr. DC, make it so!

Similarly, Wendy's needs to start flame broiling their burgers.

141The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Joshua wrote:Have you guys thought about sending a link to Aint It Cool News or Newsarama? You'd get crazy traffic if they published it.

Good idea! You should be paid for an idea like that!
Hey and it will actually be "As reported on Panels on Pages" lol

It'd be pretty cool to see a link to PoP that's not about how it killed the WUMB and is pissing on it's grave.

142The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
I could hear some heavy breathing early on, and I was terrified that K-Nice was hyperventilating.
I can't say I blame him. Every time Kevin would bust out the Batman voice I got chills. I haven't even listened to the rest of the podcast yet, but this definitely earns a spot in my top three podcasts. I'm amazed how long he stayed on the show and how comfortable and cool he was. I'll be geeking out over this for days.

My only regret is not thinking to ask him if he ever worked directly with Paul Williams until after y'all had recorded.

Also, it should be noted that I never asked what cheeseburger joint he recommended. I'd hate to be given credit for something I didn't do.

143The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

We discussed that after the fact in the second half of the show.

144The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:32 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I cant believe you guys asked the cheeseburger question! Laughing

If Batman says they flamebroil cheeseburgers at Wendy's than is should be so.

145The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

my god I'm hyperventilating and I'm just listening to it....he mentioned my fave episode!

146The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

That was me breathing into the mic. I need a pop screen.

147The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Lee wrote:That was me breathing into the mic. I need a pop screen.

A pop screen? What's this?

148The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Could've been me, too. I've been having some sinus trubbs.

149The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just assumed Butch was on the line.

150The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Mnemosis wrote:
A pop screen? What's this?
The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 6 Istockphoto_5140217-microphone-and-pop-screen

This thing. It basically keeps the breathing noises and pops and shit from getting through to the mic. Handy tool since I'm actually using a vocal microphone and not a headset. I should have gotten one months ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum