Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night: JSA

+9
Bigtymin504
Batman25JM
Esbat
Spider_Fan14
Metal Misfit
Aussiemandias
shiky800
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:33 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Meh on #3. Okay mini, but not fantastic. Although it's always nice to see Michael using his intelligence to win the day.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

27Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Meh on #3. Okay mini, but not fantastic. Although it's always nice to see Michael using his intelligence to win the day.

Agreed

28Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:52 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:Meh on #3. Okay mini, but not fantastic. Although it's always nice to see Michael using his intelligence to win the day.

Agreed

Agreed as well.

29Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:04 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed it. They read so fast. The prestige format is decieving with being a seemingly thick comic/story. Lead too much into the main series without giving a decent finality to what the JSA had went through, IMO.

This is just another example of James Robinson's current writing that I'm starting to consider that he's not great at keeping up that much with modern continuity. He is, of course, great at digging up things, retconning and writing a damned good story if the rest of the universe doesn't bother him. (Starman) I hope he pulls his stuff together. And that isn't a sweeping statement saying that the guy is sucking, just not up to par is all.

30Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jamal thunder?

huh?

also wasn't too keen on the "deus ex machina that conviently doesn't work after one attack" at the end of the issue

31Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Jamal thunder?

huh?

also wasn't too keen on the "deus ex machina that conviently doesn't work after one attack" at the end of the issue

Same here.

32Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:21 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ What deus ex machina? Terrific came up with a grand source of light that encomapassed a large area to defeat them.

33Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

which doesn't work after one use

therefore deus ex machina

34Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:
That was an absolute crock of shit! I couldn't believe what I was reading. "Those components were unique. This was strictly a one time thing." Oh give me a break! That was the icing on the shitty tasting Robinson cake for me at the moment.

On a brighter note, what bits of this book that Eddy Barrows drew were really, really good. His art keeps looking better and better to me.

35Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, to be fair, STAR Labs was what was containing the amalgamation of energy. The same place that was toppled by Damage, E2 Superman and then finally the light wave's blast. So, although not stated clearly, it is safe to say that STAR Labs being what it is, that it would be a unique experiment that'd be difficult to duplicate without STAR Labs.

Oh, and STAR Labs. tongue

36Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:17 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it still stinks of "with one button they all died oh and by the way we can't make another one so those guys in the main story are humped"

its just lazy writing

37Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#3 was definitely better than the previous issues. I would have liked to see a better interaction between Kal-L and Power Girl though, I still think it would have had more impact earlier on in Blackest Night when we weren't so sure what these Black Lanterns were. The deus ex ending was kinda meh, but I haven't been expecting anything too profound from these BL minis anyway.

38Blackest Night: JSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackest Night: JSA Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This series overall was ok. Nothing about it really excited me other than the Power Girl vs Black Lantern Suoerman and Jessie Quick vs Johnny Quick. I liked those a lot. Other than that? It was ok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum