Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dallas Comic Con

+6
Sci-Fi
Joshua
rwe1138
potatojoe
Silent K
vikoros
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still not sure which day I'll go if I make it, but I'm leaning towards Sunday to avoid the crowds.

The Variants crew will be there both days and will be doing Terrible Sketches for $1. Stop by and tell them Josh sent you. Smile

27Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:07 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ will do. yes

28Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty oh and i'll be there too! Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:13 pm

oznagol

oznagol
Cadet
Cadet

DCC is the best show in Dallas wait it's the only one! i love it. hey potato joe, and art whore!

http://covens-oz.deviantart.com

29Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They just let anyone on the internet nowadays ninja

30Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:42 pm

oznagol

oznagol
Cadet
Cadet

yep just not 500 feet near a school or park lol

http://covens-oz.deviantart.com

31Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hopefully, I can make it. We were supposed to go out of town this weekend, but the ice and snow that are supposed to come tomorrow have changed those plans. So, there's a slight chance that I can attend.

32Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Day 1 was pretty crowded but nonetheless a good time. Who's coming or day 2? neutral

33Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:33 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be there today. I'm super-excited to meet Tim Sale.

34Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:44 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you guys see Mike Champion there ask to see the cover he did that I'm getting. It'sa zombified Marvels Project cover. Tell me what you think.

35Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't get to hit as many artists as I would have liked, but I had a blast. If I knew where my camera USB cable was I'd post pictures of the Tim Sale sketches I got.

36Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I didn't get to hit as many artists as I would have liked, but I had a blast. If I knew where my camera USB cable was I'd post pictures of the Tim Sale sketches I got.

Post them. I want a Tim Sales sketch. What did he charge?

37Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Joshua wrote:I didn't get to hit as many artists as I would have liked, but I had a blast. If I knew where my camera USB cable was I'd post pictures of the Tim Sale sketches I got.

Post them. I want a Tim Sales sketch. What did he charge?
He filled up his commissions list before I got to him, but he was very cool about doing free head sketches. That being said, I don't know how much a commission would have cost.

38Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:29 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

$150 for a commission. Not that I know anyone who got one. ninja

Rath, your Zombie Spidey Book looks great. The detail in all the zombies is amazing.

39Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:29 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:$150 for a commission. Not that I know anyone who got one. ninja

Rath, your Zombie Spidey Book looks great. The detail in all the zombies is amazing.

A Tim Sale's sketch is high on my wish list.

Looking forward to getting that Zombie Spidey sketch cover in my hands.

40Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:$150 for a commission. Not that I know anyone who got one. ninja
Oh wow, that's exactly how much cash I brought in anticipation of getting a commission, telling myself that if it was anymore then that then it wasn't meant to be. C'est la vie.

41Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:00 pm

mchampion

mchampion
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Jesus, Fulton is on here now?!?!? You POP! guys have got to get on the stick with the quality control thing!

Here's the Zombie Spiderman sketch for Rath. It was a big hit, got lots of compliments on it. Started on a Zombie Captain America, but then got slammed with business out there and didn't get to finish it. Gonna finish it up this week. Smile

Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Marvel_Zombies_Spiderman_by_MChampion

Oh, and I got to draw on a bra. Harley Quinn on one side, Catwoman on the other. It's going to be my new thing, now. (and yes, that's me looking like I'm totally about to molest that poor girl!) Smile

Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Bra_Art__take_2_by_MChampion

http://www.michaelchampion.net

42Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

mchampion wrote:
Oh, and I got to draw on a bra. Harley Quinn on one side, Catwoman on the other. It's going to be my new thing, now. (and yes, that's me looking like I'm totally about to molest that poor girl!) Smile

Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Bra_Art__take_2_by_MChampion
That girl and her boyfriend (I'm assuming) were super cool!

43Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's a little sneak peak:

Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 P1310564

Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 P1310565

Batman and Joker by Nate Bramble. This guy was doing some pretty impressive $5 sketches

Check out his site here. http://www.hermithillcomic.com/

Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 P1310566-1

I love Tim Sale's Joker!

44Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:
Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 P1310566-1

I love Tim Sale's Joker!
Hey, I've got that same sketch! Laughing I wanted a Poison Ivy, but he said that one would take too much time. I did get a great, Mr. Freeze though.

45Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:23 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cool to hear you got a sketch. He wouldnt do them on Saturday. He was completely mobbed and just seemed to be wiped out.

46Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I figure if I can't get one full commission, then two free head sketches isn't too bad. tongue

It's Tim freakin' Sale, I think I would have been thrilled if he had drawn a triangle.

47Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 pm

mchampion

mchampion
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Again with these artists doing the freaking $5 sketches!!! What the hell do they think they're doing undercutting us other artists like that?!?!?!?

(waiting for Potato Joe to chime in now with how my prices have gone up from that Electro sketch...)

http://www.michaelchampion.net

48Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My buddies had a table and were doing $1 and $2 terrible sketches and probably made at least $30-40. I'm not sure what their final tally was, but they did pretty good for a couple of guys with no drawing talent.

49Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:24 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bought 2. Laughing

50Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

mchampion wrote:Again with these artists doing the freaking $5 sketches!!! What the hell do they think they're doing undercutting us other artists like that?!?!?!?

(waiting for Potato Joe to chime in now with how my prices have gone up from that Electro sketch...)

Laughing Amanda swears you'll get up to Adam Hughes prices

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum