Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fraction to take over Thor!

+8
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
shiky800
superdoug
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
Administrator
Bigtymin504
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Batman25JM wrote:Hepzibah (and I think that she had been sorely underused as of late).

Yah, she really has. It's too bad, I like that character. Unfortunately, the last she was shown was in SWORD, where she was being drugged and deported off of Earth!

27Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Fraction's a good writer as long as he stays the hell away from mutants. I'll be picking this up.

28Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Sat May 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Iron Man/Thor FCBD

Heh. Figured I'd talk about this issue here. This was a fun one-n-done story by Frac. Bad guys are trying to terraform the Moon, but it's wrecking havoc on Earth, so its up to Tony and Thor to stop them. I love seeing those two together again, and hopefully we'll see more of it now that Fraction will be writing Thor as well as Iron Man. I really liked JRJR's art here too, it was a nice preview of what we can expect on Avengers. Overall a good little story.

On a side note, FCBD issues from Marvel recently have kinda been subtle previews of things to come, like the BND-type issue a couple years back and the Avengers issue with Thor last year. Just food for thought. Wink

29Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Sun May 02, 2010 6:08 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Hey! Good review on Thor/Iron Man...I enjoyed this while reading out on my back deck...it's nice out! Thanks for the free books, eh?

I don't have much to add, but it was enjoyable...do you think FCBD actually works? Or is it just usual comic fans garbling up free books? I tried to have my ex-girlfriend come with me last year, and she ended up reading several of the free comics...then had no interest in reading anything from there on 'til I bought her the Marvel Divas issues (which she loved)....

It's like anything, you're either a comic fan or aren't...I think it's a wonderful idea, great for publicity and no better time than now with the uprise in popularity of the genre due to movies and graphic novels...

It'd just be nice to see any way of figuring out whether FCBD works or not

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

30Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Hey! Good review on Thor/Iron Man...I enjoyed this while reading out on my back deck...it's nice out! Thanks for the free books, eh?

I don't have much to add, but it was enjoyable...do you think FCBD actually works? Or is it just usual comic fans garbling up free books? I tried to have my ex-girlfriend come with me last year, and she ended up reading several of the free comics...then had no interest in reading anything from there on 'til I bought her the Marvel Divas issues (which she loved)....

It's like anything, you're either a comic fan or aren't...I think it's a wonderful idea, great for publicity and no better time than now with the uprise in popularity of the genre due to movies and graphic novels...

It'd just be nice to see any way of figuring out whether FCBD works or not

Yeah I don't think FCBD will ever bring in a huge influx of new readers, but even if it hooks a few then I think it's done its job. Personally, I never see my LCS as packed, especially with kids, as I do on FCBD. So I do think it's a great way to get people and kids into stores and possibly hook them to a comic or two.

31Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Sun May 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Hepzibah (and I think that she had been sorely underused as of late).

Yah, she really has. It's too bad, I like that character. Unfortunately, the last she was shown was in SWORD, where she was being drugged and deported off of Earth!

All that was fixed/reversed.

32Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Sun May 02, 2010 8:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

For the second consecutive year since I've been recollecting, I've yet to be at any LCS on FCBD so I would have no idea..

I figure I'll avoid the hassle just getting my free books 3 days in advance...lol

33Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Mon May 03, 2010 6:34 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:For the second consecutive year since I've been recollecting, I've yet to be at any LCS on FCBD so I would have no idea..

How long were you out of the game (just out of interest)?

34Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

15 years...but trust me...I went back and read EVERYTHING...

I own and have read nearly all of my 420 trades and hardcovers...and all were purchased in a year and a half!

lol!

35Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Tue May 04, 2010 5:25 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:15 years...but trust me...I went back and read EVERYTHING...

I own and have read nearly all of my 420 trades and hardcovers...and all were purchased in a year and a half!

lol!
I stopped collecting comics from 1992 to 2007 so clocked up 15 years also. I certainly haven't read everything that went on while I was away (the amazing thing is how little has really changed!) but have been slowly getting trades of stuff that sounded interesting to me. However those have mostly been Vertigo books which I would say really took off while I wasn't collecting - an incredible amount of quality work has come out of Vertigo over the last 10 years.

36Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:On a side note, FCBD issues from Marvel recently have kinda been subtle previews of things to come, like the BND-type issue a couple years back and the Avengers issue with Thor last year. Just food for thought. Wink
Wink

Iron Man/Thor 4-issue mini by DnA and Scot Eaton

http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1107752p1.html

Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Thor-ironmancuvfinish_COV_COL

37Fraction to take over Thor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fraction to take over Thor! Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:28 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i like fraction. im interested in seein what he does wit our resident god

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum