Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

1The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Release date: May 5, 2011

Latest news: Antony Hopkins was cast as Odin.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23523

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

2The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:22 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

VERY excited about this one!

3The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow! Cool!
The Official 'Thor' Thread Anthonyhopkins_thewolfman_290The Official 'Thor' Thread Anthony-hopkins-up-for-thor-00-420-75

4The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Boo I wanted brian "mad as fuck" blessed to be odin!

5The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Boo I wanted brian "mad as fuck" blessed to be odin!
I think that wouldn't be a bad choice. I was going to say maybe he's a little old these days but then I thought well so is Anthony Hopkins. I'm thinking Hopkins will do a pretty good job too. A bit more of an intellectual Odin than Blessed might be.

6The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:15 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I forgot all about the Blessed rumor until seeing the reminder at Bleeding Cool.

7The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Slap an eyepatch on that guy! Hopkins should make a pretty good Odin.

8The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Hopkins is a great choice. Check him out in Titus if you don't think he can play a warrior.

9The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Hopkins is the best choice for Odin!

10The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:30 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WARRIORS THREE officially cast!

The Official 'Thor' Thread Thor-warriors-three-fandral

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.10317.Thor_Update~colon~_Warriors_Three_Cast

Stuart Townsend = Fandral
The Official 'Thor' Thread Stuart-2

Tadanobu Asano = Hogun
The Official 'Thor' Thread 180px-Tadanobu_asano

Ray Stevenson = Volstagg????
The Official 'Thor' Thread Ray-stevenson

Umm the only one I don't get is Punisher playing Volstagg...is he fat? scratch

11The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:59 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I wonder why this story was pulled away from every website it was published on...

12The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:22 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I wonder why this story was pulled away from every website it was published on...

Yeah that's weird. But once I saw it on marvel.com I figured it was legit...

13The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

The story was republished, so I guess it IS true... bizarre casting for Volstagg; VERY bizarre.

14The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:The story was republished, so I guess it IS true... bizarre casting for Volstagg; VERY bizarre.

Yeah, I'm guessing there will be some sort of prosthetics and/or fat suit involved...

15The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Quesada and Bendis are RAVING about Kenneth Branagh and production on Thor so far. Here's what they've said on twitter:

Joe:
"I could listen to Branagh talk about Thor all day long. Cast is in place, sets are being built and screenplay is brilliant. Marveldom rules!"

Bendis:
"Broadcasting live from marvel west. Thor movie meeting with Ken branagh was over the top amazing. Visited the sets! I was in Odin's chamber!"

"U should get in line for the Thor movie today. Just saying."

Odin's chamber? Sounds good to me! Can't wait! Very Happy

16The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bendis hasn't been able to shut up about this movie.

17The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Hopkins is a great choice. Check him out in Titus if you don't think he can play a warrior.
But that was 10 years ago. Also, he's 71, a year younger than Blessed. I'm not saying it is a bad choice, Odin doesn't necessarily need battle scenes, and a helmet can help with a double or something. What I wanted to say is that Hopkins has stayed solid and vital with his acting with no signs of decline. Makes age just a number when it comes to his presence, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Bigtymin504 wrote:WARRIORS THREE officially cast!
Tadanobu Asano = Hogun
Hogun is of Eastern Asian descent?

18The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:19 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Hogun is of Eastern Asian descent?

Not really? He's just not one of the Aesir. All that's known about him is that his lands in Asgard were desolated by Mogul the Mystic. He's still an immortal Asgardian, but he's not one of the Aesir. I think he qualifies as one of the Vanir, though.

19The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Tadanobu Asano = Hogun

Aw, man! They should have gone with Mads Mikkelson from King Arthur!

The Official 'Thor' Thread 800px-Mads-701526

20The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another casting announcement, and a surprising one I'd say...
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=12057

British actor IDRIS ELBA (American Gangster) = HEIMDALL

The Official 'Thor' Thread Elba-heimdall

Obviously everyone will say that Elba and Heimdall are different races so its a bad casting lol, but I don't think its a big deal really. Heimdall is a minor character and its not like his race is an integral aspect of the character. Plus, contrary to popular belief, Asgardians are not restricted to just Nordic people, they actually do vary in race.

21The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Plus, contrary to popular belief, Asgardians are not restricted to just Nordic people, they actually do vary in race.
That is true, in a sense. In mythology they weren't technically men, men had the appearance of them (or they had the appearance of men due to sociology always playing into religion). But, they always had an exaggeration of skin-tone, hair, etc. Like, unnaturally white or black. As in actually black or white, not a demographical description for people.

22The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Natalie Portman on why she took Thor:

"I just thought it sounded like a weird idea because Kenneth Branagh's directing it, so I was just like, 'Kenneth Branagh doing 'Thor' is super-weird. I've gotta do it.'"

The Official 'Thor' Thread Natalie2shot

She will make a stunning Jane Foster. wub

23The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:52 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Her reason is good enough for me. She's a good actress.

24The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:59 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kat Dennings joins cast of Thor:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=12140

The Official 'Thor' Thread Kat-Dennings-1173303

Don't know who she'll be playing yet...but hopefully she'll be wearing something similar to ^that dress. neutral

25The Official 'Thor' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:23 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:WARRIORS THREE officially cast!

The Official 'Thor' Thread Thor-warriors-three-fandral

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.10317.Thor_Update~colon~_Warriors_Three_Cast

Stuart Townsend = Fandral
The Official 'Thor' Thread Stuart-2

Tadanobu Asano = Hogun

Ray Stevenson = Volstagg????
The Official 'Thor' Thread Ray-stevenson

Umm the only one I don't get is Punisher playing Volstagg...is he fat? scratch

Bigtymin504 wrote:Another casting announcement, and a surprising one I'd say...
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=12057

British actor IDRIS ELBA (American Gangster) = HEIMDALL

The Official 'Thor' Thread Elba-heimdall

Obviously everyone will say that Elba and Heimdall are different races so its a bad casting lol, but I don't think its a big deal really. Heimdall is a minor character and its not like his race is an integral aspect of the character. Plus, contrary to popular belief, Asgardians are not restricted to just Nordic people, they actually do vary in race.

The casting went from slightly interesting to just plain..."hmmm....". I'm not sure what to make of it. the fanboy within wants to rage, but common sense says that this could work. I hate feeling conflicted. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum