Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

26The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:The casting went from slightly interesting to just plain..."hmmm....". I'm not sure what to make of it. the fanboy within wants to rage, but common sense says that this could work. I hate feeling conflicted. Laughing

Haha I hear you, but I have a great deal of confidence in Branagh so far, he seems to really know what he's doing. Plus, Marvel Studios' track record has been pretty damn good on their independently produced films so far so I'll trust that they know what they're doing, for now at least lol.

On a side note, I've seen a few online fanboys outraged that Heimdall will be played by a black actor, which I find a little over the top. I mean, Heimdall is a minor character AT BEST in Marvel Asgard, I don't see why its a big deal to alter him a bit for the sake of a liiiitle diversity. And it seems that some people are under the impression that a Marvel Asgardian = Nordic/Scandinavian exclusively. That's just not true. Just because Marvel Asgard is loosely based on characters from Norse Mythology, does not mean they are the same thing. In fact, most Marvel Asgardians have been radically altered beyond recognition when compared to the actual Norse gods.

Plus, there's a case to be made that Marvel's Asgard already has a certain degree of diversity beyond just Nordic people. We already know about Hogun being Mongolian. Plus, I would argue that Volstagg's look and personality have Irish inspiration (even if stereotypical lol), Fandral is clearly based off Robin Hood of English folklore, and Sif being more Mediterranean (Greek/Italian) inspired on account of her dark hair, features, and olivey skin tone. Now yes, these are all still European, but what do you expect when they were created in a time when racial diversity (especially for African Americans) was never taken into account. But the point is, Marvel Asgardians are NOT all supposed to be Nordic so its not a big deal if a minor character is made black.

/rant Laughing

27The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe he'll wear white-face.

28The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:56 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Badum-dum-chhh.

Heimdall was, and still is to some people, a religious figure, despite Marvel's fictional take. Heh.
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Heimdall
Yep. He's kind of white. Wink

29The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:The casting went from slightly interesting to just plain..."hmmm....". I'm not sure what to make of it. the fanboy within wants to rage, but common sense says that this could work. I hate feeling conflicted. Laughing

Haha I hear you, but I have a great deal of confidence in Branagh so far, he seems to really know what he's doing. Plus, Marvel Studios' track record has been pretty damn good on their independently produced films so far so I'll trust that they know what they're doing, for now at least lol.

On a side note, I've seen a few online fanboys outraged that Heimdall will be played by a black actor, which I find a little over the top. I mean, Heimdall is a minor character AT BEST in Marvel Asgard, I don't see why its a big deal to alter him a bit for the sake of a liiiitle diversity. And it seems that some people are under the impression that a Marvel Asgardian = Nordic/Scandinavian exclusively. That's just not true. Just because Marvel Asgard is loosely based on characters from Norse Mythology, does not mean they are the same thing. In fact, most Marvel Asgardians have been radically altered beyond recognition when compared to the actual Norse gods.

Plus, there's a case to be made that Marvel's Asgard already has a certain degree of diversity beyond just Nordic people. We already know about Hogun being Mongolian. Plus, I would argue that Volstagg's look and personality have Irish inspiration (even if stereotypical lol), Fandral is clearly based off Robin Hood of English folklore, and Sif being more Mediterranean (Greek/Italian) inspired on account of her dark hair, features, and olivey skin tone. Now yes, these are all still European, but what do you expect when they were created in a time when racial diversity (especially for African Americans) was never taken into account. But the point is, Marvel Asgardians are NOT all supposed to be Nordic so its not a big deal if a minor character is made black.

/rant Laughing

Indeed. I think those fanboys are jumping the gun and giving in to their inner fanboy. When one sits and think sbaout it, it makes perfect sense. Even more so when we take Marvel's version of Asgard into consideration, and even more so when we take into consideration, as has been mentioned I believe already, that Marvel's gods look the way they do because we assume them to look as such or want them too. It would be interesting if this is dropped into the movie. In any case, I hope they act in a manner that highlights the main points of each character, for example, Hogun being something of a grump and all that. I wonder how all of these guys will look when all is said and done. I have a hard time seeing such bright colors on display for most of these guys. Leather, a la Xena and Hercules shows may work. And the facial hair, imagine all that facial hair Laughing .

30The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:08 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I want to sex this movie's face.

31The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

/rant Laughing

Indeed. I think those fanboys are jumping the gun and giving in to their inner fanboy. When one sits and think sbaout it, it makes perfect sense. Even more so when we take Marvel's version of Asgard into consideration, and even more so when we take into consideration, as has been mentioned I believe already, that Marvel's gods look the way they do because we assume them to look as such or want them too. It would be interesting if this is dropped into the movie. In any case, I hope they act in a manner that highlights the main points of each character, for example, Hogun being something of a grump and all that. I wonder how all of these guys will look when all is said and done. I have a hard time seeing such bright colors on display for most of these guys. Leather, a la Xena and Hercules shows may work. And the facial hair, imagine all that facial hair Laughing .

I envision a very Middle Earth-type look to this film. If you think about it, its pretty damn awesome that we're getting the first superhero film with LotR-like sword and sorcery elements. Should be a uniquely badass movie! yes

Silent K wrote:I want to sex this movie's face.
Laughing

32The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:41 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Vladimir Kulich...if he was 10 or 15 years younger, he'd be perfect for this role.

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Thor-horz

33The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:46 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd totally understand if they used the Earth X type of thingy with it. They are the forms of what people see as, in a collective conscious.

Silent K wrote:I want to sex this movie's face.
We know, Knize. We know you're horny.

34The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:36 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Kat Dennings joins cast of Thor:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=12140

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Kat-Dennings-1173303

Don't know who she'll be playing yet...but hopefully she'll be wearing something similar to ^that dress. neutral

UPDATE: Kat Dennings will be playing a character named Darcy that works with Jane Foster (Natalie Portman).

35The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:45 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We already heard this, but its been confirmed that Donald Blake WILL NOT be in this movie.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=12194

Also for those of you that don't know, Jamie Alexander will be playing Sif.

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 2czu1dt

Smile

36The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:58 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Then how the hell will Jane Foster play into that story? Either they mix Asgard with Thor on Earth, or they focus only on Asgard. How else is Thor going to get to Earth for the first time? Unless they're going to use the Jake Olsen or Sigurd Jarlson identities.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

37The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
UPDATE: Kat Dennings will be playing a character named Darcy that works with Jane Foster (Natalie Portman).

I don't know Marvel's Thor all that well, so excuse my ignorance, but could someone tell me if Darcy is a character or is she made for the film?

Bigtymin504 wrote:We already heard this, but its been confirmed that Donald Blake WILL NOT be in this movie.
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=12194
Also for those of you that don't know, Jamie Alexander will be playing Sif.
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 2czu1dt
Smile
I've seen her before, but I haven't watched much of her filmography. I'm trying to think of the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode she played a character named Tammy. Is that the pharmacist girl in D.E.N.N.I.S. System?

Tomer Soiker wrote:Then how the hell will Jane Foster play into that story? Either they mix Asgard with Thor on Earth, or they focus only on Asgard. How else is Thor going to get to Earth for the first time? Unless they're going to use the Jake Olsen or Sigurd Jarlson identities.
*shrugs* Maybe they have a blind man find the stick that becomes Mjolnir, but he doesn't really have a part?

38The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I believe Darcy is 100% made up.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

39The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I believe Darcy would be a character made for the movie, don't recall her in the comics. I'm sure she'll be minor at best anyway.

Tomer Soiker wrote:Then how the hell will Jane Foster play into that story? Either they mix Asgard with Thor on Earth, or they focus only on Asgard. How else is Thor going to get to Earth for the first time? Unless they're going to use the Jake Olsen or Sigurd Jarlson identities.

My theory is Thor will be banished to Earth by Odin to learn some humility like in the comics, but I think they will just leave the transformation into Donald Blake thing out of it. Instead of transforming into an actual human, maybe Thor becomes temporarily powerless on Earth and just meets Jane Foster that way. I think that's a better way to go for this movie, the whole transformation into a completely different person thing would be too complicated for a 2 hour film. Plus, you would probably have to get two separate lead actors to share screen time, which would be dumb IMO.

My guess is, once Thor is on Earth, he will just use the human alias "Donald Blake" sort of as a nod to us fans. Smile

40The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:51 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
My theory is Thor will be banished to Earth by Odin to learn some humility like in the comics, but I think they will just leave the transformation into Donald Blake thing out of it. Instead of transforming into an actual human, maybe Thor becomes temporarily powerless on Earth and just meets Jane Foster that way. I think that's a better way to go for this movie, the whole transformation into a completely different person thing would be too complicated for a 2 hour film. Plus, you would probably have to get two separate lead actors to share screen time, which would be dumb IMO.

My guess is, once Thor is on Earth, he will just use the human alias "Donald Blake" sort of as a nod to us fans. Smile
I could see that.

41The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sam muthafuckin Jackson, aka Nick Fury, confirmed for appearance in Thor!
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=12212

42The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) in talks to play Hawkeye in The Avengers and cameo in Thor!!
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=12217

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Slice_jeremy_renner_hawkeye_01

Here's what he said (including possibly playing Cap):

"Hawkeye could be interesting. They're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is." But I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing."

“I don’t know if I’d be right for Captain America. I met with the Marvel guys, actually, but we didn’t talk about Captain America. But one of the writers, Zak Penn, we’ve become friends over time and he was thinking maybe Hawkeye could be interesting. He sounds like an interesting character.”

“If I was a betting man, I would bet that Hawkeye would probably show up in Thor, and then be in The Avengers,” he said. “But do I know for sure? I can’t say. But I’d love for that to happen. It’d be fun.”

“No offer has been made,” he confirmed. “I think there’s a little ways from that.”

“I’m just happy to get considered for big franchise roles like that,” he said. “I’m not [doing the] casting. If they see me that way, right on. If they don’t, I’m ok with it.”

Whether Renner plays him or not, its just awesome that Hawkeye is basically confirmed for Avengers and possibly in for a cameo in Thor. Smile

43The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joe Q on the Thor movie:

Kiel Phegley: Joe, it's been a while since we've gotten all together. I hear you've been traveling around the country of late.

Joe Quesada: It has been a while! I've been moving around quite a bit, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. Things are of course heating up with "Iron Man 2," "Thor" and "Captain America," as we're getting into a major areas of production on all three films. And on the other side, animation has really been heating up too.

Kiel Phegley: Have you been on any specific new business, or was it a routine check up on the West Coast side of Marvel?

JQ: My most recent trip out there was about two and a half days without a free moment, except for a couple of hours where I got to just sit with Brian Bendis at Starbucks, have coffee and chill for a little bit...and watch him tear his cornea, but that's a whole other story. Thank goodness he can type with one eye. [Laughter]

JW: While you and Bendis were both Tweeting from LA last week, a bunch of my friends who work in Hollywood were casting a skeptical eye on "Thor." They question how the movie will be a success. We see all this excitement from you guys, which has been ramped up by your business with Kenneth this week...how can you put all those naysayers in their place and say, "This is the next Iron Man?" Are you that confident in the property?

JQ: We are incredibly confident. And there isn't much I could say to convince people beyond, "Look at these designs! Look at this script! Look at the moments in this story and tell me it won't be a huge success." But, that's obviously something I can't do, so the one thing I can say – and I've said as much to Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige – is that people are going to go into this movie with a preconceived idea about what it will be. If you're a comics fan, you'll have a preconceived notion of what you're going to get. If you're a non-comics fan, you'll have another notion of what the movie is all about. And what's really amazing is that both groups will walk away going, "I've never seen anything like this before within the super hero genre." It's so cool, and I don't want to use the word unusual, but it is unusual in the sense that it redefines what a super hero movie can be. It's not the expected story or settings. That part of it is incredibly exciting to me.

We walked through sets and saw different designs for locations and designs for costumes, and I just thought to myself, "Oh my God." It's absolutely breathtaking, and the casting is terrific on the movie. And Branagh is a joy to listen to talk story. There was a point during the discussion of the most recent draft of the screenplay where a particular plot point was put up to the group for discussion, "How should we play this one moment within the context of the story?" and Branagh and some in the group had a particular idea of how it should play, while some others felt differently. I was in the opposite camp, but as we discussed the differences, I'm sitting there listening to Branagh act out his version of the scene with gusto and passion and I had to stop him and say, "If you said to me right now, 'Then Thor kills 100 puppies in an animal shelter' I'd say it was fantastic." [Laughter] It's just magnificent hearing him talking about the story with the great love he has for the material. You don't see it quite often, but when you see it you've got to go with it.

There's not much more I can say about it than that. I'm in the room with these guys and watching the stuff happen, and it just feels and looks right, and Kenneth's excitement is infectious, and his vision brilliant. You can never really predict 100% success, but at this juncture, "Thor" does seem to have all the ingredients in place to make it huge so its foundation feels very strong to me.

JW: You were checking out sets - any clue as to what those sets were?

JQ: No! [Laughter] Absolutely not! But they were pretty fantastical, and some of the locations are amazing. I will say this: I'm pretty sure this will redefine how we draw a Thor comic.

I will give you a funny aside. As we were looking at some of the models for the movie, there was one particular element that we were thinking would be a great prop to bring to next year's San Diego Comic-Con, ala this past year's Hall of Armor. However, the piece was so massive in size that it was actually too large for our usual given floor space at the con.

JW: When you and Bendis go into these production meetings full of producers and designers and various people, what role do you guys fall into?

JQ: We're just additional idea guys and an extra set of eyes. We listen to the big ideas and story beats and play a little creative kick the can. In a lot of cases, guys like Kenneth and Kevin have been living with this screenplay for a while, so having someone with a visceral reaction who's reading and or seeing it in their minds' eye for the first time can sometimes give you a fresher perspective. Truth be told, that's what the Marvel Creative Committee is there for.

Sounds great so far! yes

44The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Sam muthafuckin Jackson, aka Nick Fury, confirmed for appearance in Thor!
This makes me happy. Wonder who Colme Feore and Stellan Skarsgard are playing.

The Hawkeye thing is interesting. He'll probably be an agent of some sort. Like in Ultimates? Just like Black Widow is being introduced as an agent in Iron Man II.

*Squee* This is getting more and more exciting.

45The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:39 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Sam muthafuckin Jackson, aka Nick Fury, confirmed for appearance in Thor!
This makes me happy. Wonder who Colme Feore and Stellan Skarsgard are playing.

The Hawkeye thing is interesting. He'll probably be an agent of some sort. Like in Ultimates? Just like Black Widow is being introduced as an agent in Iron Man II.

*Squee* This is getting more and more exciting.

Yessir! Yeah I expect Hawkeye to be a black ops SHIELD agent like Black Widow, a la Ultimates. I can't wait till we start seeing teaser pics and trailers of this stuff!! *nerdgasms*

46The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Great news!

47The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I figure its best to just post Avengers movie related news in this thread, cuz I don't see a point in making a separate thread yet since that movie is a LONG ways away...plus we might get a Hawkeye cameo in Thor so this is still relevant. Smile

Here's what Jeremy Renner said about Hawkeye in The Avengers film:

"The last I knew is that they still have to find their director for 'The Avengers,' that's where he's[Hawkeye] really going to show up. They were just talking, 'Like maybe we should consider maybe hiring Hawkeye now' but there's nodirector on 'Avengers' so they don't really want to force-feed the director, 'Here's the whole cast.' It's a big role so they didn't want to do that to the director, so I think they might wait. I know they're interested, I'm interested, so we'll see if it works out."

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/portals/news/?a=12331

48The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Renner on Hawkeye's costume:

"...it's going to be modernized, it's not going to be the guy with the big purple [mask], it's not going to be a guy in tights. It's going to be a guy in sunglasses and a vest. He's going to be more modernized and I'm gonna say, 'A cooler-looking version' and not the big weird costume he had on. I don't think they're going that route."

*clears throat* Weird? dry Laughing

Yeah I definitely expected Hawkeye's costume to be updated, and by "sunglasses and a vest" he most likely means the Ultimate Hawkeye look.

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 90142-bigthumbnail

^That should look very badass on film! yes

49The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Hawkeye's traditional purple costume, but that would look absolutely idiotic on film.

50The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya. I doubt I, or anyone else, could take someone serious when they try to be the character. IDK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum