Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

51The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I love Hawkeye's traditional purple costume, but that would look absolutely idiotic on film.

Agreed on both points. lol

52The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This all sounds good to me. Hawkeye is such a well-rounded character, he'd translate well onto the big screen. Nice job on finding this info.

53The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:This all sounds good to me. Hawkeye is such a well-rounded character, he'd translate well onto the big screen. Nice job on finding this info.

Thanks. Smile

54The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Natalie Portman on Marvel's secrecy:

"I think everyone has gotten more secretive just because of the preponderance of technology that can scam just about anything. It's like you don't get a script anymore that doesn't have watermarks that would identify you if you ever tried to leak anything. The Thor script is hard to read because it's on some weird colored paper and they have your name in huge letters across every page. And any time you get a phone call from Marvel, it doesn't come up as a normal number, it's like a five digit code. I've never seen that before. I've had phone calls from people in the government and they don't have that. Marvel's like some like crazy underground world."

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=12346

I thought this was pretty hilarious and badass at the same time. Laughing

55The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like the first season of The Wire...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

56The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Stan Lee on his cameo in Thor:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/portals/news/?a=12482

Hey, I got an email from the multu-talented director of Thor, Kenneth Branagh. Not enough space left to tell what he said-- stay tuned--

Kenneth Branagh (of course I call him "Ken!") said my cameo's set for the upcoming Thor movie. --To him, it's a cameo, to me-- it's a ROLE!

I went easy on Ken Branagh when we discussed my role in Thor. Told him I wouldn't insist on my name above the title, I think he was grateful

Yeah, I mentioned Ken Banagh a few times, but I warned you I was a name driopper. Seriously tho', with him directing, Thor's a sure winner

Of course, my previous tweet revealed the extent of my innate modesty. I really wanted to add "With me doing a cameo, Thor's a sure winner"

Can't tweet anymore. Due to Thor, I must start rehearsing my thee's and thou's. So, if thou objecteth not, I wish thee well! 'Nuff saideth

EXCELSIOR! Laughing

57The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Bigtymin504 wrote:Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) in talks to play Hawkeye in The Avengers and cameo in Thor!!

He would be PERFECT for Hawkeye!!!!

58The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ugh, I hate Stan Lee cameos. It was kind of cute the first couple of times in X-men and Spider-man, but now it's just a lame novelty.

59The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:04 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

BlueMaxx wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=12194
Also for those of you that don't know, Jamie Alexander will be playing Sif.
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 2czu1dt
Smile
I've seen her before, but I haven't watched much of her filmography. I'm trying to think of the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode she played a character named Tammy. Is that the pharmacist girl in D.E.N.N.I.S. System?

Tammy was the high school girl that asked Dennis to the prom in the underage drinking episode.

(Interesting fact - the pharmacist is Dennis's wife in RL - The D.E.N.N.I.S system was the first episode of the show with all three wives appearing.)

60The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I liked Stan's cameo in Ang Lee's Hulk , chatting it up with Lou Ferrigno.

61The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Ugh, I hate Stan Lee cameos. It was kind of cute the first couple of times in X-men and Spider-man, but now it's just a lame novelty.
Half-agree. I liked it more when it was this quiet cameo, like a Hitchcock cameo. It was fun with the Where's Waldo feel to it. Rather then, "Hi, I'm Stan Lee." *Stares at Scream to make everyone go, "Hey, that's that guy."*

62The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:03 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Ugh, I hate Stan Lee cameos. It was kind of cute the first couple of times in X-men and Spider-man, but now it's just a lame novelty.

Mad

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 1253847155964-1

I love his cameos. It's a nice wink and nod to comic book fans, much like how cameos from actors from past related series or Bruce Campbell cameos in Spider-man is a wink and nod to fans of shows or past movies related to the movie. It's akin to an easter egg. Laughing

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

63The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) in talks to play Hawkeye in The Avengers and cameo in Thor!!

Yessir!

BlueMaxx wrote:
Half-agree. I liked it more when it was this quiet cameo, like a Hitchcock cameo. It was fun with the Where's Waldo feel to it. Rather then, "Hi, I'm Stan Lee." *Stares at Scream to make everyone go, "Hey, that's that guy."*

I don't mind the cameos, but I'd like them to be short and sweet too like the Hugh Hefner one from Iron Man.

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total

64The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:

Yessir!

BlueMaxx wrote:

I don't mind the cameos, but I'd like them to be short and sweet too like the Hugh Hefner one from Iron Man.

Or like his cameo in the recent Hulk. That was a cleverly placed one.

65The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:

Yessir!

BlueMaxx wrote:

Or like his cameo in the recent Hulk. That was a cleverly placed one.

Yeah definitely! That's the perfect example of a well placed Stan cameo.

66The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

Mad

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 1253847155964-1

I love his cameos. It's a nice wink and nod to comic book fans, much like how cameos from actors from past related series or Bruce Campbell cameos in Spider-man is a wink and nod to fans of shows or past movies related to the movie. It's akin to an easter egg. Laughing

Agreed.

67The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

You cranky bastard. Can you give the man his 10 seconds of screen time? Jesus Christ.

68The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Joshua. It's not like Stan has anything to live for other than those cameos. His creations left him nothing and all those co-creators from the '60s stole all the fame. Not to mention, he had no job since leaving Marvel Comics in the early '70s.

69The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:29 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

BTW, I love Stan Lee's cameos no matter what he hides behind that fake smile of his.

70The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:48 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You cranky bastard. Can you give the man his 10 seconds of screen time? Jesus Christ.
Are you kidding me? Stan Lee is a camera whore. You act like he's some oppressed nobody who doesn't receive his due.

Like I already said, it was fine the first couple of times, but it's so unnecessary at this point to stick him in every single Marvel property he ever had a hand in creating. Like all things, less is more and things that are over-exposed tend to lose their charm.

Yeah, Joshua. It's not like Stan has anything to live for other than those cameos. His creations left him nothing and all those co-creators from the '60s stole all the fame. Not to mention, he had no job since leaving Marvel Comics in the early '70s.
Laughing

71The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ray Stevenson talks about his Volstagg costume:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/portals/news/?a=12650

...Empire caught up with him[Stevenson] recently and found that a solution is at hand, in the shape of a fat suit. "It's fantastic," said a beaming Stevenson. "I've tried the suit on, and what they've done is kind of sex him up: he's sort of slimmer but rounder."

We're not sure we're up for an exuberantly sexed-up Brian Blessed-alike, but Stevenson clarifies: "He's got every bit of that Falstaffian verve and vigour, and a bit of a beergut to suggest that enormous appetite, but he's not the sort of Weeble-shaped figure he is in the comics. He's Falstaff with muscles. I've got this amazing foam-injected undersuit that flexes with me. I can't wait!"

A "sexed up" Volstagg? Sounds like a winner! Laughing

72The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Kind of weird that he goes from Punisher to Volstagg. But, Rebecca Romijn went from Mystique to Joan in Punisher.

Oh, and Stan Lee played the mailman in Fantastic Four. Forget the characters name, but that's pretty neat, I thought.

73The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Willie Lumpkin.

74The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Willie Lumpkin.
Which is actually one of his better cameos. Too bad it was in such an awful movie.

75The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rene Russo Joins Cast of Thor
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/17/rene-russo-also-joins-the-epic-cast-of-kenneth-branaghs-thor/

She will be playing Frigga, wife of Odin and step-mother of Thor and Loki.

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Frigga_%28Earth-616%29_002The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 3 Rene+Russo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum