Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men: Second Coming

+21
G_Zatara
TheBrownLantern
elijahdprophet
Jango Fett
Ric Magnum
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Kearstin
DickGrayson007
blue halo
Mnemosis
shiky800
Fresh03
shark6495
Batman25JM
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
Nymn
Bigtymin504
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

226X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed May 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:That said (*gets on soapbox*), X-men needs more Prodigy. It blows my mind that someone with all that skill and intellect sitting up there is not doing something. I'd love to see him go off on his own, using all the knowledge he has, and get rich off inventing something and establish some sort of X-Corp. They could play it similar to X-Factor of old, and keep the nature of the members a secret. If Cho can run a company at his age, I don't see why Prodigy couldn't. It would be a nice excuse to use more obscure characters as well. And his status as a former or depowered mutant doesn't seem to be an issue, only to the more extreme hate groups since Blob at one point was famous and set to star in a movie after he lost his powers. And Prodigy's fears as shown in New X-Men vs. his ambition and knowing he could change things for the better would be interesting. Throw Xavier in the mix and it creates an interesting dynamic. Alleyne Industries. has a nice ring to it Laughing (*gets off soapbox*).

Great speech, Wade. Smile Prodigy got some nice spotlight this week, were you pleased or disappointed with it?

I was pleased just to see him, but it bothered me to see him have a panic attack when he's shown more balls in just as crappy situation in the past. That said, the recent issue of X-Force: Iceman with 3rd degree energy burns? Wah? He can make a new body for himself, turn into steam, and recover from being shattered, absorbed, and ripped apart at the molecular level. That simply doesn't make sense. shake my head

The art was nice though, but the story was meh. Then again, I've been feeling this way about every comic (DC, Marvel, and any others) I've read recently, so it doesn't really surprise me.

227X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:That said (*gets on soapbox*), X-men needs more Prodigy. It blows my mind that someone with all that skill and intellect sitting up there is not doing something. I'd love to see him go off on his own, using all the knowledge he has, and get rich off inventing something and establish some sort of X-Corp. They could play it similar to X-Factor of old, and keep the nature of the members a secret. If Cho can run a company at his age, I don't see why Prodigy couldn't. It would be a nice excuse to use more obscure characters as well. And his status as a former or depowered mutant doesn't seem to be an issue, only to the more extreme hate groups since Blob at one point was famous and set to star in a movie after he lost his powers. And Prodigy's fears as shown in New X-Men vs. his ambition and knowing he could change things for the better would be interesting. Throw Xavier in the mix and it creates an interesting dynamic. Alleyne Industries. has a nice ring to it Laughing (*gets off soapbox*).

Great speech, Wade. Smile Prodigy got some nice spotlight this week, were you pleased or disappointed with it?

I was pleased just to see him, but it bothered me to see him have a panic attack when he's shown more balls in just as crappy situation in the past. That said, the recent issue of X-Force: Iceman with 3rd degree energy burns? Wah? He can make a new body for himself, turn into steam, and recover from being shattered, absorbed, and ripped apart at the molecular level. That simply doesn't make sense. shake my head

Laughing I kinda thought that would irk you. Wink

BTW I'm having a cuteness overdose from your avatar. wub

228X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Thanks. Yours rocks. I saw it before I read X-Force and my socks were blown off by it. Laughing

229X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed May 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah it's such a badass cover! But yours is slightly more badass. Laughing

230X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 1:49 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #27 - Second Coming: Chapter 09

I liked this. I wasn't blown away, but I didn't hate it.

The art was beautiful.

231X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote: Iceman with 3rd degree energy burns? Wah? He can make a new body for himself, turn into steam, and recover from being shattered, absorbed, and ripped apart at the molecular level. That simply doesn't make sense. shake my head

Marvel can never seem to stay consistent on Iceman's power levels. Although, if you were to accept some sort of power dampener built into their attack, it would make sense. It's a big leap, but...

... on the positive side, there's how Bastion can teleport in while no one else can. It's NOT a portal through space, but time. If that sphere links inside the forcefield with the same position in the future, then it makes perfect sense. Suck it, Wade. XP

232X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 2:57 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
... on the positive side, there's how Bastion can teleport in while no one else can. It's NOT a portal through space, but time. If that sphere links inside the forcefield with the same position in the future, then it makes perfect sense. Suck it, Wade. XP

Bah. It eases my inner fanboy a little (I wasn't paying attention while I was reading it Laughing ) but part of me can't help but wonder:

The portal is so powerful and cuts off everything....yet Bastion can communicate through it to the temporal portal.

And teleportation has not been ruled out since Prodigy himself said so. So the Avengers not rolling out the magic users to try a port would bother me.

And finally, the video feed (background of Bastion) seems indicative of the battle that was occuring there as well (suggesting video feed can get through) but I can let that one go.

Suspect

233X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 am

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I loved the fight scenes in this book. Really Iceman gets 3rd degree energy burns??

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

234X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Bastion

Bastion can communicate with the future, and the time portal can pass information inside the force field, which is how Bastion is able to communicate to the inside of the bubble. I would like my No Prize now.

My only issue with the fight scenes is that when the mutants were getting taken out there never seemed to be a source of what was hitting them. Iceman blasts a nimrod, and then is in human form and on fire without seeming to get hit with anything. Hellion throws Wolverine and his hands seem to just explode. That bothered me a bit.

235X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 11:25 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

elijahdprophet wrote:X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Bastion

Bastion can communicate with the future, and the time portal can pass information inside the force field, which is how Bastion is able to communicate to the inside of the bubble. I would like my No Prize now.

My only issue with the fight scenes is that when the mutants were getting taken out there never seemed to be a source of what was hitting them. Iceman blasts a nimrod, and then is in human form and on fire without seeming to get hit with anything. Hellion throws Wolverine and his hands seem to just explode. That bothered me a bit.

I love you.

That drawing is exactly what I was going to try to explain. Then I scrolled down. I DO agree with the confusing source of injuries in the fight. I HONESTLY believe Julian discorporatd himself from the effort he was exuding. Same for Armor. I assume her bleeding was from the strain of keeping her armored form up. By the same token, I could even accept that Bobby was under such strain, he couldn't keep his ice form going, and THEN got blasted. I don't know.

I keep seeing complaints online that the art was too static, that there was no sense of flow. I honestly think that's JUST due to the lack of dialog. The dialog is normally what moves you through action scenes, from one moment to the next. At least, that's how I see it.

236X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #27
Second Coming: Chapter 9

This issue was amazing. Choi is at the top of his game, telling half the story in this issue with no text required. The opening sequence pages are an all out battle between the X-Men and Bastion’s Nimrod series sentinel squad. I was also happy to see that they are still treating this like it is a war and there are losses suffered. Kyle and Yost are among my favorite X-writers and they do a great job with this script. Second Coming continues to be one of the best X-events ever. This issue is fast paced and gives the readers an idea of exactly what type of force the X-Men are facing. I love their attention to detail this time around. I thought it was odd to have Nimrod class sentinels mass produced 50 years before their time and they tied up that loose end within this issue.

Finding out exactly what the sphere inside the force field was a nice development especially when we get to see Prodigy actually be utilized, aiding beast in figuring out their problems. He should definitely remain a prominent player in the X-Club science team in the future.

X-Force is reformed, Storm is new to finding out about this splinter cell of killer mutants, and Cable joins their ranks along with Cypher as they move to disrupt the coding in Bastion’s network.

There is something else that happens in this book that we haven’t seen through the entire story of Cable and Hope over the last two years. Cable says “good-bye.” With that Cyclops has to come to terms with the realization of what he has actually ordered, but that will probably be addressed later because a second wave attack has met Namor’s team at the sphere portal.

One of the best issues so far in this series as we move closer to the end game of this event.

5 out of 5 Downed Mutant Soldiers

237X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Bastion

The art indicated that he was communicating to the time sphere. It shows Bastion trying to link to the sphere as Namor was approaching it. Your drawing is not what was indicated by the story. And I don't see why they don't utlize time travel as a means of escaping the portal if it is merely in space only, since Cable and Hope (along with Madrox and Layla) showed that time travel without physical degradation is possible. "Cyclops saying they have only one jump left" Why? Why why why why why? There hasn't been anything shown or seen to suggest why this is. All examples of time travel we've seen thus far indicates that there is little to no limitation on movement or the amount of time spent in a time period. So there is little to explain why they are so limited or working with such limitations.

The impenetrable barrier plot device is weak with this many loopholes and the fact that no one has tried teleporting through and which teleportation has not been ruled out. It should be addressed.

Again, the concept of a forcefield is weak-storytelling because it assumes everyone is weaker/stupider/less creative than the person putting up the forcefield.

If the forcefeild is truly impenetrable, then, Bastion > every other superhero on Marvel earth (and then some). I have a hard time buying that. Being from the future is not enough when you have someone from the future, a future said to be long after Bastion exists.

In the end, as I said before, I can live with it. It's just something that nags a little at me but I can live with it. But teleportation should be addressed. So far, it is something "they haven't ruled out". If the whole story goes without someone trying to port through or one of the big shot teleporters not called in on the Avengers side, then the forcefield comes across even more so as some bad plot device.

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Thu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting, since people curl into a ball and cry at the sight of words)

238X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blind Science One-Shot
Second Coming Revelations

I don’t know who Simon Spurrier is, but I like the cut of his jib. I am usually cautious when I see a new name headed as the writer for a book about my favorite bunch of Marvel mutants. It was good enough I’m going to have to check into what else this guy has done.

This issue focuses on the X-Club science team members and covers the events in Second Coming we didn’t even know happened on the rig. This was a story that may not have entirely been necessary to the plot of Second Coming, but was definitely a nice add in.

The entire point of the story seemed to focus on some character development of this team, primarily Dr. Kavita Rao. We get to see her enternal struggle with her past mistakes and how she is going to address those same decisions when they occur in the future. Bastion had a plan to try and make mutants inert using the Hope Serum developed by Dr. Rao. He uses big scare tactics by exposing the team to a harsh reality where the mutants are enslaved by Hope and gather people for her to feed off psychicly. The art was good the banter from Dr. Nemesis was even better.

The story wraps up and we see the team in the water outside the force field where they were at the end of chapter 8.

This book isn’t really necessary to know what is going on with second coming but was definitely fun to read. Keep an eye out for more of Spurrier’s work as well.

4 out of 5 Kitty-cat decoys.

239X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu May 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Random babbling

I stopped reading after you said they hadn't explained why there's only one jump left. I was very much under the impression (from the Cable series) that the time jumps were killing Cable. Given that I completely misread that, there's a very simple and easy assumption to make here:

You're in the passenger seat of my car; we're driving down the highway. We pass a sign that says "Next exit, 30 miles." Just as we come to the current exit, the fuel light goes off, letting us know I have two gallons of gas left. I turn to you and say "If we don't take this exit, the next one's our last chance." Would you jump to the conclusion that a time bomb in my heart has just started ticking, and there's 30 minutes on the counter, or would you instead figure out that, hey, maybe my big ass minivan only gets about 15 miles to the gallon?

240X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri May 28, 2010 12:00 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

The storytelling seemed to indicate that Bastion was activating the nimrods in the future on the other side of the shere, at least to me, but I don't have it handy to double check it.

The limited time jumps has been established, and in just the previous (or maybe the one before) chapter Cable explained to Hope that he had one jump left and they could escape to the far future and read about the battle as history.

I do agree that a forcefield on this scale is a little weak storytelling wise. Considering how much teleportation tech has been around the marvel u, especially associated with the X-Men, them tossing out the idea that it might work but they have no way to test it is annoying. I have a feeling this is so they can have Vanisher show up at a critical moment to do...something.

241X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Random babbling

Bad analogy and bad points.

Laughing

Elijahdprophet said it best though:

elijahdprophet wrote:I do agree that a forcefield on this scale is a little weak storytelling wise. Considering how much teleportation tech has been around the marvel u, especially associated with the X-Men, them tossing out the idea that it might work but they have no way to test it is annoying. I have a feeling this is so they can have Vanisher show up at a critical moment to do...something.

I don't agree with everything but I do agree with this. I hope they talk about this and not sweep it under the rug. It'd feel weird if they did. Because the story is still progress, I'm not passing judgement on the whole thing, just commenting on one section.

242X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri May 28, 2010 12:37 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:The storytelling seemed to indicate that Bastion was activating the nimrods in the future on the other side of the shere, at least to me, but I don't have it handy to double check it.

The limited time jumps has been established, and in just the previous (or maybe the one before) chapter Cable explained to Hope that he had one jump left and they could escape to the far future and read about the battle as history.

I have a feeling this is so they can have Vanisher show up at a critical moment to do...something.

Even in my review I interpreted the story telling the same way. The Nimrod army is in the future.

The limited jumps have been established, but Hank McCoy and Prodigy are standing right there. Also remember when the jumps were killing Cable and he started to look more like Colosus, and then out of nowhere he got some more TK power or something and the next issue he was back to normal. So I would have to agree that the "one last jump" thing is a total cop-out, but they have tried to explain why somewhat.

I could see the vanisher doing something or Illyana and Pixie coming back, really there is a total lethal force out there with teleportation tech and he goes by the name of Wild Card right now Wink I wouldn't mind seeing him.

243X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri May 28, 2010 11:26 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I would suspect Eli's right, and this is all on the "is he dead or isn't he" Vanisher's shoulders.

Or maybe Johnny Ohnn will show up.

244X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just realized that this sphere forcefield is actually more of a true siege than Siege was. Laughing

245X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat May 29, 2010 10:32 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

LMFAO!

246X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat May 29, 2010 12:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I just realized that this sphere forcefield is actually more of a true siege than Siege was. Laughing

Sentry
Is
Exiting,
Goodbye
Everyone!

Laughing

247X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat May 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

248X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Mon May 31, 2010 9:57 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Force #27

I pretty much agree with the consensus on this book: it's really good, but not without flaws. I'm not too worried about the time travel logic, however, I agree wholeheartedly with the opening "silent war" coming off pretty crappy. I disliked the book right off the jump. Thankfully K&Y picked up the slack the rest of the way. The issue had enough moments in terms of mood, rocking it with Bastion's tactics and mellowing down with some character beats. The ending was particularly sharp. Was numb to it at first; the more I thought about it, I loved it.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - This even'ts picking up steam.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

249X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Apparently Second Coming is taking a break this week. dry
It will resume the week of June 9th...

250X-Men: Second Coming - Page 10 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

poor Hellion! Kyle and Yost love mutilating the New X-Men...when will it end?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum