Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Force

+15
duskdefender
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
TheBrownLantern
Batman25JM
Mnemosis
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
hrdwrkngXsoldier
shiky800
Nymn
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Administrator
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:07 am

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:X-Force #24

Everybody used to say it was one of the best X-titles out there, but nobody ever talks about it here. If you lost facination with the dark team of X-men because of the X-overs...well get over it that is what the X-men do. Necrosha is wrapping up great, Selene is begining her accenstion to Godhood, Wolfsbane has new impervious skin due to her fetus somehow... and the Hero of the Story this month... THE VANISHER!

I love X-Force. Its the best X-book on-going. Hands down Can't wait for #25

love the Vanisher...Kyle & Yost, you gotta give it up. they know what they're doing
I'm reading Blackest Night and loving that too. And Necrosha is different...
there are similarities yes, but Selene is one crazy X-bitch that's making a comeback
HA!

27X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:X-23 1-shot

**I hope nobody objects to this being here, it was a one-shot and it seemed like a waste to make its own thread....(also I hope I'm not the only one who picked this up)**

This was a good book. The character X-23 is definately living up to her title as Wolvie's clone. She seems to be the newest character trying to find her humanity, or even understand humanity. Kinda like a mutant version of Spock....well with, tits, adamantium claws, and a homicidal glee streak.

It was nice to see some more of the character fleshed out. We witness her observe Wolverine and Jubilee's relationship, and are left wondering how she is processing it. Then we get to see her reconnect with the people that helped save her from the streets she was selling her chocha on.

I actually liked the art in the issue as well. Mostly the contrast between what was going on and the battle that was happening in her head. This isn't really a must read, but if you have interest in the character you won't be upset that you picked it up.

3.5 out of 5 Wolverine clones
Yeah I picked this up and it was a solid read. X-23 is interesting cuz she's a really tormented character. It was good to see Logan playing a bit of a father figure here too.

28X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:X-23 1-shot

**I hope nobody objects to this being here, it was a one-shot and it seemed like a waste to make its own thread....(also I hope I'm not the only one who picked this up)**

This was a good book. The character X-23 is definately living up to her title as Wolvie's clone. She seems to be the newest character trying to find her humanity, or even understand humanity. Kinda like a mutant version of Spock....well with, tits, adamantium claws, and a homicidal glee streak.

It was nice to see some more of the character fleshed out. We witness her observe Wolverine and Jubilee's relationship, and are left wondering how she is processing it. Then we get to see her reconnect with the people that helped save her from the streets she was selling her chocha on.

I actually liked the art in the issue as well. Mostly the contrast between what was going on and the battle that was happening in her head. This isn't really a must read, but if you have interest in the character you won't be upset that you picked it up.

3.5 out of 5 Wolverine clones

I didn't care much for this story. It seemed like the same ole same ole with X-23: She's a tortured soul. Yes, we get it. In any case, I found it funny that the people from NYX were not invited to join the X-men in Utopia or whereever they were staying at the time. I mean, they were homeless, it seemed pretty irresponsible X-23 to not make some mention of that.

"Where have you been Laura?"
"Living it up with the X-men and sleeping in my warm cozy bed. How about you?"
"We're homeless and on the run."
"Ok. Good luck with that. Bye!" *leaves with Logan*

hmm

It may not have went down exactly like that but it might as well have. Laughing

29X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:49 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #25

Selene has ascended. Achieving godhood and the entire marvel universe can feel it. Dr Doom to Brother Voodoo, all the mages and psychics in the world feel it, and know they are helpless to stop it. Selene begins to absorb more and more of her recently risen army to feed her hunger. Some invulnerable Native American mutant with a sacred knife is supposed to take her down? We have to keep in mind that besides newly born goddess, that Selene is also a supremely powerful sorceress, a mutant, and an eXternal. I’m going to say right now that she is in no way gone.

A lot of people complain about the darkness of the issues, but I think given the setting and the temperament of the story that Crain does a fine job. Working out of his studio in Washington, probably helps him a lot with the doom and gloom style. (We’ve had a couple spots of sunshine up here, but don’t expect much until June, that’s why the Mariners have a retractable dome stadium.) I especially like the scenes in the issue where Warpath prepares the team for battle and putting them in ‘ghost walk’ mode. This is a ritual that his tribe performed to fight off evil spirits, guess that is why they made the knife as well.

We see some interesting things happen in this book as well. Something happens to Elixer when he destroys one of Selene’s cabal members. There may be story elements for his character develop from this, he has always been a head-scratcher as a member of this team for me. We also have the question as to what happens to all the risen mutants that didn’t get absorbed. Most notably, I want to examine her Cabal.

We know that Blink and Lois escaped when Clarice teleported. We know that Elixer did something to Wither, that he probably wont come back from. We also know that Kyle and Yost said that there would be more people than just Doug Ramsey back from all of this. Can we assume that anybody not seen absorbed is fair game? Can they still be around because the have the techno virus?

These questions open up a whole realm of possibilities. I want to see what Bastion and his Human Council have to say about this, especially because of the nature of their re-animation. I’m not satisfied that this wasn’t developed at all. With the way that Warlock healed Doug, purging the bad code from him, I assume that Warlock could heal any of the reanimated. This will be an interesting consequence of the story and definitely blow holes in all the 198 garbage. Even after Necrosha. Even after all the mutant deaths post M-Day, there are over 200 mutants walking around. That is another rant all together and you can read my soon to be posted Second Coming review/rant for details and a list about that.

Overall

4.5 out of 5 Missing Re-animated Mutants.

30X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:02 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did anybody else read X-force: Sex and Violence #1?

I loved it, I think it was my favorite book of the week. It was well written and the art is just amazing. I wish they would've made this book a MAX title so they could just go batshit crazy.

31X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:35 am

duskdefender

duskdefender
Cadet
Cadet

I have read X-Force: Sex and Violence. I'm impressed by it, one of my favorite comics that I have purchase this week.

Not only is the storyline great, so is the artwork. I hope to see more of X-23 in it.

32X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:04 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really wish that Sex and Violence didn't have to end. The art is beautiful and I'm really going to miss Kyle and Yost on these characters. Hopefuelly there'll be a sequel down the road.

33X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:22 am

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

PK after finishing Sex and Violence up all I want to know is when does this all happen? Isn't vanisher dead? and Elixir out of commission right now? Was this an oversight or just happened before second coming? I liked the story and foudn the title to be a bit misleading not really much sex and almost no more violence then the first arc of X-force with this team.

Can't wait for the new series, I dig the darker black op style books more then the normal ones.

34X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:53 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed Sex and Violence. This book makes me miss Kyle and Yost on X-Force already.

35X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:34 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Sex & Violence was set on the side during many of X-Force's (mis)adventures. Without a doubt, this mini should have received the MAX input, so readers could receive more gratuitous violence and/or sexual implicits. You don't dub a comic Sex & Violence and come off no more harsh than your standard X-Force fair. Sure, there's blood; but when was the last time you read a non-dedication-to-Nightcrawler issue of Wolvie and didn't see blood?

With ALL that said, this mini was well worth the time. If you're a fan of Lark or Maleev, you'll dig the art. Not a whole lot happens in terms of story but it's an enjoyable romp, especially those who miss X-Force since their dispatch.

For those unaware of Rick Remender's work--the best Punisher this side of Ennis, a fine Dr. Voodoo outing, etc.--don't sleep on Uncanny X-Force. This series has potential to be a LOT of fun.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

36X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:08 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

UXF #1 ROCKED.

Rick NAILS Deadpool.

37X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

I loved Uncanny X-Force, only gripe I had was Fantomex. Don't really get into his character too much, but knowing X-Force, I will grow to love his character soon enough.

38X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Overall, Uncanny X-Force was an impressive first issue. The art was good, on par with Crain and Choi so that was a welcome treat. The team dynamic worked well for me as a new, improved X-Force. I do have a soft spot for Domino though and even Vanisher was growing on me.

I must say, originally when I heard Fantomex was in the line-up, with Deadpool, I stratched my head a little. But after reading Remender's take on him, more in-depth and hands on...I'm more intrigued than I've ever been about him...so we'll see where this title goes. Apocalypse...ok. Hopefully there will be some good stuff with him and his former Horseman, Archangel. I believe Wolverine was once his Death henchman as well.

I'm also glad they just threw Psylocke and Warren back together, why delay? They're Ex-es. And then throw in Fantomex for a love triangle, blantantly hitting on Betsy in front of Warren? He's French, makes sense. Remender's Deadpool was good as well, though I must say, Deadpool appearing regularly on an X-team at this point, Its basically like having Spider-Man join the Avengers, right?

39X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:40 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

I really enjoyed the comic, and ended up getting 4 covers, just missing the Djurdjevic and Rob L's covers, even if I think I got hosed on the J Scott Cambell one maybe not.

But over all I like the team, and I like that Deadpool is being played less of a joker like in most of his books, I think a lot of writers forget he is actually a bad ass, that happens to be a drunk/smartass/crazy person. Fantomex is still a wild card, I wasn't reading x-men when he was in it before, so he is pretty new to me, but seems like they are using him in a Gambit role, why they can't just use Gambit I don't know but, I can deal.

The only down side is I think Apocolype is a bad choice for the inital arc, I mean he is a tier 1 big bad, one of those things you would have all the x-men on not just X-force, i'm sure it will clear up to a good arc but confusing to me.

40X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

In UXF's defense, it's Apocalypse's new body, which I doubt they will kill. Maybe in a few more arcs, when the regular X-Men don't have vampires to worry about, there can be a X-series of books dealing with Apocalypse.

41X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

True, but I would enjoy a fist fight between Deadpool and a 4 year old

42X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Uncanny X-Force #1

I was hesitant to get this. I wasn't really a fan of much of the previous X-Force book, and I was worried I wouldn't like this despite it be a new creative team. I'm glad I decided to get it. I liked it quite a bit.

The art was good (though there were a few panels I didn't love).

43X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:UXF #1 ROCKED.

Rick NAILS Deadpool.

Agreed about Deadpool. #1 was a very good debut. I've been waiting for Apocalypse's big return.

44X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:52 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Uncanny X-Force #2

I think this is my favorite X-team at the moment.

Oh and Deadpool does the Pop! Rocks Challenge .

"Yes. Pop rocks and coke -- not a real hazard." Laughing

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

45X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:02 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I....love this book.

#2 was all kinds of awesome.

46X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:14 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Uncanny X-Force #2

This was excellent. I loved it.

Deadpool was great. Loved his pop rocks bit, and him singing War.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

47X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:18 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Out of all the writers now, I think Rick nails his personality on the spot.

48X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:54 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Uncanny X-Force > Secret Avengers

Is that completely fair?

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

49X-Force - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Force Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:35 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja