Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calling all West coast Pop people

+7
Fresh03
potatojoe
Joshua
Administrator
Silent K
hrdwrkngXsoldier
kidspider2099
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:34 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know all the chicago pop peeps have gotten together so i figured why should they have all the fun. I think most of the west coast poppers be the seattle poppers i don't know if we have alot pop people from oregon and cali. Then again i could be wrong Anyway I think we should get together at the Emerald City comic-con coming next year.

If I know who all is from the west coast and are planning to go the Emerald city comic-con and would like to meet up that would really help me plan.

2Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:14 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be there. But we have PAX as well, which I enjoy more. But yeah the West coasters need to represent.

I know we have:
you, me, Fresh, and the Donster for sure. I don't know if Goof implied he was here or not. Then we have Brian Cross up in Britch Columbia. So there could be more.

3Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:13 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

And yknow, not to be a turd, but just because Chicago Comic-Con saw one of the biggest PoP! gatherings in history, it wasn't solely Chicago locals. I, for one, drove from Florida. I know one flew from New York, and another from Texas. Our own Hannibal King made it from CA. Don't think it was a Chicagoan exclusive deal.

4Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:33 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I sent my astral projection all the way from Israel.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

5Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:And yknow, not to be a turd, but just because Chicago Comic-Con saw one of the biggest PoP! gatherings in history, it wasn't solely Chicago locals. I, for one, drove from Florida. I know one flew from New York, and another from Texas. Our own Hannibal King made it from CA. Don't think it was a Chicagoan exclusive deal.
I think there may have been just as many people from outside the Chicago area as there were native Chicagoans.

6Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

But we are from the PACNW and are isolationists. That means everybody not from here may as well be from chicago Very Happy. Let us have our coffee and rain and be in peace.

Really though Chicago is a big event and I know there were a ton of people that traveled. How far did people travel for the HallowXmas thing?

I still think PAX is a bigger deal than E3C and would entice more people to come. But this year Bendis, Brubaker and many more of my favorites will be at E3C so I'm going to both this year. Sakura con usually blows and is infested by Furries, so I say if we do a west coast meet on a grand scale it should be PAX. Maybe Knize and others would be willing to travel for an event that big. (think of the coverage available for the site)

I would be glad to help accomidate people at Shiloh Inn as well with a friends and Family discount if doable, bu tthen it is a bit of a drive to the expo every day. We try to keep the awesomeness of the NW a secret though, what usually happens with my friends and family is the visit and then move here within 2 years.

7Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote: How far did people travel for the HallowXmas thing?
I don't know which Christmas event you are referring to, but people from Chicago, New York, and Texas traveled to Florida for Halloween.

8Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:39 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:And yknow, not to be a turd, but just because Chicago Comic-Con saw one of the biggest PoP! gatherings in history, it wasn't solely Chicago locals. I, for one, drove from Florida. I know one flew from New York, and another from Texas. Our own Hannibal King made it from CA. Don't think it was a Chicagoan exclusive deal.

sorry i just assumed everybody was from chicago.

9Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I plan on going to every major con at least once, hoping I can make it to the Emerald Con at some point

10Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah E3C looks pretty loaded as of right now, man are the lines for panels going to be a pain in the ass, lol, but the nice thing about it is that it's towards the start of the Con season so the creators aren't quite as burned out as they are towards the end of the year.

Currently I plan to be there, doubt my plans will change, but until it gets closer I commit to nothing.

11Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:06 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Sorry for the late reply to this. I'm pretty sure we're going to ECCC, but really can't commit to anything at the moment. I really wanted to go last year and my wife and I got the flu bug. With Leonard Nimoy being one of the media stars, I'd really like to make it this time. Maybe we can coordinate something the closer we get though.

12Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Harry Wang

Harry Wang
Pirate
Pirate

Tomer Soiker wrote:I sent my astral projection all the way from Israel.
I still own your soul!! yes

13Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:45 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Sorry for the late reply to this. I'm pretty sure we're going to ECCC, but really can't commit to anything at the moment. I really wanted to go last year and my wife and I got the flu bug. With Leonard Nimoy being one of the media stars, I'd really like to make it this time. Maybe we can coordinate something the closer we get though.

That's what i was thinking i know its kinda way off but i like planning ahead.

14Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:17 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Nothing wrong with that, it will be here before we know it Wink

15Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:10 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I plan on going to every major con at least once, hoping I can make it to the Emerald Con at some point

i think everybody should visit the emerald city con at least once. It's getting better every year course there on year when adam balwin was sceduled to come but couldn't so they got the kid who played young boba fett.

16Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:58 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well we have Bendis this year... I think he'll walk to the con though. lol. Glad he bailed on the Con war.

17Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:06 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Well we have Bendis this year... I think he'll walk to the con though. lol. Glad he bailed on the Con war.

We have him every year.

18Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Yup as J-Knize said i'm from Ca, San Francisco Bay area actually. I went to Chicago just to try something different and I didn't know anybody there. But luckily enough everybody was really cool to hang and kick it with, great experience all around really.

19Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:09 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Hannibal king wrote:Yup as J-Knize said i'm from Ca, San Francisco Bay area actually. I went to Chicago just to try something different and I didn't know anybody there. But luckily enough everybody was really cool to hang and kick it with, great experience all around really.

This guy is great. I want to spend more time with him!

20Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I'm loving the get-togetherings happening here. It makes me smile.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

21Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:Yup as J-Knize said i'm from Ca, San Francisco Bay area actually. I went to Chicago just to try something different and I didn't know anybody there. But luckily enough everybody was really cool to hang and kick it with, great experience all around really.

you could come up to seattle for the con its only one state away.

22Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:19 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See time does fly The con is next month. I was thinking i was april for some stupid reason but March. So all interested people pm me and we shall hammer out the details.

23Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Pm'ed you back KS2099, I know there are atleast four of us planning on making the trip, does 40 minutes even count as a trip?

For those in the general Pac-NW area, or even those outside of it here's the site with the list of guests and ticket purchasing info:

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

They still haven't put out a panel schedule, but I'm guessing most of the big stuff will be Saturday.

24Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:24 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Anyone interested in a post Con meet up Saturday night? Drinks, grub, conversation, debate, etc...
I know tons of great places to be social that have killer food and good prices on drinks, and I know both myself and hXs are good for conversation, laughs, and debate on nearly any subject on the planet.

25Calling all West coast Pop people Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Like I told KS, I wish I could Fresh, but I'm going to have my family in tow. For those who've met Stan Lee in person, does he have photos to sign? I'm pretty sure Nimoy will, but I have a nice cast photo just in case. I'd really like to get him to sign an older pic, but I'm sure that Stan will have newer pics if he has any. Figure it will be easier getting his autograph here instead of another con, where it might be crazier to. I know that at SDCC in the past, it was some crazy raffle and lines.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum