Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calling all West coast Pop people

+7
Fresh03
potatojoe
Joshua
Administrator
Silent K
hrdwrkngXsoldier
kidspider2099
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I'm almost a hundred percent that Stan will have photos available, I believe most of them are recent pics as well.

Yeah, E3C will likely be way easier to get his autograph from than most others he actually attends, it'll still be crazy, but to a lesser degree.

27Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well folks, ECCC starts tomorrow morning, who's ready to get their convention on?

28Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

So me and my crew are rolling up to the convention center tomorrow morning, likely before 8 am, to get decent parking and grab some breakfast prior to standing in line in the rain, lol, I guess anyone that's going can PM me and I'll let you know where we're going to be if you want to meet up or I can give you my telephone number so that you can find me in the madness of the crowds during the con.

29Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I'll see you guys there. I'm not sure what I'm wearing, probable something comfortable for the Nimoy-Lee lines. I sure way to recognize me though is I'll be pushing my son in a stroller. Used to be I would tell folks to be on the lookout for a bald guy with a Batman symbol messenger bag and a gorgeous red head. Now since we're parents I find myself having folks id me by the stroller.

30Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I'll keep an eye out for you man.

I should be pretty easy to spot, I'm short, have a shaved head and a beard. I'll be sporting a grey Comic Evolution shirt, jeans, a black hoody, and a black messenger bag.

If you see a guy with his infant son dressed up as an Orange Lantern you're within eye shot of me.

31Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I'll see you guys there, blue shirt and blue jeans. We should be heading out within the next 15 minutes Very Happy

32Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i wish i would seen this before i had but sadly i didn't You might have seen me. I wasthe guy with a faded superman hat camo backback, army jacket sweatshirt, and spider-man t-shirt.

33Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:59 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Were you at the DC panel? Apparently we all missed each other, it was a great day none the less. Add to the panel notes if you remember something I didn't put down.

34Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:05 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Laughing I saw no one, with the exception of a collector buddy of mine and friends who run the local shops. The con for the most part was pretty awesome!! Nimoy's line ran so smoothly that once we wrapped that up we went over to Aaron Douglas's booth and got his autograph and bs a bit Very Happy The crappy part of the con was the Stan Lee experience. No pics or promotional items and the folks representing him there did him a grave disservice for the most part. Instead of having the ticket pick up and sales upstairs next to the ticket booth, they were located in the corner of the convention center where Stan autographed in the am signings. Unfortunately this just created a gaggle when trying to maneuver around things. I stood in line trying to just pick up my autograph slip for later in the afternoon early and was told to come back around 1pm. So instead of enjoying the con and leisurely looking for a pic or print for him to sign I spent a better part rushing around looking for something to have signed. Then I spent out the rest of my day waiting in a line that kept being shuffled around until Stan showed up. I know I sound frustrated, but it's more at the group out of Vegas representing him than ECCC. ECCC from what I could tell was bending over backwards to work with the promoters and basically catching flack for it. Which turns what should have been a great experience into a bittersweet one Sad

35Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:04 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Laughing I saw no one, with the exception of a collector buddy of mine and friends who run the local shops. The con for the most part was pretty awesome!! Nimoy's line ran so smoothly that once we wrapped that up we went over to Aaron Douglas's booth and got his autograph and bs a bit Very Happy The crappy part of the con was the Stan Lee experience. No pics or promotional items and the folks representing him there did him a grave disservice for the most part. Instead of having the ticket pick up and sales upstairs next to the ticket booth, they were located in the corner of the convention center where Stan autographed in the am signings. Unfortunately this just created a gaggle when trying to maneuver around things. I stood in line trying to just pick up my autograph slip for later in the afternoon early and was told to come back around 1pm. So instead of enjoying the con and leisurely looking for a pic or print for him to sign I spent a better part rushing around looking for something to have signed. Then I spent out the rest of my day waiting in a line that kept being shuffled around until Stan showed up. I know I sound frustrated, but it's more at the group out of Vegas representing him than ECCC. ECCC from what I could tell was bending over backwards to work with the promoters and basically catching flack for it. Which turns what should have been a great experience into a bittersweet one Sad

i didn't get to see any of the panels in the ballroom the lines were to long.

anybody else going the kirby Krackle concert?

36Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:28 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, I kept looking for people, but didn't see anyone.

I went to all of the Marvel and DC panels, kept trying to spot you guys, but I had a great time, got to chat with Geoff Johns briefly and my and Ian Sattler had a bit of a thing going on all day since we ran into each other every twenty minutes, the man is awesome by the way, funny a hell, really grounded, and sold me on DC, I could have gotten like 8 interviews with him with a press badge, meh, oh well.

So, sorry I missed you guys, I had a blast at at the ECCC, didn't do the Stan Lee thing so I guess that was my saving grace, but I got tons of great swag and walked away with one of my best con experiences ever.

37Calling all West coast Pop people - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all West coast Pop people Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Yeah, I kept looking for people, but didn't see anyone.

I went to all of the Marvel and DC panels, kept trying to spot you guys, but I had a great time, got to chat with Geoff Johns briefly and my and Ian Sattler had a bit of a thing going on all day since we ran into each other every twenty minutes, the man is awesome by the way, funny a hell, really grounded, and sold me on DC, I could have gotten like 8 interviews with him with a press badge, meh, oh well.

So, sorry I missed you guys, I had a blast at at the ECCC, didn't do the Stan Lee thing so I guess that was my saving grace, but I got tons of great swag and walked away with one of my best con experiences ever.

I enjoyed myself as well. I would like to see the stan lee panel and the lenord panel but thats okay.

I was in the marvel panel. course i didn't stay for the whole thing. I also got tons of good swag. Maybe we hang out next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum