Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Factor

+17
Ska
LOOSECANNON
Esbat
Rath99
Joshua
hrdwrkngXsoldier
shining knight
jaydee74
Ric Magnum
Debaser77
Denim
TENIME_art
shiky800
rwe1138
Mnemosis
superdoug
Administrator
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:34 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-factor 202

We find out more behind the Reed Richards doplleganger and get a look at Sue's fantasies. Have some more development on the Layla/Doom storyline and see the team seperated again... but now Shatterstar is with Doom and everybody else...save Layla is back in NY with Guido.

Good writing, iffy art at times, but greatness as expected from Peter David.

52X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
Jeromy Cox messed up the coloring on a couple of panels which distracted me from the art, which has seen a huge improvement since Cansino showed up, neither David nor Cansino are to blame, Cox and Jody Lehup should have caught that one. It's a small complaint, but the confusion could have thrown a new fan for a loop. "Why is Monet doing that?" "Well it's supposed to be Layla Miller, sorry for the mix up."
That was a shocker of an error because it was actually a pretty important moment. Really poor work, as you say, from Cox and the editor. I wonder if editors these days spend so much time sticking their fingers into the story side of things that they actually fall down on the actual "editing" side of the job.

I love this book but I am so hanging out for this artists run to be over. While he's improved I really don't think his work is quality. I think a lot his characters look really generic (Reed Richards looks downright shocking).

53X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Factor #203

Highly enjoyable issue despite the misleading cover. But, the exterior's artwork could prove fruitful sometime after Second Coming. Peter David's handle on Guido is second-to-none. I literally laughed out loud during his bantering brawl with South American drug lords. Dialogue continues to be David's strongpoint; it's enough to keep a thin plot and unfinished one-shot from becoming too pale. The artwork was consistent, too, if not overwhelming.

3.5/5 - Loose threads is what David does best. If you're not a faithful follower of X-Factor, don't bother.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

54X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:30 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:X-Factor #203

Highly enjoyable issue despite the misleading cover. But, the exterior's artwork could prove fruitful sometime after Second Coming. Peter David's handle on Guido is second-to-none. I literally laughed out loud during his bantering brawl with South American drug lords. Dialogue continues to be David's strongpoint; it's enough to keep a thin plot and unfinished one-shot from becoming too pale. The artwork was consistent, too, if not overwhelming.

3.5/5 - Loose threads is what David does best. If you're not a faithful follower of X-Factor, don't bother.
You're not wrong about that cover! Laughing

I do wish they'd get a good regular artist on this book. I think it's the one area it suffers in.

55X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I feel like I'm the only one on earth--besides the artist himself--that thinks the art is good every issue. It used to be HORRIBLE.

56X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:I feel like I'm the only one on earth--besides the artist himself--that thinks the art is good every issue. It used to be HORRIBLE.
I'll take this art over Larry Stroman's any day (which is probably what you were referring to)!

57X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Factor #203

This issue follows the Monet/Guido part of the X-Factor team. Get to watch Guido go and get some information to find M and her missing father. Where is M? Well her father’s captor all ready has her as well and she is in a mind prison. In that prison she is in her original prison the Penance Body. (Quick somebody call that other guy and let him cut out the emo crap and become Speedball again.)

There are some character development parts that were enjoyable. We find out that Strong Guy has the hots for Monet, as he gets love life advice from a crippled female drug-lord. We get to see some dialogue between M’s father and her captor as well. We find the captors intentions were to suck off her mutant energy so he can recuperate and power up. The reveal is what makes this book worth reading though. (IT IS NOT EMPLATE, we just did that story in another part of the X-Universe.)

The art in here is growing on me; I do not like Guido’s character redesign though. He looks like a cross between Strong Guy and Morpheus from the Matrix, but with sunglasses that are totally un-cool. The writing from David is great as usual.

4 out of 5 Mutants from the past….kinda

58X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Isn't Guido Strong Guy? Man, I'll feel real stupid if he isn't.

59X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:30 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes, but morpheus he is not

60X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Ha! You scared me for a sec..

61X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Factor #204
Second Coming Revelations: Part 1

Peter David grabs your attention from the very first panel. Anybody that didn’t read what he had to say about X-Factor at the C2E2 panel probably just gasped or let out an “oh @#%#!” I still don’t care much for De Landro’s character art on this book, the action scenes were done well and each environment definitely presented a different pallet of colors for Davidson’s inks. The contrasts were welcome, especially when the all important red beam of death (laser sights) settled in on a target.

David is a master craftsman and there isn’t a single point in this book that you aren’t eager to read more. We get to see the inner workings of how Bastion’s strategizing, and get to see exactly how much control he has over the members of his ‘Human Cabal.’

Notice immediately this book isn’t part of the main story exactly, so don’t expect it to follow in sequence like the previous Second Coming Chapters. Revelations is another animal all together and that animal is an Awesome- osaurus Rex.

This is just the introduction to how Bastion is going to deal with X-Factor Investigations in his movement to blot the X-factor gene from existence. But don’t forget the team is spread out right now and we still have Monet and Strong Guy in South America dealing with Baron Mordo. They take a job from the Absorbing Man, Bastion discusses the nature of Madrox’s mutation and much more.

Anybody who is a fan of this book already knows how insanely good David’s writing is. There is no appearance by Layla Miller, buy you have to know she will come into play, this is X-Factor after all. If your not up to date, pick up the trades, borrow them from a friend, this is consistently one of the best books on the racks.

4.5 out of 5 Sniper Shots LANDED!!

62X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:20 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I absolutely let out an oh @#$ on that first panel. David's stories are on point and always have that moment when you just go, "whoa, that just happend."

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

63X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Factor #204

3.5/5 Strong Guy Tosquitos - Pure definition of a tie-in.

64X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll have to provide an alternate point of view on #204. While by no means would I say this issue was bad I think Peter David overdid the oh-so-clever dialogue in this one so much so that I read it as Peter David saying clever and funny things rather than the characters saying them. And the second thing that was overused was twice showing what appears to be deaths of main characters and which, I'm sure with the second one also, will turn out to not be the reality. I didn't mind the first one but then when he went and did it again at the end, well I think the best term for that is...overkill (pun intended!).

65X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Factor #205

I find De Landro a funny artist to get a handle on. He'll do a couple of pages that look beautiful and then a couple that are really mediocre. Pretty inconsistent.

Anyway, this wasn't a bad issue but I think I'm looking forward to the crossover being over and David focussing on his own story more. That being said it looks like these crossover stories will lead to Siryn (whoops...Banshee) being back on the team so they're meaningful in that way. And speaking of Theresa's super-hero name - did she put out a press release when she decided to go by the name Banshee (I kind of liked the name Siryn but I understand the whole homage to her Dad thing)? It's like a pretty recent thing and yet the bad guys in this issue are calling her Banshee. Really, they couldn't possibly know that.

66X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Mon May 31, 2010 10:35 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Factor #205

Sorry for cheesy reviews lately without much thought or detail but I liked this issue. Funny I made fun of posters in the past for being vague but I've been busy as hell lately. Also, the majority of this week's books I read on my commute to and from work last Friday with headphones on while people were talking loud and smoking in the car. Not fun. Knowing I was pressed for time this weekend, with cookouts and parties galore, I figured to use my time wisely. Now I'm paying for it without proper analysis.

3.5/5

67X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:57 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Factor #206

Man I'd give anything for a good regular artist on this book. That's de Landro's last issue for a little while (maybe for good, I don't know) so we'll see what we get next.

Not a bad issue but for me it featured a classic rushed ending. So much stuffed into such a few pages, the whole thing felt like it needed another issue.

Oh well - on the plus side, the gang is now back together. Let the good times roll, or not.

68X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:29 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

X-Factor #207

Oooo, this issue was good. Delivered in every part that I wanted to. Especially the end...with Rahne walking in pregnant. David delivers just when I needed him to. I was going to drop the book now I'm back on the board. I'm loving the cover for the next issue as well

69X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would absolutely love Sebastian Fiumara to be the regular artist on this book - I loved his work here!!!!

This was a great issue and I'm kind of glad the crossover is over - in fact, I tend to prefer X-Factor not being involved in the X-book crossovers.

Anyway, back to normal this issue and I think it highlighted what this comic is - X-Factor is a character driven book not a story driven book. Sure, there's always plot threads, etc moving along but I think Peter David is more focussed on the characters and character development. There's not a lot of books like this and that's why I enjoy it so much. It's nice to have something different.

70X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Factor #208

Peter David does such a great job on progressing story but at the same time focussing on character stuff as he does so well in this issue. I believe Lupacchino is the new artist and I'm pretty happy. In fact, it's the first time I think we've got a regular artist on this book in some time that I quite like the look of.

I'm really wondering just what the hell Layla is up to. She's still as mysterious and all-knowing as ever.

I wasn't reading X-Force but can anyone tell me if Rahne was pregnant in that book?

71X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:32 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Nope, but she was banging some other Nordic Wolf Guy.

72X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Nope, but she was banging some other Nordic Wolf Guy.

Ah well that must be the real father of her baby then.

X-Factor #209

This series is just consistently fun with this issue no different. I really like this new artist (Lupacchino) - he's doing a nice job. Peter David just has the characterisation completely down and I really don't think there's another comic that feels like this one out there at the moment.

73X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:56 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Nope, but she was banging some other Nordic Wolf Guy.

Are you perhaps referring to the Wolf Prince that she met when she and the other New Mutants were trapped in Asgard the first time? That character survived the destruction of Asgard and showed up in X-Force?

74X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:07 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yes, and #209 was absolutely splendid...book of the (last) week, for me.

Agreed about the art; I wasn't sure how the sugarcake style was going to fit, considering how overtly HOT the women looked in this...but there's a sheer sense of energy and motion with Lupacchino. While he sounds like a blend between coffee and gangster rapping, let's hope he sticks around.

And..

X-Factor in Vegas>Lanterns in Vegas...just sayin'

75X-Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Factor Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:10 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Decided to upgrade X-Factor to monthly over trades, so I caught up by reading #207-210 tonight. Great stuff, as usual.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum