Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV?

+4
Off_White_Lantern
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
hrdwrkngXsoldier
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is going to win the Super Bowl

Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_lcap37%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 37% [ 7 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% [ 4 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:07 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:I dont care for Favre much but I was getting pissed watching all those late hits. I really didnt care who won that game but all those late hits & penalties were getting excessive.

Well maybe the Colts will fumble the ball 6 times and Manning will throw the game away with several interceptions including a last second pick in field goal range?

There were one or two "late hits" everything else was fair game. Its football, you're gonna get rocked if your line doesn't protect you right. And we got way more BS penalties called on us all game. It was a pretty poorly officiated game overall honestly.

And the Saints CAUSED those fumbles and interceptions, its what we've done ALL year, check the stats. Give credit where credit is due. And I'm not sure why you think the Colts are some kind of dominant team to make you talk so much trash. Other than the second half of the Jets game, they've looked average at best in the playoffs. They flat out got outplayed in the first half yesterday. Seriously, there's really no reason for you to be so cocky. Saints and Colts are pretty evenly matched teams.

Im not the only one noticing the dirty play of the Saints. Do a google search theres a shit-ton of threads and discussions about Bobby McCray and the other Saints dirty play against Warner and now Favre. They obviously didnt give a shit about a 15 yard penalty they just wanted to take out or limit the starting QB.

On to the Saints and Colts matchup it pretty much favors the Colts by nearly every single "expert opinion" and the betting line favors Indy. Anything can happen but they both have amazing offenses (although Shockey has looked really gimpy) but the Colts have a much better defense. The Colts score a few less points per game average than the Saints but they give up far less points per game and should tee off on the Saints poor pass D. Average the numbers up and they favor the Colts whether u love them or hate them.

Oh you mean the totally legal hit on Warner? Yeah I forgot this is supposed to be touch football...

I think you grossly underestimate the Saints D, but oh well. They've faced a couple of the best offenses in the league these past two weeks and got the job done, while the Colts D on the other hand faced some pretty shit offenses. We'll just have to wait and see if these so called "experts" are right in 2 weeks I guess.

BTW, congrats on the Colts making the Superbowl. May the best team win. Smile

52Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:14 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See Peyton Manning makes every D look bad though, he is like a mad surgeon hacking away at it. He didn't just exploit the 2nd string CB last night, he also called audibles and set his guys up in ways that would force the safteys to cover down somewhere else to leave the bench guy 1-1 with Garcon. There aren't many...hell there aren't any QB's that read D like that, that alone is why the colts D will be better.... but will we see the Wild-Cat in the SB... Saints have the players to do it.

53Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:22 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:See Peyton Manning makes every D look bad though, he is like a mad surgeon hacking away at it. He didn't just exploit the 2nd string CB last night, he also called audibles and set his guys up in ways that would force the safteys to cover down somewhere else to leave the bench guy 1-1 with Garcon. There aren't many...hell there aren't any QB's that read D like that, that alone is why the colts D will be better.... but will we see the Wild-Cat in the SB... Saints have the players to do it.
Peyton is a beast, there's no denying that. But the Saints D has already faced two Hall of Fame quarterbacks this postseason and did what they've done all year...pick them off multiple times. We're near tops in the league in interceptions and overall turnover ratio. And Peyton certainly isn't infallible, when he's off, he's known to throw picks in bunches. He's thrown the most out of any top 10 quarterback this year, other than the ridiculous Jay Cutler of course lol. Just saying man, don't sleep on the Saints D, trust me I've watched them all year and they've won quite a few games for us.

Oh and we better not pull out the Wildcat, I hate it. Laughing

54Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/83074192.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

The money doesnt matter Im just glad the NFL did something about those cheap hits. Nobody on either side wants to see their team getting taken out on cheap hits or being the ones playing dirty.

Im all for clean hitting but obvious late hits to the QB are a sad way to take the upper hand in a game.

Their comments about taking penalties over getting Manning off the field were pretty pathetic. Luckily Manning is touched less than any QB in the league so good luck with that.

55Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Not surprising NFL rushed to golden boy Favre's defense, they called penalties in his favor all game.

"The first came after Favre handed off to Percy Harvin in the first quarter."
Favre turned around as if he was gonna block McCray, so McCray laid him out. Favre needs to know his role.

"McCray then hit Favre in the knees on his interception in the third quarter, causing Favre to suffer a left ankle injury."
That hit was not late at all. I guess the fine is for going low, but if they're gonna call that then they better get consistent cuz it happens all the time in the NFL.

"Defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove was fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness when he lifted Favre up and slammed him to the turf in the third quarter."
Wow, I guess you can't follow through on a play in the NFL. He hit him before Favre got rid of the ball and followed through on the hit.

56Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/83074192.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

The money doesnt matter Im just glad the NFL did something about those cheap hits. Nobody on either side wants to see their team getting taken out on cheap hits or being the ones playing dirty.

Im all for clean hitting but obvious late hits to the QB are a sad way to take the upper hand in a game.

Their comments about taking penalties over getting Manning off the field were pretty pathetic. Luckily Manning is touched less than any QB in the league so good luck with that.

I think what gave them the upper hand was all of the Viking turnovers.

57Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:The Colts gave up three last week and 17 this week (all first half). Lol New Orleans has no defense to speak of. I was glad Minn fumbled that game away cause they looked much tougher on all sides of the ball. The toughest NO looked was when they were cheapshoting Favre into the ground.

Colts Saints will win by two scores again this year.
Smile Fixed. I'm sorry but I just had to.

Off_White_Lantern wrote:Well maybe the Colts will fumble the ball 6 times and Manning will throw the game away with several interceptions including a last second pick in field goal range?
You were right about the fumbles, but not the last second pick. Wink

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Colts way way out match the saints on the defensive side of the ball. I don't think there is much of a contest. I thought colts vikings would be a better game, but i'll be happy when the Colts win. The colts are 16-0 in games they tried to win this season.... the saints aren't. I'm just glad the teams with the best regular season record are in the big game. When was the last time two #1 seeds went up against each other? Sad thing is if the saints were in the AFC they probably wouldn't have gotten as far as they did.
I'm pretty sure the NFC proved to be the stronger conference this year. Wink

Great game though guys. I got all the respect in the world for Manning and the Colts, and you guys had a great year...but this was just the Saints year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum