Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV?

+4
Off_White_Lantern
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
hrdwrkngXsoldier
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is going to win the Super Bowl

Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_lcap37%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_rcap 37% [ 7 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_lcap16%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_lcap5%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_lcap5%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_lcap0%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_lcap21%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_rcap 21% [ 4 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_lcap0%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, who do you PoP!ers think is going to go home with the big trophy this year. List your pick, their opponent and why you think they will when. (note: Who Dey, and Who Dat! are not reasons. Smile )

I'm going to go with the Colts, I think they will beat the vikings in the big game. The Colts have to when so that their fans don't lynch them when they come home after flushing away the perfect season. With that in mind, they kind of have the most to prove.

The vikes will make it but fall short as Bret Farve hands over the helm of greatness to his replacement in the history books.

I can't figure out how to edit the Poll, The Packers are supposed to be up there not the GIANTS.

Last edited by hrdwrkngXsoldier on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

obviously my dream would be The Bengals, but I went with the Charges. Indy will falter, as they usually do after they rest people too early, and The Charges will face Minnesota in the big game. New Orleans will lose their first playoff game, as I've been saying for half the season now.

The Chargers will simply overrun Favre, forcing alot of interceptions. After that, it won't matter what their O does, but they'll play well also.

Long shot dream is Bengals in the Charges place, doing the exact same thing. I do think we'll beat the Jets next week, but after that, who knows?

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Um why are the Giants in the poll and not the Packers? scratch

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didn't even catch that!

THIS POLL IS FIXED!

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saints-Chargers...and I gotta go with my Saints to win our first Superbowl. We haven't shown up the last few weeks, but if we're playing our best like we did against the Pats then nobody can beat us.

I was gonna pick the Pats to represent the AFC but Wes Welker blowing out his knee is huge...so I had to go with the Chargers. The Colts are good but I think the Chargers are just better and they're playing the best football in the league at this point. Plus, they've kinda had the Colts' number the last couple years.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

NO team that went 0-3 their last three has made it to a Super Bowl.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:NO team that went 0-3 their last three has made it to a Super Bowl.
We'll just have to buck that little trend then won't we. hmm

I was hoping we would take out Carolina this week (even with the backups) to gain a little momentum...we actually had some chances in that game too. But whatever.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sorry to say, you guys will lose your first playoff game. BET ME MONEY!

Okay, not money, but hugs!

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Sorry to say, you guys will lose your first playoff game. BET ME MONEY!

We shall see my friend.

10Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:51 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Sorry to say, you guys will lose your first playoff game. BET ME MONEY!

Prinson Huggs? something has to be on the line Wink

11Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:49 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Gotta go with the Colts. The only other team that makes sense is the Chargers.

NO, Minn, Philly and Cincy stumbled down the stretch. Arz and Dal have trouble putting together quality outings more than two times in a row. Balt, NY and GB are just happy they are in the playoffs but I dont see them going anywhere. Patriots lost one of their top players on Sunday so I would be shocked if they even get past Baltimore.

Colts and Chargers are easily the strongest. Most are predicting the winner of their likely matchup will win the Super Bowl.

12Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cincy won as many games in their last three as the Colts did, so I'm not sure how that is stumbling. That said, the Colts did the same exact shit that never works for them going into the playoffs, and won't get anywhere near the Superbowl, much like every other time just about. The Chargers will beat them easily, if needed, and head on to the Superbowl.

13Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:Cincy won as many games in their last three as the Colts did, so I'm not sure how that is stumbling. That said, the Colts did the same exact shit that never works for them going into the playoffs, and won't get anywhere near the Superbowl, much like every other time just about. The Chargers will beat them easily, if needed, and head on to the Superbowl.

C'mon dont act like u didnt see every single sports program talking about the Colts pulling their starters in their last two games.

Actually Wes Welker going down in a meaningless game does make the Colts decision a little easier to stomach.

Just saying the Colts and SD are the best teams. Cincy will be gone in a few days so I wont even discuss them.

14Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Every team that had a playoff spot lcoked pulled their starters. In fact New Orleans didn't even start their QB their last game. They must put something in the water over in Indiana if you all think this year will be any different from the previous ten of doing the exact same thing with usually the exact same result. And really, Peyton carries the Colts anyways. The dude is easily the best quarterback around, why doesn't he have the success Brady has had? Because he doesn't have the team around Brady has had.

15Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:And really, Peyton carries the Colts anyways. The dude is easily the best quarterback around, why doesn't he have the success Brady has had? Because he doesn't have the team around Brady has had.
Well a big part of it is also Peyton himself under performing in the playoffs. Plus, Brady never had that much offensive talent around him during the Pats' Superbowl runs. Manning has had a lot more weapons at his disposal over the years, pre-Moss Brady had a bunch of scrubs so I'm not sure when people started getting this false notion.

16Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dude, The Pats are everyones team of this decade. They have a bunch of scrubs? (and what? Scrubs? lol) I don't think so.

17Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:dude, The Pats are everyones team of this decade. They have a bunch of scrubs? (and what? Scrubs? lol) I don't think so.
I was mostly talking about the Pats' receiving corps pre-Moss, scrubs might have been a bit strong lol but they certainly weren't anywhere near all-stars.

18Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey hrdwrkngXsoldier, could you fix the poll and take off the Giants and put the Packers? Giants aren't in the playoffs and the Pack are. Sorry its just annoying me. Laughing

19Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

^^^^ Did u guys forget about Peyton and the Colts winning the Super Bowl just a few seasons ago lol. For most teams and players winning the Super Bowl once per decade is enough anymore is icing on the cake.

20Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:32 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cleveland Browns, baby!

Hahaha! Sorry but that made me laugh...I'd like to see the Cowboys make it for the Super Bowl since I've only been in Dallas, Texas for a year-it'd be nice to have some positive energy here.

21Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Um why are the Giants in the poll and not the Packers? scratch
neutral

22Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:And really, Peyton carries the Colts anyways. The dude is easily the best quarterback around, why doesn't he have the success Brady has had? Because he doesn't have the team around Brady has had.
Well a big part of it is also Peyton himself under performing in the playoffs. Plus, Brady never had that much offensive talent around him during the Pats' Superbowl runs. Manning has had a lot more weapons at his disposal over the years, pre-Moss Brady had a bunch of scrubs so I'm not sure when people started getting this false notion.

Yeah the Patriots didnt have any scrubs at their peak. The Defense is the reason why they are sliding not runners or recievers. With the D there last year matt Cassell looked like a great QB. They give up more points now and lose more games because of it.

23Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Well Cincy is done which shouldnt shock anyone. Most predictions had that game closing with the Jets +10 which is exactly how it played out. The kicker sucked but lucky for him they lost by more than 6.

24Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looks like the Bengals are out. Sorry T-Matts

25Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thank you, it's okay, we wanted to win one freaking playoff game, but it was nice to have something to be proud of as a Bengals fan this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum