Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask a Gay Guy!

+55
kerryart
Sapphire Gypsy
WonderWoman2.0
CherriesJubilee
C's Lady
colossus1979
Denim
Heytherejeffro
Tom
kidspider2099
melvinlikechris
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Bigtymin504
ChrisToPhenom
Gojiratoho
Foxy
Administrator
Tripper McGee
TENIME_art
Rath99
JessJupiter
Lord PaulVincent
Batman25JM
The_Donster
Lewis Black is Sabertooth
Dr. Jonathan Crane
supervenom
Time Consumer
CaelynTek
BlueMaxx
Airwolf
J Nova
Thundermatts
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Gandicles
riv1
Janson
Justin
Ska
Mnemosis
Lantern Lite
shining knight
Big PUN
krpykrwly
Metal Misfit
Astro13Zombie
Topcat
FroZen
Esbat
Chi-Town Spidey
Splitty
Lee
Silent K
Joshua
superdoug
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 28]

651Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We just love ya soooo I love you

652Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

My favorite term for my gay friends is bitch. I don't ever not start a phone conversation with my gays without a hearty "Hey bitch!!!"

Then I only personally have two gay friends so I might not be the best source of info. scratch

653Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:34 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:ARGH.

Everyone play nice. I think we're in an area where the shades of gray outstrip the black and white of it, and that region and/or experience play a large factor in what's considered acceptable in this case.

Yes, there is a term for female homosexuals and not for male homosexuals. I don't know why this is the case; probably because Kinsey referred to 'gay men' and 'lesbians' in his studies, a pattern followed by subsequent sexual scientists. Perhaps if Kinsey had supplied us with a moniker to use, this debate would have been deemed unnecessary. But it was a lot to ask of a man who was jeopardizing his career, his good name, and playing fast and loose with his sexual orientation to come up with a whole new name for us, especially when we were still considered criminal deviants at the time, and the press supplied the populace with plenty of choice alternatives.

I think we're all mature enough and family enough here to admit that this is a point where we can all just agree to disagree and respect each others' boundaries. I feel confident that Wondy won't use the term queer around me should we ever be in a room together, and that's all that's important. Smile

Now everyone be nice.

Aww, Doug. Smile LOVE YOU, MEAN IT! Wink

hug

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

654Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Big Poppa Nick wrote:My favorite term for my gay friends is bitch. I don't ever not start a phone conversation with my gays without a hearty "Hey bitch!!!"

Then I only personally have two gay friends so I might not be the best source of info. scratch

Whattaa second..that is how I start my conversations off huh

655Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Big Poppa Nick wrote:My favorite term for my gay friends is bitch. I don't ever not start a phone conversation with my gays without a hearty "Hey bitch!!!"

Whattaa second..that is how I start my conversations off huh

Two peas my lady, two peas. blush

656Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Well you do like horror Twisted Evil

657Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:Wait, I'm supposed to talk about awesome guys?

Joshua. He's all I ever want to be.
Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Spooge

Jeffro's List:

1. Joshua
2. Joshua
3. Joshua
4. Joshua
5. Joshua
6. Joshua
7. Joshua
8. Joshua
9. Joshua
10. Joshua....
My list of awesome guys is quite similar...

1. Joshua
2. Jeffro
3. Hank Mardukis
4. Joshua
5. Joshua
6. Joshua
7. Joshua
8. Joshua
9. Joshua
10. Joshua....

658Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:Wait, I'm supposed to talk about awesome guys?

Joshua. He's all I ever want to be.
Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Spooge

Jeffro's List:

1. Joshua
2. Joshua
3. Joshua
4. Joshua
5. Joshua
6. Joshua
7. Joshua
8. Joshua
9. Joshua
10. Joshua....
My list of awesome guys is quite similar...

1. Joshua
2. Jeffro
3. Hank Mardukis
4. Joshua
5. Joshua
6. Joshua
7. Joshua
8. Joshua
9. Joshua
10. Joshua....

I didn't make the list because I didn't blow you when I brought you cranberry juice. I see how it is.

659Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:00 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
1. Joshua
2. Jeffro
3. Hank Mardukis
4. Joshua
5. Joshua
6. Joshua
7. Joshua
8. Joshua
9. Joshua
10. Joshua....

Wait, I thought we were asking for a list of awesome guys, not everyone you've had intimate relations with in the past two years? scratch

660Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:32 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Big Poppa Nick wrote:
I didn't make the list because I didn't blow you when I brought you cranberry juice. I see how it is.
You did take excellent care of me when I wanted to die and for that I owe you a killer reacharound.

Wait, I thought we were asking for a list of awesome guys, not everyone you've had intimate relations with in the past two years?
Who said the two were mutually exclusive?

661Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:04 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

662Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had recently heard a report that a lot of gay people don't like the term "homosexual". Until I heard that, I had always assumed homosexual was just the PC term for gay. But apparently many believe it has a negative connotation and there have been studies and polling done to back that up. I think they did a poll asking people if they would be ok with "gay service members serving openly in the military" and then they asked if they would be ok with "homosexual service members serving openly in the military." The poll showed that "gay" polled much better than "homosexual." They attributed it mostly to years of anti-gay folk putting a negative spin on the word...plus it seems like anything with the word "sex" in it makes people put their guard up. What are your thoughts on that, Doug?

663Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I had recently heard a report that a lot of gay people don't like the term "homosexual". Until I heard that, I had always assumed homosexual was just the PC term for gay. But apparently many believe it has a negative connotation and there have been studies and polling done to back that up. I think they did a poll asking people if they would be ok with "gay service members serving openly in the military" and then they asked if they would be ok with "homosexual service members serving openly in the military." The poll showed that "gay" polled much better than "homosexual." They attributed it mostly to years of anti-gay folk putting a negative spin on the word...plus it seems like anything with the word "sex" in it makes people put their guard up. What are your thoughts on that, Doug?

That's interesting. I would like to read/hear that report.

But to be fair, I'm more comfortable referring to myself as gay rather than homosexual...and I imagine that is due to the negative connotations perpetrated by members of the evangelical clergy and anti-gay bias. (Think about 'Gaaaaaay' as opposed to HOmoSEXuAL!', which seems to be the most popular way of intonation when used in sermons.)

Also, homosexuality was listed for a long time as a psychiatrically deviant behavior, subject to cures like ECT and Thorazine. So, 'homosexuals' were deviant, according to modern psychiatry, and a term like 'gay' doesn't carry that same stigma with it. I'd rather be considered a happy bachelor than a deviant. Smile

But I can see where I wouldn't be unique in thinking like that. After all, it's not HLBTQi...it's GLBTQi.

664Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Besides Gay means happy..... and who doesn't want to be happy?

I think homosexual always sounded so clinical. Sad

I never got my cookie answer. Sad

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

665Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like pretty much any cookie, so long as it's not peanut butter. I love peanut butter as a spread, but PB cookies make me physically ill. EVERY TIME.

Given my druthers, I could happily eat Snickerdoodles until my heart stopped. I'm also a fan of ginger snaps and macaroons.

And chocolate chip, of course. I have a soft spot for Chips Ahoy! cookies, but I only like them with Coca-Cola. Oreos and Fudge Sandwich cookies are why God gave us milk for dunking.

666Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:30 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

favorite horror movie?

667Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain you can imagine, how bad did it hurt the first time?

668Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:37 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Josh, same question.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

669Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:37 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:On a scale of 1-10, 1 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain you can imagine, how bad did it hurt the first time?

The first successful time? About a 3. Not very much. But there were a couple of attempts before that were like a 15 or 30, and were not pleasant. Which is unfortunate, because it was something I seriously wanted to do for/with my first lover, but being young and inexperienced, we didn't know about stretching and foreplay to facilitate things.

Personally, I don't know how other people did it as young as they claim. I think it's likely a lot of bull on their part.

670Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:I had recently heard a report that a lot of gay people don't like the term "homosexual". Until I heard that, I had always assumed homosexual was just the PC term for gay. But apparently many believe it has a negative connotation and there have been studies and polling done to back that up. I think they did a poll asking people if they would be ok with "gay service members serving openly in the military" and then they asked if they would be ok with "homosexual service members serving openly in the military." The poll showed that "gay" polled much better than "homosexual." They attributed it mostly to years of anti-gay folk putting a negative spin on the word...plus it seems like anything with the word "sex" in it makes people put their guard up. What are your thoughts on that, Doug?

That's interesting. I would like to read/hear that report.

But to be fair, I'm more comfortable referring to myself as gay rather than homosexual...and I imagine that is due to the negative connotations perpetrated by members of the evangelical clergy and anti-gay bias. (Think about 'Gaaaaaay' as opposed to HOmoSEXuAL!', which seems to be the most popular way of intonation when used in sermons.)

Also, homosexuality was listed for a long time as a psychiatrically deviant behavior, subject to cures like ECT and Thorazine. So, 'homosexuals' were deviant, according to modern psychiatry, and a term like 'gay' doesn't carry that same stigma with it. I'd rather be considered a happy bachelor than a deviant. Smile

But I can see where I wouldn't be unique in thinking like that. After all, it's not HLBTQi...it's GLBTQi.

Thanks for the insight. I saw it on The Young Turks...here are the links:

Here's the follow up interview with somebody that doesn't like the term homosexual.

I always find it really interesting how much words and labels make a difference in swaying public opinion.

671Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:Josh, same question.
For me? 1. For Jeffro? I don't know, but probably not much higher than a 1, I'm pretty average in length.

672Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Given my druthers, I could happily eat Snickerdoodles until my heart stopped. I'm also a fan of ginger snaps and macaroons.
Snickerdoodles rock my socks!

Never really thought about "homosexual" being grating to hear. Especially with the sermon example. "Heathens and homosexuals, committing adultery and sodomy. The evils among us, yadda-yadda, 'cynicism & unfair judgement ad nauseum'."

And question 3: With your gay friends/family/acquaintances, do you find them to be more mature or mature faster than straight friends/family/acquaintances? At least socially. (Q4) Do you think it's due to conditionings of empathy towards others caused by their own disparagements from society?

I know, I know, I'm totally asking reasonable questions. Seriously almost asked you a gimp question. Laughing

673Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Snicker-doodles are the best. Note to self, bring some to C2E2. Very Happy

674Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the giant sugar cookie that they used to have in the scvhool cafeteria, thery may still have them, but I am not allowed in schools.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

675Ask a Gay Guy! - Page 27 Empty Re: Ask a Gay Guy! Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah well I'm not making cookies for you... just Doug. Very Happy

I'm a sucker for a good Oatmeal Scotchie.... especially if there's a real Scott burried under all the cookies. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum