Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Thread

+30
TheBrownLantern
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dmahoney
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Mnemosis
KingJoffers
Fresh03
vikoros
Jango Fett
shiky800
The Ignored One
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Administrator
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Sandman
Bigtymin504
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

326The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The "Who is Worthy" would make a lot of sense if it was about the new Thunderstrike series. Does the Thunderstrike weapon have the same thing as Thor's hammer where the person wielding it have to be worthy?

I do like this concept and I wasn't really saying the DC owned the concept. I just thought it was interesting. I haven't been reading this yet. I'm waiting to read certain Marvel titles in trades. Where did the Avengers find this?

327The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Schism is probably something akin to Civil War.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

328The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:I also go with Black Bolt as the Return of the king.
Fear without man - I think is a Daredevil thing being the inverse of man without fear.
What's in the rings - I'm going with the Mandarin here and a potential upcoming Iron Man story. I suspect that's the reason Mandarin was featured in the recent Iron Man annual.

There's also one you didn't mention:

Who is worthy? and it's connected to 9.9.9 - not sure what that means.

Good call on these Aussie, I was thinking Mandarin for the rings too.
Fear without Man = Shadowland?
"Return of the King" is OBVIOUSLY the resurrection of Mufasa from Marvel's Lion King comic.
The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Comic
As far as the "What's in the Ring?" question, well, I see something big around the corner for...
Spoiler:

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

329The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:36 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
I do like this concept and I wasn't really saying the DC owned the concept. I just thought it was interesting. I haven't been reading this yet. I'm waiting to read certain Marvel titles in trades. Where did the Avengers find this?
It was put together by an older Tony Stark in the future during the current time travel story.

330The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

huh

331The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

Just read New Avengers 5.

Still a great book, the ending however was great, hey lets put all our powers into Wolverine. It is like using a Game Shark for a superhero fight

332The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #6

This was okay I guess. I just haven't been digging this arc too much which is weird because I LOVE time travel stories.

This issue scares the hell out of me. The stuff regarding what Bucky is going to do really worries me. I've come to LOVE Bucky since he's returned, and I don't want to see anything happen to him or him do anything bad.

333The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Avengers #6

This issue scares the hell out of me. The stuff regarding what Bucky is going to do really worries me. I've come to LOVE Bucky since he's returned, and I don't want to see anything happen to him or him do anything bad.

I did not like those comments at all. I guess it's worth remembering that it's only an alternate future and not necessarily the future so anything could happen. One thing I often think with Bucky though is that seeing he was brainwashed who's to say he hasn't got some deep programming in him that is just waiting there to be triggered (Manchurian Candidate style). That's always going to be an underlying issue with him.

I thought the issue was okay. I liked all the trickery that was revealed towards the end linking back to the things we saw at the beginning of the story arc.

I found the Killraven being stuck in the past (our present) resolved in a kind of off hand way at the end there. They just sort of said Steve's taken care of it so I'm wondering if that's something that we'll hear more about later.

334The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:30 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Great idea about Bucky possibly being a sleeper agent...maybe the brainwashing was more extensive then previously thought. I love me some Bucky so the thought of that scares the shit out of me lol.

Overall I quite enjoyed this arc. I have a feeling a lot of what we've seen here will be very significant down the road...especially the stuff with Tony.

335The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #7

The art is completely killing my enjoyment of this book. Honestly, it looks like shit. I couldn't even tell that was Parker Robbins to begin with. Everything looked bad. And seriously, what the fuck is up with Spider-Woman's hair. UGH!!

I can't even comment on the story because my hatred of the art is overshadowing it.

336The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:32 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

This was an average tale....the ideas are a 10/10 and the execution is a mere 4/10...I had no idea it was The Hood til i read some reviews LOL...the art's been pretty average the last couple issues...The Illuminati bit should be interesting...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

337The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:07 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

yeah I did no tknow it was the hood either until he mentioned the norn stones at the end

338The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved issue #7. Anything involving the Infinity Gauntlet is must read for me. Plus I can't wait for the reunion of the Illuminati. Here's another thing they've effed up. Laughing

And the reason why you guys couldn't tell it was the Hood...was because he wasn't wearing his Hood! I mean its not like he has any other distinguishing features that JRJR didn't depict right lol. That's the case with most every character in comics, unless they're in costume or have some distinguishing feature about them, it's not easy to tell them apart. I confirmed it was Hood when somebody called him Robbins, as in Parker Robbins. Plus his general power hungry self tipped me off too.

339The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^He may not have been in costume, but his hair was all wrong. If he had at least slightly resembled how he has looked in the past I wouldn't have such a problem.

340The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^He may not have been in costume, but his hair was all wrong. If he had at least slightly resembled how he has looked in the past I wouldn't have such a problem.

But that was the point...his hair was long because he's a) been in hiding b) been on a journey in search of the Infinity Gems.

What I'm wondering is how the heck he got out of prison...wasn't he captured and incarcerated at the end of New Avengers Finale? I wonder how he got out...

341The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Avengers #7

The art is completely killing my enjoyment of this book. Honestly, it looks like shit. I couldn't even tell that was Parker Robbins to begin with. Everything looked bad. And seriously, what the fuck is up with Spider-Woman's hair. UGH!!

I can't even comment on the story because my hatred of the art is overshadowing it.

While I don't hate the art as vehemently I have to say I'm definitely not enjoying it. I've got to also agree that that didn't look like Parker Robbins to me either and not just because of the long hair. JRJR's Jarvis doesn't look right either.

Anyway....I thought this was a pretty good set up issue for what's coming. The bit with Noh-Varr introducing his girlfriend was kind of weird and unecessary - Bendis aggravates me a bit when he tries to hard for these character bits.

342The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Anyway....I thought this was a pretty good set up issue for what's coming. The bit with Noh-Varr introducing his girlfriend was kind of weird and unecessary - Bendis aggravates me a bit when he tries to hard for these character bits.

I actually liked that bit because it tied back to the Dark Avengers Annual issue that focused on Noh-Varr. That's where those two met, so it was kinda cool to see that side plot carry over.

343The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:02 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

oh yeah, forgot about that..and everyone raved about that Annual...

344The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:33 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Anyway....I thought this was a pretty good set up issue for what's coming. The bit with Noh-Varr introducing his girlfriend was kind of weird and unecessary - Bendis aggravates me a bit when he tries to hard for these character bits.

I actually liked that bit because it tied back to the Dark Avengers Annual issue that focused on Noh-Varr. That's where those two met, so it was kinda cool to see that side plot carry over.

Oh I didn't mind that he picked up on that plot point - I think that kind of thing is actually important. I just found the way he did it a bit forced.

345The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:17 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

umm....not a huge fan of this issue, particularly the art. While having defended Romita on this book numerous occasions, I simply can't anymore. Even the cover art is unacceptable. And that splash page! Ouch. At least the back-up mock interview is always enticing... Avengers #8 = 2.5/5

346The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #8

I actually really liked this issue, maybe my favorite one of the series so far. Probably because I love the whole Illuminati concept and that great miniseries a few years back, so I was all for their reunion. I love that Steve didn't trust Tony when he took off like that. The end was great! The Avengers will not be happy about the Illuminati's latest screw up...

347The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:umm....not a huge fan of this issue, particularly the art. While having defended Romita on this book numerous occasions, I simply can't anymore. Even the cover art is unacceptable. And that splash page! Ouch. At least the back-up mock interview is always enticing... Avengers #8 = 2.5/5
Funny...I actually thought the art was somewhat improved on this issue. For the first half. Then it deteriorated again for the second half. I though that Hulk/Hood fight looked awful.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Avengers #8

I actually really liked this issue, maybe my favorite one of the series so far. Probably because I love the whole Illuminati concept and that great miniseries a few years back, so I was all for their reunion. I love that Steve didn't trust Tony when he took off like that. The end was great! The Avengers will not be happy about the Illuminati's latest screw up...

Apart from the art, I totally enjoyed this issue also for a lot of the same reasons. It was just perfect that Steve tracked Tony. It's enough of these guys thinking they know better than everyone else. And those last 2 pages I just kept thinking......BUSTED!!!!! The jig is up Illuminati!

I think the Avengers are in a bit of trouble now with the Hood which, as we see at the end, is probably going to require everyone's assistance.

348The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I LOVED issue 8. I love the whole Illuminati concept as well.

349The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #8

I really enjoyed this. It was hands down my favorite issue to date.

The art wasn't as bad for the most part. I still think Spider-Woman looks like shit, and I agree with Aussiemandias, the Red Hulk/Hood fight didn't look good.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

350The Avengers Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:19 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Avengers: Prime #5

Good end to an extraordinarily fun mini, complete with some of Alan Davis' finest work in some time. Of course the contradictions between this and Gillen's penned Thor books post-Siege arise, but in the end it all doesn't matter. Sure, the story didn't end up the heated debacle--ala Civil War--most of us perhaps expected, but this journey to reinstate the nine realms did what it merely accomplished: getting the band back together once again.

p.s. If Bill Clinton messes with an overweight inturn, who's to blame Steve Rogers for gettin' a little fancy with a purple gypsy woman?
3.5/5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum