Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Thread

+30
TheBrownLantern
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dmahoney
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Mnemosis
KingJoffers
Fresh03
vikoros
Jango Fett
shiky800
The Ignored One
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Administrator
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Sandman
Bigtymin504
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

51The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Power Man, Powerhouse, Power Girl and the pink Power Ranger.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

52The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

I think that it's just characters from several teams that are going to be important in the heroic age, with the majority of them being Avengers because they are obviously going to be the biggest part in the heroic age.

53The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jango Fett wrote:I think that it's just characters from several teams that are going to be important in the heroic age, with the majority of them being Avengers because they are obviously going to be the biggest part in the heroic age.

The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Hit_nail_on_head

54The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:You guys seem to be putting too much stock into this image. I'm almost positive this isn't the actual Avengers line up guys, its more just a cross section of the MU for The Heroic Age I'd say.

It just seems like there are some odd choices in the picture if this isn't the lineup. Why the hell would Gorilla-Man be in the picture if this isn't a picture of the new lineup? As it is he's a D lister at best, and I just don't see the Agents of Atlas having that big of a bump in importance.

55The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:You guys seem to be putting too much stock into this image. I'm almost positive this isn't the actual Avengers line up guys, its more just a cross section of the MU for The Heroic Age I'd say.

It just seems like there are some odd choices in the picture if this isn't the lineup. Why the hell would Gorilla-Man be in the picture if this isn't a picture of the new lineup? As it is he's a D lister at best, and I just don't see the Agents of Atlas having that big of a bump in importance.

The fact that he's a D-lister is probably the reason he was included, maybe to give some exposure to the Agents of Atlas. Plus, a big ole ape with a gatling gun is always a great image. Laughing

56The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:56 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Looks weird to me that Marvel is bumping AoA again after cancelling their book last year. What makes the team so important all of a sudden?

57The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New creative team announced for Avengers #1....Brian Bendis and John Romita Jr.
http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1065412p1.html

I like JRJR, but I was hoping Jimmy Cheung would do the art, at least for the first arc. Plus, JRJR isn't everyone's cup of tea so I'm surprised they picked him for Avengers. scratch

58The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And here's the teaser!

The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Avengers1

59The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'm happy that Bendis is the writer (but there wasn't really any doubt). I'm not sure how I feel about JRJR. I like him, but I don't LOVE him. I think his best work was on ASM. I'd much rather have Immonen on the book. His work on New Avengers has been phenomenal. If not Immonen I'd like Jimmy Cheung. His work is fantastic.

60The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I'm happy that Bendis is the writer (but there wasn't really any doubt). I'm not sure how I feel about JRJR. I like him, but I don't LOVE him. I think his best work was on ASM. I'd much rather have Immonen on the book. His work on New Avengers has been phenomenal. If not Immonen I'd like Jimmy Cheung. His work is fantastic.
Yeah I'm surprised they did that to Immonen, he's been consistently fantastic on New Avengers. Plus he and Bendis are pretty close I think.

I love Romita on Spidey but not so sure about the Avengers. His art is great, but its not the "pretty to look at" kind of art that I was hoping for on this book. I was really hoping for Cheung. hmm

61The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I'm really not a fan of that image. Pretty boring for an ad... and I'm decidedly (after seeing that Bucky Cap) not a fan of that art. I'll probably wait for this one to be collected... if at all.

62The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Avengers1

A lot of people are saying that the Cap in that image has blue eyes...and that Bucky has brown eyes while Steve has blue eyes. Just throwing it out there. neutral

63The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:42 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

DROPPED.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

64The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:DROPPED.
All cuz of one artist? scratch

65The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I'm happy that Bendis is the writer (but there wasn't really any doubt). I'm not sure how I feel about JRJR. I like him, but I don't LOVE him. I think his best work was on ASM. I'd much rather have Immonen on the book. His work on New Avengers has been phenomenal. If not Immonen I'd like Jimmy Cheung. His work is fantastic.
Well I tend to think Avengers might not be the only Avengers books so there's every chance Immonen might still be on an Avengers book.

Bigtymin504 wrote:The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Avengers1

A lot of people are saying that the Cap in that image has blue eyes...and that Bucky has brown eyes while Steve has blue eyes. Just throwing it out there. neutral
Don't think so. The "I forge my own legacy" is all Bucky.

66The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Don't think so. The "I forge my own legacy" is all Bucky.
Yeah I know, just reporting some people's ramblings online. Although I do wonder why they mess up eye coloring so much. Bucky is officially listed as having brown eyes, yet I've seen him with blue eyes quite a few times now like in Cap Reborn. Same with Logan, he's officially listed with blue eyes but is shown with brown sometimes. I know its minor, but just a pet peeve of mine. dry

67The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:06 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

The Avengers Thread - Page 3 11152storystory_full-5129884.

So she's in. Wonder who else it will be.

68The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

The more I look at this art the less I like the coloring. It looks like colored pencils.

Also, the mouths seem too low on the face. /nitpicky

69The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

At least he threw in some nipples.

70The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:The Avengers Thread - Page 3 11152storystory_full-5129884.

So she's in. Wonder who else it will be.

Sweet. So it looks like we'll get a new Avenger everyday! I think this is a great way to reveal the team. And I'm really glad Spider-Woman is on. Smile

71The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm getting jazzed for this new Avengers series. Should be awesome.

72The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Avengers Thread - Page 3 SentryAvenger

blink

73The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Woman and The Sentry? I officially don't care about this new Avengers team.

74The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Spider-Woman and The Sentry? I officially don't care about this new Avengers team.
Laughing that's a fan-made gag teaser, the "I throw things into the sun" tagline should give it away.

But sorry I just couldn't resist. Wink

75The Avengers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I should have known since it was an old image of The Sentry, but I thought it was just Marvel being lazy. tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum