Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommend any free Kindle books?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recommend any free Kindle books? Empty Recommend any free Kindle books? Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

So... I've downloaded about 9 books for the Kindle iPod Touch/iPhone app thsi past weekend. Since I have not read a "regular" book in years, I felt as if my brain is slowly turning into mush and seriously need to kick start it again.

This is what I have downloaded:

• The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
  • Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
  • Walden by Henry David Thoreau
  • Edgar Allan Poe's Complete Poetical Works
  • Poems By Walt Whitman
  • On the Origin of Species By Means of Natural Selection, or, the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life by Charles Darwin
  • The Iliad by Homer
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

What have you downloaded and/or what would you recommend?

2Recommend any free Kindle books? Empty Re: Recommend any free Kindle books? Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 pm

KindleBrat

KindleBrat
Cadet
Cadet

Best advice is to check the list of Kindle best sellers every day or so. They are constantly updating the list and have lots of new authors that they are trying to get interest in, so will have their first book for free or for very cheap. I have had my Kindle since July and have over 200 books on it, probably only paid for 60% of them.

Most if not all classics are free, but you can get new people all the time.

What type of books do you like, besides classics?

3Recommend any free Kindle books? Empty Re: Recommend any free Kindle books? Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I like a bunch of Crichton's stuff, as well as some of the Star Wars stuff.
Some religious stuff.
Like I said, I haven't read a book in years, so I just picked some books that I thought I'd be interested in.

4Recommend any free Kindle books? Empty Re: Recommend any free Kindle books? Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whitman and Poe...nice choices.

5Recommend any free Kindle books? Empty Re: Recommend any free Kindle books? Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:17 am

KindleBrat

KindleBrat
Cadet
Cadet

Definitely have good taste in literature. I have seen some Star Wars books up, as well as a variety of similar books. Just hunt the site and see what you get, the prices are really cheap and since you can try a sample chapter, it is a great way to try out new people without having to buy it automatically.

6Recommend any free Kindle books? Empty Re: Recommend any free Kindle books? Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:36 pm

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

If you're into science fiction, I would suggest:

Baen Books Ebook Store

On the left in categories click "Free Library". There are a bunch of free books available. Everything is Kindle compatible. I personally recommend: On Basilisk Station by David Weber. It's the first book in my all time favorite sci-fi series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum